American dating...recovering from injury and heart break.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
magnum
Junior Poster

American dating...recovering from injury and heart break.

Post by magnum »

It's ...not...even...a joke, the 3 girls I attempted to message had a full inbox.... I would have better luck shooting my self and expecting to live through the experience then messaging a attractive woman on this site.

Whats even more sad is, I actually liked a lot of what some of these girls put in the profiles they wrote it isn't like these were rushed fake adds.

Unfortunately they probably found a boy friend already and don't check the site anymore, too bad...

Can't believe I've even fallen to this extent, but I'm eager to forget my ex, but Im not willing to date a ugly girl to do it, so that means I'm probably out of luck.

The loneliness here is horrible, I can't even be content just to improve my self, I can't afford college and I recently hurt my back a little, apparently it wasn't fully healed...so self improvement is even on hold, I'm getting.

Full circle I guess, went half way across the world, lived the dream for a month with a 19 year old girl that dumped me because of my education....my god....now I'm even worse off then before I have a injured back and a scarred heart, I have break downs sometimes when I see couples together, I ask my self why not me...It used to be because I was fat...now that I'm confadent and in shape I just don't know anymore.

Yes I know it's America.....but I'm stuck here for the next 4 years or more if I'm going to college...and I'm not willing to date women over the age of 25, I'm aiming at 19 to 23....but in America good luck, even out of country from the girls I've had chats with...they aren't as open to the age gap as you might think, that's made up, I think I just got lucky before.

Christ knows I'll try.

Now that my backs reinjured I'll have to limit my calories so I don't gain fat back...just in time for christmas too... I hope I don't fully reinur the damn thing because I refuse to stop working out, Ill just have to never do squats and dead lifts and do everything seated.

I have break downs every once in a while...it's painful realizing the happiness I've lost when my ex dumped me...ultimate victory to nothing....it burns deeper knowing I had exactly what I wanted, and it rejected me.

anyone have a dating site that's going to at least merit a chance of 0.01 ...cause ok cupid is 0% chance

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I feel your pain...I've been there before. I'll have to admit it was a long time ago, but I remember it well. I would have given anything, ANYTHING to have a girl that I adored. Deep down, I wasn't confident and my self-esteem was not where it needed to be. Despite everyone TELLING me I was extremely attractive, I couldn't have an attractive girlfriend to save my life. I would see attractive girls with unattractive guys all the time and I wondered why?!

The USA is a mind f**k when it comes to dating...everything seems completely backwards. I was sad and then I got angry. In that anger, I found determination to push myself to be better than ever before. I put on pounds of muscle, I placed myself into positions of employment with dating advantage. I put my neck out there more in order to figure out the female mind. I went through several years of one night stands as that gave me power over them...at least temporarily. I learned several things in that period of time. I learned that having sex with many women didn't make me happy. I learned that women are insecure and do not really know what they want. However, it gave me something that I didn't have before. I now cannot put women on a pedestal as I know them too well. I will not make stupid decisions in order to make them happy at my expense.

I now have a gf that has been with me for several years. Sometimes I wonder why she has stayed with me. Life has been a serious bitch over the past few years with getting screwed over in business, health problems, financial problems...you name it. I have to start over now, but I am much older than you are. I have at least as much time as you do to finally leave this country to LIVE abroad. Hopefully the gf will stay with me. It will be heartbreaking and very hard if she leaves me in this current difficult period of my life. Things are not going to get easy anytime soon. If she sticks with me, then I will take her with me and feel confident that she is the one. If she can stick with me during the hardest times, then she deserves to be with me during the better times. If she leaves me, then I will be in your shoes...but older and more out of the loop as far as the dating scene goes.

Point is, you are not alone with your frustrations. Don't despair as everything is temporary. Let you mind take control over your heart. Better yourself and prepare for that future. You are still young, but you are wise to be thinking the way you are now. The important thing is to get control of your emotions...at least so that you can push forward in order to meet your goals.

I injured my knee a few days ago and can't sit without my knee propped up on something (it hurts when bent). I limp badly when I walk. I was hitting the gym hard before this happened and now I can't workout my legs, go on hikes...nothing. All I (and you) can do about things like this is give it a rest and do what we can to recover. Don't push it as you will just make things worse. Have you had your back checked out? I am going to set an appointment with an Ortho Doc next week...hopefully it's something I can recover from. I recommend you get yours checked out as well. Just make sure you find a good one....do your research.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I unfortunately can't, no insurance and I'm already in debt for being sick a while back.... no income at the moment.

Thanks for the post though, it helps knowing I'm not just mentally insane.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Dude, we all have our down periods sometimes in our life. It'll get better, trust me. ...