Guy kicks Winston's car door and makes a dent. Wtf?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've lashed out at car drivers before, especially when I was in my angry young man phase. I had a tough upbringing.

Tonight some asshole tried to steal stuff out my bag. I let it go and drowned my temporary sorrows in a bar. If I'd have called him out on it and he had a knife, I'd have had a much less pleasant night in a hospital.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

targetguy
Freshman Poster

road rage

Post by targetguy »

8) I used to live in las vegas for years and there are a lot of methamphetamine users and others that will go off the handle over nothing. Honking or yelling Is one thing that will set a few of the hot heads off. The crime rate is very high there and so is the unemployment rate. People there are not like the orient and overreact over minor things while in the orient honking is a way of life. Some are so upset over losing a fortune on the gambling there is no telling what they will do or say to take their frustrations out on. After the realestate crisis there I had to go after my house lost over 200,000 in value and was in a so called good area.
no scammers
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Most of the dent came out with a toilet plunger, kind of like the guy did in this video:

Then I used a Pops-A-Dent tool from the auto store. It got some of the remaining dent out but not all of it. I used it multiple times. Here is what it looks like.

The easiest way is if I could just remove the car door panel and hammer out the dent from the inside with a hammer. But the door panel is not that easy to remove. You can't just unscrew it open. You need a mechanic to do it.

Either way, it beats spending hundreds of dollars at an auto body shop.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Winston wrote:
Halwick wrote:What did you do? Lightly "tap" the horn or "stand" on the horn for a prolonged five minutes or so? LOL.

Would sticking your head out the window and in a friendly manner ask him to "please step aside so you may pass" resulted in a different outcome?

You're lucky to have gotten a dented door. It could have been a bullet through the windshield.
Lightly tapping the horn may shorten the sound but it does not decrease the volume of it. It doesn't matter. Honking at someone blocking the road is a normal thing.

After I honked at him, he did get out of the way. But he flipped me off and yelled at me. That's when I honked at him again to tell him off. After that, he kicked the door. And I honked at him a third time. Then drove off. If I had not honked at him the second time after he flipped me off, and just drove off instead, he wouldn't have been able to kick my car door.

Dude, are you living in reality? If you stand on the road and block oncoming traffic, no one is going to stop and roll down the window and say "please step aside so you may pass" when they could just honk. NO ONE would do that. Get real. Go out and block the road and see if anyone stops and says to you "please step aside so you may pass". Have you ever been outside before? Dang you are so unrealistic.
And Dude, you are one short-fused, argumentive and bellicose hothead!

FYI, I used to live in East Los Angeles, CA where there's a lot of cholos and vatos hanging around, sometimes in the middle of the street. I never had any problems with them, but then I didn't provoke them like you would have done. Yeah....I'm so "unrealistic" that I know better not to make a bad situation worse.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

There was a time when as soon as I saw the man coming towards my car, I would have jumped out and started throwing blows. However, not only does this get you thrown in jail, times have changed in the last 30 years and nowadays, people just shoot you. So the old adage, he who runs lives to fight another day is more applicable than ever.

My father used to say, "Ever wonder why a big fish is big? He didn't get that way being stupid."

Ever wonder how an old person got that way? By picking and choosing their battles carefully and understanding that right or wrong, ego gets you in trouble more often than not.

I used to be a little guy, 140-150lbs and used to love to fight, just to test myself. I'd fight guys 200-250lbs and win most of the time. Knocking them cold was especially pleasurable. Now I think I was just a guy with too much testosterone and was an idiot, although I learned from the experiences. Fighting is just like being a gunfighter in the old west...one day you come across someone faster than you or who fights dirty. Sometimes that's all it takes, just one slip, one shot, and that's it, life is over.

So in this case, Winston probably did the right thing. Although...perhaps he could have taken a cell phone photo of the cocksucker or tried to run his ass over.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: The US should cancel the "pedestrian has the right of way" rule and do the "cars have the right of way" like it is in most countries. The stupid rule makes driving dangerous because there are too many arrogant pedestrians who walk across as if they own the road without consideration for vehicles.
...if you're a pedestrian trying to cross the road in China, I think your opinions would be quite different.

Winston wrote: I don't know why. But little mistakes by my dad like that always make me blow my fuse. This is just one of hundreds of incidents. Often, his actions are completely the OPPOSITE of logical. I don't know why. We've had hundreds of incidents like this where he does something totally stupid and I blow my fuse and yell at him and lecture him and he gets angry back at me and tells me that I have a horrible temper, making that the issue rather than his mistake.
It has nothing to do with him stopping for a pedestrian, choosing a parking space, or being logical. It's you being irritated at your parents, which can be considered normal because if the kids got along too well with the parents, they'd stay home and not move out.

Personally, I don't always park at the closest parking space either. Considering how much time I spend in the office every day, a little extra walk across the parking lot is a good thing.
deasil875
Freshman Poster

Post by deasil875 »

tre wrote:Yes, the murderers went to jail of course...LIFE in prison. However, these big sentences doesn't stop people from killing each other. Vegas has some very rich, connected people and many are "criminal". If you piss off the wrong person, you could be in real trouble. Pedestrians aren't likely to do much more than kick your car wanting you to get out and fight. If you do step out, they will likely be ready to fight and may injure you in a way that you won't recover from. However, someone in a vehicle could have a gun, purposely run you off the road, follow you to see where you live and worse. It's best to curb the road rage in Vegas. WHEN someone f***s with you on the road (it WILL happen), just avoid any more conflict. If you flip someone off, they could become your worst nightmare if they are the wrong person...
And forget about "protection" from these unsavory yuppie types. MLVPD is probably one of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in the country.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:Winston, rather than get angry at your dad, I would've cussed out the stupid pedestrian instead. Face it, Winston, Americans are sh*t-heads most of the time, and any little thing will trip them up. It's even worse with New Yorkers, lol. Americans are rude, obnoxious a-holes and if someone had done that to my dad, I would've cussed right back at that person.
You think Winston would end up in a fight in China? He is Chinese, so they won't hesitate to take a swing at him for any reason, good or bad. :lol:

Sounds like you would fit in just fine in China Winston! If you are willing to use a horn like that in the US, without the intent to back it up physically, you will fit in perfectly there. :lol:
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Halwick wrote:
Winston wrote:
Halwick wrote:What did you do? Lightly "tap" the horn or "stand" on the horn for a prolonged five minutes or so? LOL.

Would sticking your head out the window and in a friendly manner ask him to "please step aside so you may pass" resulted in a different outcome?

You're lucky to have gotten a dented door. It could have been a bullet through the windshield.
Lightly tapping the horn may shorten the sound but it does not decrease the volume of it. It doesn't matter. Honking at someone blocking the road is a normal thing.

After I honked at him, he did get out of the way. But he flipped me off and yelled at me. That's when I honked at him again to tell him off. After that, he kicked the door. And I honked at him a third time. Then drove off. If I had not honked at him the second time after he flipped me off, and just drove off instead, he wouldn't have been able to kick my car door.

Dude, are you living in reality? If you stand on the road and block oncoming traffic, no one is going to stop and roll down the window and say "please step aside so you may pass" when they could just honk. NO ONE would do that. Get real. Go out and block the road and see if anyone stops and says to you "please step aside so you may pass". Have you ever been outside before? Dang you are so unrealistic.
And Dude, you are one short-fused, argumentive and bellicose hothead!

FYI, I used to live in East Los Angeles, CA where there's a lot of cholos and vatos hanging around, sometimes in the middle of the street. I never had any problems with them, but then I didn't provoke them like you would have done. Yeah....I'm so "unrealistic" that I know better not to make a bad situation worse.
But I was right. People are not going to stop on the road and take the time to politely roll down the window and tell you to move over, if you are blocking the road. They are going to honk. They have a right to honk. Why do you think cars have horns? They are there for a reason.

Why are you expecting me to do what no one else would do? Why are you taking that scumfuck's side? What would you have done?

In this case, I was in the right to honk at him for obstructing traffic. The guy had no basis for being mad.

Btw, drivers in Vegas honk a lot all the time, even for frivolous reasons such as the car in front of them delaying moving at a green light for only a second.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston, you could always sign up for gun training classes and then get your gun permit. So, if someone ever gives you problems again, you can just whip out your gun! :P

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
johnnyderp
Freshman Poster

Post by johnnyderp »

Winston wrote:After I honked at him, he did get out of the way. But he flipped me off and yelled at me. That's when I honked at him again to tell him off. After that, he kicked the door. And I honked at him a third time. Then drove off. If I had not honked at him the second time after he flipped me off, and just drove off instead, he wouldn't have been able to kick my car door.
Well, there you go. Could have avoided a dinted door by letting go of your emotions/ego.

He was an obvious kook, on drugs, meds or whatever so it's best to move on as quickly and quietly as possible once he moves.