Why does America FEEL Unfree and Oppressive despite its political freedoms?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Why does America FEEL Unfree and Oppressive despite its political freedoms?

Post by Winston »

I have a deep question. Why does America feel fundamentally unfree and oppressive for some reason, despite its alleged "political freedoms"? It's hard to explain what I mean. It's like there's this negative energy and vibe that's been directed at you, almost like it's attacking you and trying to turn you toxic and insane, and trying to bring out the worst in you. You can't relax and feel good about yourself for some reason.

Isn't it ironic that the alleged "Land of the Free" can feel so oppressive?

What's also ironic is that even though Americans try to act positive or feign it, the energy field in social areas feels very negative and oppressive, in ways that are hard to explain.

The reason I use the word "oppressive" is this:

I've noticed that school kids in America hate school and celebrate when there's no school. When summer starts, the kids sing "No more books. No more teachers dirty looks..." or something like that. Deep down, they hate it and treat it like it's some sort of prison that enslaves them.

But in other countries, even in Europe, kids appreciate school and see it in a more positive light than kids in America do. They do not have such a hatred for school. In the Philippines, kids are honored to go to school, as if it is a symbol of great pride to go there.

I guess in NE Asian countries, where school is long and strict, school can be oppressive too. But the kids don't treat it like a prison for some reason. They just conform and suffer silently.

What this must mean though, is that the kids in America must somehow find school OPPRESSIVE for them to hate it and see it as a prison. It must bind them and subdue them in some way to make them react like that.

Also, when you graduate from college and start working in a stressful demanding job where your performance is constantly evaluated, it feels oppressive as well.

So I conclude from this that American society in general feels oppressive for some reason. But I can't understand why. It's hard to put a finger on it.

Maybe it's because our egos are being attacked from too much competition, hostility and judgment. I don't know. But there is something about American society that doesn't allow you to relax, unless you are out in nature alone of course.

When you are surrounded by other people, there's this uptight negative energy that feels oppressive to the point where you can't really breathe or relax. Everything feels tense and stressful when you are around others, as if their psychic energy were attacking you for some reason. You know what I mean? It's hard to explain. But it can definitely make you paranoid or edgy.

It certainly doesn't feel that way when you're in Europe, Russia or the Philippines though. When you are there, it feels relaxed, as if no more psychic vampires are attacking you anymore. You don't feel as tense or stressful around other people for some reason. The energy isn't as negative and the aura of the environment feels soothing and relaxed in comparison to how it is in America.

When it comes to feelings and energies, words can't do it justice, but this is the best way I can describe it. Perhaps the word "oppressive" is subjective, but what I'm talking about is a general deep feeling.

Have any of you ever felt the same way?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Yes! And when I went over seas this feeling lifted off of me, even before I got there, just needed to get over the ocean. I noticed everyone on the plane calmed down and started becoming friendly, strangers talking to each other etc. And when I returned home, the same thing happened in reverse, about a few hundred miles from the edge of America, I started having that feeling again, and simultaneously many people on the plane started becoming irritable. It got stronger the closer we got. And when I got off the plane in Dallas, TX, I could see plainer than ever just how f***ed up American society is. I could actually even feel it myself, even with no people around. I wouldn't be surprised if this is "the abomination that makes desolate", talked about in Revelations. Whats making it happen? In large part its HAARP. But any type of frequency broadcast on the same wavelengths the brain works at will do it.

It sure was nice to be able to sleep so hard when I was East Europe! Just how, given I didn't know anyone there, was sleeping in some strangers bed, didn't know the language, etc, I should have been a wreck over there. But my body and mind worked better over there than I can ever remember in the USA. . .
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Winston, keep in mind that you never had to work or go to school in Russia, Europe or the Philippines. You were there as a tourist. You also did not have to be a poor man in those countries or stuck in some small paying job. Or dealt with local politics/school/work system.

I am sure moneyed tourists who come to the USA feel just as free when they rent cars and go to the Great Canyon, etc.

Also, I worked for British companies in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and these were hellish- I yearned to work for American ones- way more relaxed.

Oh, and try serving in the Russian army. See how you appreciate that.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

jtest28 wrote:Yes! And when I went over seas this feeling lifted off of me, even before I got there, just needed to get over the ocean. I noticed everyone on the plane calmed down and started becoming friendly, strangers talking to each other etc. And when I returned home, the same thing happened in reverse, about a few hundred miles from the edge of America, I started having that feeling again, and simultaneously many people on the plane started becoming irritable. It got stronger the closer we got. And when I got off the plane in Dallas, TX, I could see plainer than ever just how f***ed up American society is. I could actually even feel it myself, even with no people around. I wouldn't be surprised if this is "the abomination that makes desolate", talked about in Revelations. Whats making it happen? In large part its HAARP. But any type of frequency broadcast on the same wavelengths the brain works at will do it.

It sure was nice to be able to sleep so hard when I was East Europe! Just how, given I didn't know anyone there, was sleeping in some strangers bed, didn't know the language, etc, I should have been a wreck over there. But my body and mind worked better over there than I can ever remember in the USA. . .
I agree on all counts!^^ I was so free in Thailand it was a joke. I could have sex with a hot girl anytime I wanted, cheap healthy food all around me, and I had no pressure to fit in or "be somebody".
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on November 5th, 2013, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah Ladislav, but those are all institutions. We are talking about general people and general social vibe around general social environments. I'm sure you understand since you've felt the same way that we described above.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ladislav wrote:Winston, keep in mind that you never had to work or go to school in Russia, Europe or the Philippines. You were there as a tourist. You also did not have to be a poor man in those countries or stuck in some small paying job. Or dealt with local politics/school/work system.

I am sure moneyed tourists who come to the USA feel just as free when they rent cars and go to the Great Canyon, etc.

Also, I worked for British companies in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and these were hellish- I yearned to work for American ones- way more relaxed.

I agree with Ladislav on this one!: When I'm teaching in China, there's enormous pressure put on you by administrators and other teachers, that it starts to get on your nerves, at times! Asia is very much like the U.S. in terms of hostile work environments, and backstabbing co-workers.

That's the problem with not being self-employed: you have to deal with a lot of bullshit from other people. So, in the future, I'm looking to create a business where I can be my 'own boss' and not take crap from anyone but myself.
Outsider
Freshman Poster

Re: Why does America feel so oppressive? Isn't it ironic?

Post by Outsider »

Winston wrote:
Have any of you ever felt the same way?
I used to.

I used to care.

I used to look around and not like what I saw.

That is where the oppression came from. Caring. Focusing on the external and ignoring the internal.

Now I don't care, and the external can blow up for all I care. Everyone dies sometime, no exceptions. Prest-o Change-o, abracadabra! no more oppression.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:
ladislav wrote:Winston, keep in mind that you never had to work or go to school in Russia, Europe or the Philippines. You were there as a tourist. You also did not have to be a poor man in those countries or stuck in some small paying job. Or dealt with local politics/school/work system.

I agree with Ladislav on this one!: When I'm teaching in China, there's enormous pressure put on you by administrators and other teachers, that it starts to get on your nerves, at times! Asia is very much like the U.S. in terms of hostile work environments, and backstabbing co-workers.

That's the problem with not being self-employed: you have to deal with a lot of bullshit from other people. So, in the future, I'm looking to create a business where I can be my 'own boss' and not take crap from anyone but myself.
Yeah but that's institutional oppression. If you work for corporate America, you'd feel lots of oppression and pressure too. I'm talking about oppression in the SOCIAL VIBE and SOCIAL LIFE, and in the general social environment, especially if American women are around. Some type of psychic energy attacks you and tries to make you feel like shit. The cold paranoid vibe you feel around Americans is hard to even put into words. But I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Overall, it's very hard to feel good about yourself or feel relaxed in America for some reason. You know what I mean?

skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Winston wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

Yeah but that's institutional oppression. If you work for corporate America, you'd feel lots of oppression and pressure too. I'm talking about oppression in the SOCIAL VIBE and SOCIAL LIFE, and in the general social environment, especially if American women are around. Some type of psychic energy attacks you and tries to make you feel like shit. The cold paranoid vibe you feel around Americans is hard to even put into words. But I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Overall, it's very hard to feel good about yourself or feel relaxed in America for some reason. You know what I mean?
This is true.In America you just never feel good enough for some reason and the work environment is really hostile. I think that is the worst part about America...having to work in America.In Brazil the school i teach English at is not the best but in my classroom i`m in control and i don`t have to take shit from anyone.My students are pleasant for the most part.In America there were so many times i would get into shouting matches with people over minor incidents.An working with ghetto people in Philadelphia was the worst.Especially with Black Americans.I`m sorry but i can`t stand working with Black Americans especially Black American women.Black women are always trying to get a Black man fired especially if he does not kiss their asses are carry himself like a homo thug.I don`t know what it is about Black Americans that makes us attack each other so much.Especially on the job.In the U.S. i would rather work with Latinos.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you’re seeking employment with a large-ish company, it’s easy to look up employee reviews on sites like indeed and glassdoor. Read what employees, both past and current, say about the company before making your decision. Getting hired, is another story.

East-Asian run companies have a bad rap of running a sweatshop. Working for an American Fortune 500 company office is generally considered easier gig than working for Chinese, Korean, or Japanese companies. However in recent years we have CEO’s like Tony Hsieh who actually paid attention in school and read Nordstorm’s legendary 75 word employee handbook from the past:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordstrom# ... e_handbook

Tony Hsieh runs Zappos in Las Vegas and sells over 90,000 styles of shoes from 500 brands. His employees do not use call scripts and are not pressured to keep the call short (they hold the record for a 10 hour 29 min customer call). All employees received 100% company paid health insurance and free lunch daily. Most interesting of all, he offers all new hires $2,000 to quit if they don’t like the job:

http://about.zappos.com/it-true-zappos- ... -2000-quit

Yup, if you can get a job there and don’t like it, you can quit in 90 days and collect $2,000. Tony Hsieh only wants you to stay if you “fit inâ€￾ and is happy working there, providing happy customer service to happy customers. If you’re not happy, he will pay you $2,000 to quit your job.

Zappos currently has a long list of open positions in LV, if anyone there is interested:

http://about.zappos.com/jobs
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's crazy. How can Zappos afford to pay $2,000 to everyone who quits? What's the catch? Wouldn't a ton of people just join and then quit?

How can they afford to give free lunches to everyone and allow unlimited calling? Haven't they heard of scarcity?

In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

"Land of the Free' was a sales campaign. The U.S. was never designed to be free. It was a marketing ploy. The best slaves are those that think they're free.

< The only avatar from my computer I could get to upload..
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why does America FEEL Unfree and Oppressive despite its political freedoms?

Post by Winston »

Recently, I chatted with an Italian American girl from NY who is on our same wavelength and feels the same way we do about America. She made a good point when I asked her why America FEELS very unfree, despite it's reputation as being a free country with many political freedoms? She said that the reason is that America is very big on controlling your CONSCIOUSNESS and state of mind. So in America, your consciousness is what is being controlled the most, despite any political or legal freedoms. That really nails it and seems to be the crux of the issue, and why America does not FEEL free even though we are all told it is an icon of freedom. She also said America has always been this big experiment, like a testing lab, and Americans are just guinea pigs in some grand experiment.

So I guess that's the KEY to understanding why America does not feel free - because your soul and consciousness and mind are what's highly controlled in America, even if you have political or legal freedoms. That's a deeper level than what the average person can see or understand, hence it's never discussed publicly. Because after all, mind control is something that's hidden, not made public, so if you are mind controlled, you aren't supposed to know it and the controllers would never tell you of course. Hence it's a deception, one that very few people can see. It's a pity.