I avoid being around other Christians because...

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mfpinwa
Freshman Poster

Post by mfpinwa »

My observation is that most people go to church for the social aspect, that is to get out of the house on Sunday and meet other people including women.
That and there's the cultural aspect where people enjoy the holidays.
And I would agree that some of the most unethical people go to church on a regular basis to fool others and themselves into thinking tthey are ethical.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

SilverEnergy wrote:^^^
Yes sir, the Bible gives the description of Jesus' skin color.

His skin is the color of burnished bronze.
So I guess brazen skin would tend to indicate He was a white, tanned surfer dude. However, you seem to be quoting the Book of Revelation, where some raving mystic was describing a spectral vision of Jesus long after His death, who also had eyes burning like fire, a face shining like the sun, hair white like wool and a double edged sword coming out his mouth. I'm not sure any ethnicity can be reliably attributed from such a source.
KeepinItForeign
Freshman Poster

Post by KeepinItForeign »

SilverEnergy wrote:
KeepinItForeign wrote:She is also stupid for kissing the Zionist states a**.That's a classic example for western brainwashing.The real Israelites or Jews are not in the land of Israel right now.They are scattered in the four corners of the earth,and will not be back to the land of Israel until the messiah comes back and gathers them.Also the real jews are not white,the negros and native americans make up the 12 tribes of Israel.Do the research,even christopher columbus knew this.
Some of the people in Israel are real jews but only a portion.

Since the Jewish bloodline runs through all the races, there are real white jews, there are some asian and latino jews as well.

But it's true, a large number of jews are dark skinned people of african descent.
Yeah,that is true also.There is white people who are Israelites by blood.After hundreds and hundreds of years of mixing.But most likely they are not living in Israel now,only a few are like you said.
If you go platinum, its got nothing to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as f**k.-Immortal Technique
KeepinItForeign
Freshman Poster

zboy1 wrote:
KeepinItForeign wrote:She is also stupid for kissing the Zionist states a**.That's a classic example for western brainwashing.The real Israelites or Jews are not in the land of Israel right now.They are scattered in the four corners of the earth,and will not be back to the land of Israel until the messiah comes back and gathers them.Also the real jews are not white,the negros and native americans make up the 12 tribes of Israel.Do the research,even christopher columbus knew this.
Well, of course, Jesus was a 'dark skinned-man' and not blond hair and blue-eyed, like what most White-worshiping Asian females believe. ...

Also, the Jews currently in Israel are dominated by Ashkenazim Jews--who aren't even a Semitic people--they're a mixture of Asian, Turkic and Eastern European heritage, LOL!
lol that white image of Jesus is just a potrait of Cesar Borgia,who leonardo davinci painted during the rennaissence.Funnny how in reality they are worshipping a guy who was a murderer,liar,theif and who committed incest with his sister.
If you go platinum, its got nothing to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as f**k.-Immortal Technique
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Cornfed wrote:

So I guess brazen skin would tend to indicate He was a white, tanned surfer dude. However, you seem to be quoting the Book of Revelation, where some raving mystic was describing a spectral vision of Jesus long after His death, who also had eyes burning like fire, a face shining like the sun, hair white like wool and a double edged sword coming out his mouth. I'm not sure any ethnicity can be reliably attributed from such a source.
I know that you don't like jews very much and that you are not very much into the Bible.

I personally believe 100 percent in God, his son Jesus and the Bible, regardless of the fact that many of you say it's a work of fiction.

And I'll believe it with my full heart and soul for the rest of my life and I'm not ashamed of my faith.

The original jews were not white, they were light brown to a very dark color and had much African and Semite ancestry.

The original Hebrews come from Shem, who was light brown, NOT WHITE. They mixed in with some of Ham's descendants who were dark skinned Africans, producing afro-asians of different skin colors.

But since then, the jewish bloodline runs through all the races because of centuries of mixing.

I don't think so. Burnished bronze is VERY dark in color.

As dark as burnished bronze is, you're saying that indicates Jesus was a tanned white dude???

Come on Cornfed, you know better than that.

You're saying the same thing that white people say who say that Jesus was white.

Just stop it dude, stop it already.

Many whites already agree that Jesus was a NON-WHITE person of a very dark color.

Jesus wasn't white, that's for sure.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

magnum wrote:zboy1.....You've just explained my existence.

Only I find my self talking poorly about christians everyday, I believe Hindus and Muslims are far more dedicated to what they believe though it false, I think it's insanity that such people get targeted often by Christians when in American no Christian even makes a half effort to act correctly.

With that said, I talk poorly about fat people in the church all the time, I'm sick of Christians picking what "sin" is worse and ignoring a commonly shared one amongst 90% of church frequenters ....gluttony, I don't respect fat people, and think they should be "church" leaders even less.

I'm not liberal and I don't support homosexuality or any other sin, but it makes me laugh when Christians f**k out of wed lock and then bitch about homosexuality.

Talk about drugs and drunkenness, yet the entire church is hooked on fast food are fat and hooked to electronic entertainment.

Oh and my favorite...."we need your offering even if you really struggling, if you can't afford to give, perhaps you can work it in to your budget" what are we the catholic church now, what a joke.
Haha that is too true. God said that all sexual sin is worse. He never said homosexuality was worse or any of that. Yet women just pass out of wedlock pregnancies like it is nothing. Not that you should stone them, but I find it hypocritical. And I find gluttony kinda funny in a way.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

It might be worth noting that gluttony or any of the other seven deadly sins are nowhere mentioned in the bible. They come from catholic catechisms.

Personally, I think that Christianity today, in all its thousands of forms, has very little to do with the 2000 year old movement from which it sprang.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

zacb wrote:

Only I find my self talking poorly about christians everyday, I believe Hindus and Muslims are far more dedicated to what they believe though it false, I think it's insanity that such people get targeted often by Christians when in American no Christian even makes a half effort to act correctly.

With that said, I talk poorly about fat people in the church all the time, I'm sick of Christians picking what "sin" is worse and ignoring a commonly shared one amongst 90% of church frequenters ....gluttony, I don't respect fat people, and think they should be "church" leaders even less.

I'm not liberal and I don't support homosexuality or any other sin, but it makes me laugh when Christians f**k out of wed lock and then bitch about homosexuality.

Talk about drugs and drunkenness, yet the entire church is hooked on fast food are fat and hooked to electronic entertainment.

Oh and my favorite...."we need your offering even if you really struggling, if you can't afford to give, perhaps you can work it in to your budget" what are we the catholic church now, what a joke.
Haha that is too true. God said that all sexual sin is worse. He never said homosexuality was worse or any of that. Yet women just pass out of wedlock pregnancies like it is nothing. Not that you should stone them, but I find it hypocritical. And I find gluttony kinda funny in a way.
Yes he did, in the Bible God said that only one sin was an abomination.................homosexuality.
KeepinItForeign
Freshman Poster

zacb wrote:

You clearly have not read the bible.

"If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."-1 John 5:16-17.

what is sin unto death?

"If a man also lie with mankind, as hee lyeth with a woman, both of them haue committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shalbe vpon them."-Leviticus 20:13

God makes a distinction,there IS DIFFERENT DEGREES OF SIN,and that homosexuality is a sin unto death,along with adultery.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I agree to a extent.

If a guy sleeps with his girl friend, and a guy sleeps with his boy friend, I find both to be sexual sin, if a guy rapes a inmate or the man rapes his girl friend both are of a higher degree of sin.

murder and so on.

My point was Christian morons will guzzle down the "love" of jesus everyday while singing songs, then go f**k around or cheat, get drunk on the weekends, come back to church and point the finger at homosexuality.

both are wrong, and homosexuality is a worse sin, as it isn't even natural, however, I'm sick of the weak pointing the finger while doing nothing to improve their own morality through Christ.

For the record I could care less about homosexuals, it isn't that I'm defending them, in fact burn them if you will, but don't forget the rest of the people who need burning too.

the distinction is less about how the bible defines it and more about how people cherry pick sins that are ok and others that are taboo, because modern day American Christians are feel good star bucks junkies who have no soul but want to feel holy about it.

I don't pretend to have a perfect knowledge of the bible, but I maintain a desire to fallow the rules of god and be a morel man, I'm far from perfect, I want to help people but I don't just act like everything is ok when people do horrible things.

So, you wont find much disagreement from me.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

KeepinItForeign wrote:
zacb wrote:

You clearly have not read the bible.

"If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death."-1 John 5:16-17.

what is sin unto death?

"If a man also lie with mankind, as hee lyeth with a woman, both of them haue committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shalbe vpon them."-Leviticus 20:13

God makes a distinction,there IS DIFFERENT DEGREES OF SIN,and that homosexuality is a sin unto death,along with adultery.
I have been taught that the only sins that are any worse are those that are taken into the body. Outside that, there is no delimiter. If you have broken one law, you have broken them all, but through grace, we are saved. My point was only about sin taken into the body. That is the only thing that God ever said is worse, which I agree. But what I was saying is that among sexual sin, adultery, fornification, and homosexuality are all on the same level before God. Why they give some sexual sin a pass in the church, IDK.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

More or less, I agree.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

SilverEnergy wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

I know that you don't like jews very much and that you are not very much into the Bible.

I personally believe 100 percent in God, his son Jesus and the Bible, regardless of the fact that many of you say it's a work of fiction.

And I'll believe it with my full heart and soul for the rest of my life and I'm not ashamed of my faith.

The original jews were not white, they were light brown to a very dark color and had much African and Semite ancestry.

The original Hebrews come from Shem, who was light brown, NOT WHITE. They mixed in with some of Ham's descendants who were dark skinned Africans, producing afro-asians of different skin colors.

But since then, the jewish bloodline runs through all the races because of centuries of mixing.

As dark as burnished bronze is, you're saying that indicates Jesus was a tanned white dude???

You're saying the same thing that white people say who say that Jesus was white.

My point was not that the passage proves that Jesus was white. My point was that it does not prove or say anything about His ethnicity, and nor does the rest of the New Testament. That should be obvious. You would have to get over this nonsense and look to non-Biblical sources to know the ethnicity of Jesus. But you don't want to do that. You just want to delusionally aggrandize black people. Can't you just get on with your life based on your own merits?
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I've been a Christian for about a year, deviating from my nasty and abusive family's Chinese Buddhism. Although I still have a long way to go and I am by no means good enough, I still try my best and I've already seen God's work being done in my life.

I do admit I have a daily struggle with lust. The temptation to fornicate is pretty high for me at times. However the power of the Holy Spirit has helped me slowly conquer my desires over time. I also admit that I can often lack peace and patience (longsuffering) when dealing with people and things. I don't always forgive easily and can go to the extreme (whether in action or thought) when provoked.

The biggest problem with modern day Christianity is that it has strayed away from the heart of the gospel, twisting Scripture and using legalism as the means of salvation. This is seen in both Western and Asian churches, as both cultures are essentially legalistic and conformist. The Christians I've met in China (mainly females) start putting on a harsh, judgmental look once I tell them I'm a new Christian that doesn't attend church. They tell me:

1. "You must go to church or else you will not be able to enter Heaven!"

2. "You must not listen to this music, watch that show....."

3. "You must read the Bible in this way, or else....."

4. "You must be baptized in water or go to Hell!"

5."You must respect your family, even if they are abusive towards you. The Bible says honor thy father and mother....."

Here is how I refute each of these legalistic doctrines:

1. What's the church? US believers are the church! Not some building where a preacher just stands up there talking for hours complete with a choir rocking back and forth. Go read the Book of Acts. The early church was a congregation that could gather anywhere.

2. Yes there are certain songs and shows I believe to be against God, but I try my best not to be affected by them. If I do, I pray and ask for forgiveness. My values are my Spirit-given moral compass is strong enough.

3. And WHERE in the Bible does it say I must start on a certain page?

4. Baptism in the Bible is used both literally and symbolically. Literally it does refer to water baptism, but the symbolic meaning in the New Testament means that its a spiritual thing signifying the beginning of a new identity. If anything other than faith was required for salvation, the Bible would be contradicting itself.

5. You cannot take one verse and use it to justify a position. Islamic extremists do this and look at what happens. You must read the Bible as a whole. Yes we should honor and respect our parents, but they must also meet several requirements before they deserve to be honored. Proverbs says that a father should not provoke his son to anger, which is precisely what many parents do to constantly control and harass. The rod is a symbol for discipline, not necessarily to justify physically hitting your son or daughter. ("He who spares the rod hates his son", "spares the rod"=failure to provide proper instruction and upbringing)

Many Christians are Christians in name only, due to culture and family. In the end, it depends on your PERSONAL relationship with God and you PERSONAL decision to accept or reject salvation.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Cornfed wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

My point was not that the passage proves that Jesus was white. My point was that it does not prove or say anything about His ethnicity, and nor does the rest of the New Testament. That should be obvious. You would have to get over this nonsense and look to non-Biblical sources to know the ethnicity of Jesus. But you don't want to do that. You just want to delusionally aggrandize black people. Can't you just get on with your life based on your own merits?
As a descendant of the biblical hebrews/jews and a follower of God and Jesus, let me say that I believe 100 percent in the Bible that comes from my God....Yahweh.

What are you talking about, I mentioned other reasons outside of the bible as to the skin color of Jesus???

I GATE YOU OTHER SOURCES. NOAH HAD 3 SONS, SHEM, HAM AND JAPHETH. JAPHETH IS THE FATHER OF WHITE PEOPLE. SHEM IS THE FATHER OF THE HEBREWS AND SEMETIC PEOPLES AND HAM WAS THE FATHER OF BLACK SKINNED AFRICANS.

Blacks are great people, for they started civilization, if anything, blacks don't get enough credit.

And if I want to put blacks on a pedestal, I don't need your permission.

You can't accept the fact that there was a great African presence in the Bible.

Most of the people mentioned in the Bible were brown or dark skinned.

Moses was an African/Semetic man and so was King Solomon.

I gave other sources based on the history of the descendants of Ham and Shem.

Jesus was at least brown to a very dark color, for he had Canaanite and Jewish blood inside of him.

The original Jews were a black/brown people, deal with it.

I don't know why you are picking at my post, when a couple of others said the same thing.

And no, the Bible does not prove that Jesus was white. Woolly hair??? White people don't have woolly hair unless they hair a good portion of African blood in them. There is NO white person that has EVER lived that has had the skin color of burnished bronze.

The skin of someone that has the color of burnished bronze, is someone with SIGNIFICANT AFRICAN BLOOD in their veins.

We can go all day Cornfed....I'm ready for you.

Who mock God's chosen people the Jews/Israelites.

Jesus was a dark skinned man of semetic and African ancestry.

There is nothing white about the original Jews/Israelites, although you have a few real white jews in the world today.

Everytime you talk, I will respond.

I believe 100 percent in the Bible. I fully believe in my savior Y'shua and my only God and father Yahweh.

For it is they who give me salvation and assurance.....not you Cornfed.
Last edited by SilverEnergy on February 9th, 2014, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.