Why does NO ONE else advocate leaving America except us?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Winston wrote:Question:

How come Martin Luther King or Malcolm X didn't tell black people in America to get out of the country and go abroad rather than fight for civil rights in America? Didn't they know that in Europe, black people are happier and treated better? Even during the American Revolution, the British treated black slaves better than the Americans did.

Again, everyone seems to assume the following:

- All problems in America must be solved within America, never without.
- America represents the world, therefore everything in America is the same everywhere else.

These assumptions are obviously false and easy to debunk. But everyone assumes it like some kind of religion. It's really weird. Why is everyone so ignorant?
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?opt ... mival=1223

As Johnny of Expat Wisdom and the Expat Files recently said. The loudest form of protest in a capitalist country like the US is to vote with your feet.

I highly recommend you watch all of the Gerald Horne videos. But basically the NAACP shifted gears around the McCarthy Red Scare since Blacks had aligned themselves with the Union movements of the 1930-1950, who were also attached to the National Communist party that existed in America.

The part I didn't know before listening to Horne is the relationship between the NAACP and the Unionized Labor.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

droid wrote:
Repatriate wrote:America's tax system is basically one big ponzi scheme. It's really not in America's best interests for its citizens to live abroad. If a substantial percent did this then the system would literally collapse. You already see them panicking because billionaires and corporations are domiciling elsewhere. With the addition of normal citizens doing this it will turn things to shit really quick.
I'm surprised the $90K exemption still exists, I don't think it will last much longer though.
And how many of you who do advocate leaving America have renounced your American citizenship and permanently moved abroad? I have a lot of respect for anyone who is willing to put their money where their mouth is and do just that.
The American concept in itself is about looking for the most freedom for oneself, so trying to 'call out' people in this respect is kind of contradictory. Some folks still can't differentiate between America, and the American Guvment.
The exemption has been increased actually - http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Internat ... -Exclusion

Its $97,600 and more than 330 days out which has also increased from 300, so an extra month.

Why do they do it? Because some major donors to the parties live overseas full time...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why does NO ONE else advocate leaving America except us?

Post by Jester »

Novem wrote:
....There is one story I like about the dog that is laying on a nail and is in obvious pain. When someone asks why the dog doesn't get up if it is suffering the answer is because the dog is 'comfortable'. America has given its people enough silly distractions and pursuits devoid of merit that they are still 'comfortable' enough to be brainwashed and never dream of life outside the country. Most people can't even fathom the idea of living abroad outside a work context.
Devil Dog wrote:
Winston wrote:
WHY IS LEAVING AMERICA NEVER A SOLUTION... that is proposed or considered by anyone else other than us?

Why is it that NO ONE else ever suggests the idea of getting out of America, as a SOLUTION to all its toxic problems?

NO ONE in the conspiracy movement, counter-culture movement, alternative research movement, or New Age movement ever even entertains the idea of leaving America as a solution! Why?! Me and my folks at HappierAbroad.com are the ONLY ones advocating it.

It's as if the possibility of such a solution is NONEXISTENT. No one even entertains it as an idea or possibility. Why?! It's as if everyone assumes that everyone in America MUST STAY in the country, no matter how bad things get and no matter how shitty everything is. The general population assumes this too. Why?!
Winston, are you shitting me? You would have much more credibility if you would ease up on the hyperbole.

Google Simon Black, International Living, or Live and Invest Overseas. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.
Yeah, there are definitely other voices in favor of leaving America. Simon Black was the main person I was thinking of but you named some other sources I plan to check out.

There’s no one-size-fits-all solution, but your slice is out there somewhere.

At a minimum, apply for a passport and travel a bit. You’ll find that the rest of the world actually does have running water and doesn’t look like a Feed the Children commercial.

Find a place that you would be happy spending more time, and even better, obtain residency there.

You won’t be worse off for doing this. But if things ever get so bad that you decide it’s time to get out of Dodge, you’ll already know exactly where to go.

Until tomorrow,
Signature
Simon Black
Founder, SovereignMan.com
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Jester wrote: There’s no one-size-fits-all solution, but your slice is out there somewhere.

At a minimum, apply for a passport and travel a bit. You’ll find that the rest of the world actually does have running water and doesn’t look like a Feed the Children commercial.

Find a place that you would be happy spending more time, and even better, obtain residency there.

You won’t be worse off for doing this. But if things ever get so bad that you decide it’s time to get out of Dodge, you’ll already know exactly where to go.

Until tomorrow,
Signature
Simon Black
Founder, SovereignMan.com
Simon Black and his network of associates have a wealth of detailed information to help you if you want to really leave the U.S. From setting up bank accounts, getting 2nd or 3rd passports, buying land, establishing residency, buying and storing gold, etc. It's well worth the investment if you are really serious about leaving your home country. I have a lifetime membership and the ROI for me was worthwhile. But it may not be for everyone and it is a bit pricey. They have a free newsletter that you can subscribe to so if it piques your interest, there's no harm in trying it out.

To sign up, go to their web site: http://www.sovereignman.com/ and click on the Send Me Free Updates button lower down on their home page. All you have to enter is an email address and you'll receive regular updates and information on becoming an ex-pat.

And no, I don't work for them :-)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Neither do I, but I do read their newsltter, and I'm glad to give them a "bump".
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hello Winston and my fellow H.A. members!!! I would encourage all of you to PLEASE check out the following sites and internet post on this very topic or closely related to it:

By: Yahoo News (http://www.yahoo.com/health/the-10-happiest-countries)
Title: "THE 10 HAPPIEST COUNTRIES ON EARTH"

The 10 happiest countries were found mostly in Europe:
1.) Switzerland
2.) Iceland
3.) Denmark
4.) Norway
5.) Canada
6.) Finland
7.) The Netherlands
8.) Sweden
9.) New Zealand
10.) Australia

"AMERICA: THE GRIM TRUTH" (https://americathegrimtruth.wordpress.com/2010)

"ESCAPE THE USA IN ORDER TO SURVIVE" (https://escapetheusanow.com)
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

IraqVet2003 wrote:Hello Winston and my fellow H.A. members!!! I would encourage all of you to PLEASE check out the following sites and internet post on this very topic or closely related to it:

By: Yahoo News (http://www.yahoo.com/health/the-10-happiest-countries)
Title: "THE 10 HAPPIEST COUNTRIES ON EARTH"

1.) Switzerland
2.) Iceland
3.) Denmark
4.) Norway
5.) Canada
6.) Finland
7.) The Netherlands
8.) Sweden
9.) New Zealand
10.) Australia

"AMERICA: THE GRIM TRUTH" (https://americathegrimtruth.wordpress.com/2010)

"ESCAPE THE USA IN ORDER TO SURVIVE" (https://escapetheusanow.com)
I believe all of them are dealing with the same money changers who run everything except possibly Iceland ?

Look the folks who put America together left us some documents and I believe they are the finest documents ever for a civilization that is coherent to be able to build a good lasting foundation. .

I cannot help it if the masses cannot figure out what they mean and how to use them.
Time to Hide!
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

IraqVet2003 wrote:
1.) Switzerland
2.) Iceland
3.) Denmark
4.) Norway
5.) Canada
6.) Finland
7.) The Netherlands
8.) Sweden
9.) New Zealand
10.) Australia
This is a horrible list created by someone from Europe who loves expensive countries with entitled women. If you want the same life you have in the USA go to any of these! :twisted:

There is a different list of mainly Latin countries that are the happiest countries in the world. These are countries that family and socializing are the most important.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

These happiness lists are bs, wtf, how you measure level of happiness?

Sweden, danmark, australia? Most depressing countries

Only american can come up with such a shitty list
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

WorldTraveler wrote:
IraqVet2003 wrote:
1.) Switzerland
2.) Iceland
3.) Denmark
4.) Norway
5.) Canada
6.) Finland
7.) The Netherlands
8.) Sweden
9.) New Zealand
10.) Australia
This is a horrible list created by someone from Europe who loves expensive countries with entitled women. If you want the same life you have in the USA go to any of these! :twisted:

There is a different list of mainly Latin countries that are the happiest countries in the world. These are countries that family and socializing are the most important.

It would be interesting if someone created a formula for the average members on this board to compile a list of general countries where we will be happy based on qualifying criteria: employment opportunities, women, weather, food, lifestyle and culture.

There is no one size fits all glove or shoe, but we are heading in the right direction.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

smallcheese wrote:setting up bank accounts, buying land, buying and storing gold, etc... and it is a bit pricey
It's easy enough for these guys like Simon Black, Harry Browne, etc to give advice about international living. They are rich already, they are into "investing" which can be done from almost anywhere. If you look closely at these type guys, you will see that the more money you already have the more their advice will apply to you. And the less you have the less it will apply. Moving overseas isn't rocket science if you already have a lot of money. But where is their advice for the overwhelming majority of folks who have nothing? Where is their advice for ordinary people whose skills and knowledge don't transfer elsewhere? Like plumbers, carpenters, electricians and similar careers. No, their "advice" seems mostly geared toward those who already have lots of money, particularly the so called investor class. And frankly, those people are the people who need help the least. I have no problem with providing advice to the well off, as long as they don't pretend as if it's for everyone. Because it isn't, it's mostly for a select few.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Ghost wrote:
Mr Natural wrote:
smallcheese wrote:setting up bank accounts, buying land, buying and storing gold, etc... and it is a bit pricey
It's easy enough for these guys like Simon Black, Harry Browne, etc to give advice about international living. They are rich already, they are into "investing" which can be done from almost anywhere. If you look closely at these type guys, you will see that the more money you already have the more their advice will apply to you. And the less you have the less it will apply. Moving overseas isn't rocket science if you already have a lot of money. But where is their advice for the overwhelming majority of folks who have nothing? Where is their advice for ordinary people whose skills and knowledge don't transfer elsewhere? Like plumbers, carpenters, electricians and similar careers. No, their "advice" seems mostly geared toward those who already have lots of money, particularly the so called investor class. And frankly, those people are the people who need help the least. I have no problem with providing advice to the well off, as long as they don't pretend as if it's for everyone. Because it isn't, it's mostly for a select few.
Exactly. While Simon Black does write articles with good points about how things really are, his advice is only useful for guys who are already rich. Or at least those who have lots of excess income. I'm sure it's all well and good advice, but they need it the least. For 99% of guys out there, it's not useful. He also can be a little too excited about "safe" places abroad, as if the ongoing collapse of globalization isn't a planet-wide shitstorm.
+1

Both of you are absolutely right!

But I found subscribing to their newsletter valuable because they point out things that most people have never even thought of. If you're still on the fence about whether or not you want to go abroad, the information they provide might help. And it's free. Every little bit of knowledge helps, I think.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

smallcheese wrote: the information they provide might help. And it's free.
But you said previously that it was pricey, now it's free? It's not that some things can't be learned there, I just think the average guy would get more from time (and money) spent elsewhere. My problem with guys like this is, essentially, he does something very easy for him (going international) and then professes himself to be an expert whose advice is worth others paying for. But I guess he isn't the first rich guy to think his life is really rough.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mr Natural wrote:
smallcheese wrote: the information they provide might help. And it's free.
But you said previously that it was pricey, now it's free? It's not that some things can't be learned there, I just think the average guy would get more from time (and money) spent elsewhere. My problem with guys like this is, essentially, he does something very easy for him (going international) and then professes himself to be an expert whose advice is worth others paying for. But I guess he isn't the first rich guy to think his life is really rough.
Yeah, the easier people have it, the more of an expert they think they are, when really the opposite is the case. I wonder whether those of us who have had to learn the hard way would get any money for sharing our hard-won advice. Probably not, I would think. People want to hear about the equivalent of 3 minute abs and such. They don't want to know about how hard it is and what might or might not work, or at least they are not willing to pay for that.