I graduated from massage therapy school!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

I graduated from massage therapy school!

Post by Temprano26 »

Hey everyone.

This past December 19th was the last day of class in massage therapy. I am finished with classes but I still have clinic hours and I have to take the test required to get my license. Now I have almost completed the goal I set out a year ago. Throughout this journey I established a strong community of caring, giving human beings that derive a strong spiritual fulfillment from helping others. I woke up at 5 AM each morning to take two trains to Dallas because I had such strong connections in my class. Human touch really brings people together stronger than anything technology can produce.

The harsh truth though is that now that I am not going to class anymore, I remember why I chose to go to massage school in the first place - because America has no such sense of community. It is a lousy business full of individuals and no relationships. Massage class is a whole other country than the one I am living in now. It might as well be Costa Rica. I was realizing yesterday when I went to a movie at the mall that the mall despite so many acres of stores never has anything that I really need. I needed human touch and female companionship more than I will ever need a twelve dollar coffee mug.

My bitterness towards America's lonely business culture is just why I started this career so that I could find better places.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: I graduated from massage therapy school!

Post by Dragon »

Temprano26 wrote:Hey everyone.

This past December 19th was the last day of class in massage therapy. I am finished with classes but I still have clinic hours and I have to take the test required to get my license. Now I have almost completed the goal I set out a year ago. Throughout this journey I established a strong community of caring, giving human beings that derive a strong spiritual fulfillment from helping others. I woke up at 5 AM each morning to take two trains to Dallas because I had such strong connections in my class. Human touch really brings people together stronger than anything technology can produce.

The harsh truth though is that now that I am not going to class anymore, I remember why I chose to go to massage school in the first place - because America has no such sense of community. It is a lousy business full of individuals and no relationships. Massage class is a whole other country than the one I am living in now. It might as well be Costa Rica. I was realizing yesterday when I went to a movie at the mall that the mall despite so many acres of stores never has anything that I really need. I needed human touch and female companionship more than I will ever need a twelve dollar coffee mug.

My bitterness towards America's lonely business culture is just why I started this career so that I could find better places.
Good job, you set up a goal and accomplished it. That's a very good thing for a man to do. However, I question your choice of career path. From what understand, things like massage therapy isn't very lucrative for men, regardless of the country you are in. Unless you are extremely handsome/fit and have wealthy/middle-class women lining up to get touched by you, I don't see how it will work out. I could be wrong though. Another possibility is to leverage what you have into a successful massage business. That means you are the owner and you have all female employees. However, keep in mind that most massage businesses outside of wealthier areas aren't really successful, unless you incorporate the "Happy Ending" portion into your business. The massage business is one that's often in a grey area of shadiness. Good luck though.