Unfounded criticism from western women

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Unfounded criticism from western women

Post by Voice of Reason »

I was looking at a gym today in Ho Chi Minh, and the nice girl showing me around said that I needed to do something about my gut (which has become bigger in the last month because I have been traveling and not exercising).

In Thailand my gut also gets bigger because the food is so good, and many Thai women have said that I am fat.

This has got me thinking, that there is a huge difference between the way western women criticize and that of women in Southeast Asia:

At one stage of my life in the west i was as fit as I had ever been, and i was running for over 10km a week. Yet quite often I would have western women (and men) tell me that I am "too skinny" and that "I should eat more". Quite often it would be obese people telling me this.

This criticism in the west used to get my blood boiling. But not so when Asian women tell me I'm fat, because it's true. It's no use lying about someones body to make them feel good about themselves, but it's even worse to criticize someone when the criticism is unfounded.

In southeast Asia the criticism from women has been constructive and fair. But criticism from women in the west has generally been the opposite. When western women criticize you, it feels like they're just putting you down.

What are your thoughts and experiences? Do you find that western women criticize you just for the sake of it?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

I feel like nothing logically makes sense with western women, so I just stopped trying to understand them.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Mr.Darcy wrote:I feel like nothing logically makes sense with western women, so I just stopped trying to understand them.
If you can figure this out with your eyes closed...you have a slight chance of understanding western women. Some things are just not worth trying to figure out. What do you gain from it? A pat on the back maybe? No thanks :D

Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Most of my interactions with western women involves them

# taking my order,
# ringing up my purchase,
# giving my receipt & correct change.

Call it DGAFinated. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Teal Lantern wrote:Most of my interactions with western women involves them

# taking my order,
# ringing up my purchase,
# giving my receipt & correct change.

Call it DGAFinated. 8)
:lol:
insanity
Freshman Poster

Post by insanity »

Voice of Reason wrote:I was looking at a gym today in Ho Chi Minh, and the nice girl showing me around said that I needed to do something about my gut (which has become bigger in the last month because I have been traveling and not exercising).

In Thailand my gut also gets bigger because the food is so good, and many Thai women have said that I am fat.

This has got me thinking, that there is a huge difference between the way western women criticize and that of women in Southeast Asia:

At one stage of my life in the west i was as fit as I had ever been, and i was running for over 10km a week. Yet quite often I would have western women (and men) tell me that I am "too skinny" and that "I should eat more". Quite often it would be obese people telling me this.

This criticism in the west used to get my blood boiling. But not so when Asian women tell me I'm fat, because it's true. It's no use lying about someones body to make them feel good about themselves, but it's even worse to criticize someone when the criticism is unfounded.

In southeast Asia the criticism from women has been constructive and fair. But criticism from women in the west has generally been the opposite. When western women criticize you, it feels like they're just putting you down.

What are your thoughts and experiences? Do you find that western women criticize you just for the sake of it?
The reason for that is simple. Being fat is not considered such a flaw in SEA. That´s why people are more open about saying it. Fat local people in SEA don´t have such low confidence about their behavior. Especially men.

Other things are much more of an taboo in SEA compared to the US.

Just to give you an example: If you are very tanned people will think: "oh my god he looks like he comes straight out of a rice field. why do rich foreigners let themselves get burned by the sun so much? he looks like homeless trash"

They wont say it though because in their culture it would be very humiliating and offensive as everyone is trying to have a white skin.

You will see two locals tell each other that they look really fat and it´s more of a harmless joke but you wont find them telling each other that they are really tanned and looking like poor rice farmers.

That´s it really...Has little to do with American women being mean to you
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I agree with the post above. Criticism from Filipina women doesn't bother me too much, because it really doesn't matter to them if you're not in perfect physical shape. One of my Filipina gfs was always bitching about my beer gut, but that didn't stop her from f***ing my brains out every night. Another one of my Filipina gf's made fun of my big boobs, but she couldn't keep her hands off of me :)