When did America stop being a great country?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

MrPeabody wrote:The change was dramatic starting in 1963 with the assassination of JFK and accelerated when the Beatles arrived in America in 1964. The Vietnam war gave the cultural Marxists the opportunity they needed to infiltrate the system and Johnson dramatically expanded the welfare state. Now the leftist democrats have the majority of American dependent on government, their power is secure, at least until the crash. The politicians today are pygmies compared to the leaders even 50 years ago and it is getting worse. They are so completely hideous that I can't stand listening to any of them for even a minute. The media has degenerated to nothing more than a propaganda arm of the government. News use to be serious with anchors like Walter Cronkite who always acted in a way to inspire trust. Now, cable news programs don't even pretend to be presenting objective news and talking heads scream at each other to keep the dimwits interested. The culture is complete garbage. Miley Cyrus with her tongue sticking out is the new Statue of Liberty.
Exactly. And I'm glad to see someone agreeing with me that the U.S. decline began in the 1960s with exactly those elements you stated as being the catalyst. I'd also add that a Marxist-backed antiwar movement, combined with people like Timothy Leary, Andy Warhol and others advocating anti-law & order and anti-establishment destroyed the American society.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Temprano26 wrote:So Halwick, doesn't Denmark have a better social safety net and free education and healthcare?
Is that your definition of what makes a "great country?"

So, by your definition, a "great country" is one where the government provides 100% social services for everyone.
Do you realize that when the government provides anything, they also control and limits freedom of choice?
But all you HA's hate controls and limitations on freedom. You also hate government.

You're contradicting yourself

By the way, how old are you? It's obvious from your ignorance you must be in your 20s or 30s and can't envision or acknowledge anything prior to the 1980s or 1990s.

And If you are living in the U.S and hate it so much, why aren't YOU living abroad?
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster

Post by Bitch_Slapper »

Halwick wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:The change was dramatic starting in 1963 with the assassination of JFK and accelerated when the Beatles arrived in America in 1964. The Vietnam war gave the cultural Marxists the opportunity they needed to infiltrate the system and Johnson dramatically expanded the welfare state. Now the leftist democrats have the majority of American dependent on government, their power is secure, at least until the crash. The politicians today are pygmies compared to the leaders even 50 years ago and it is getting worse. They are so completely hideous that I can't stand listening to any of them for even a minute. The media has degenerated to nothing more than a propaganda arm of the government. News use to be serious with anchors like Walter Cronkite who always acted in a way to inspire trust. Now, cable news programs don't even pretend to be presenting objective news and talking heads scream at each other to keep the dimwits interested. The culture is complete garbage. Miley Cyrus with her tongue sticking out is the new Statue of Liberty.
Exactly. And I'm glad to see someone agreeing with me that the U.S. decline began in the 1960s with exactly those elements you stated as being the catalyst. I'd also add that a Marxist-backed antiwar movement, combined with people like Timothy Leary, Andy Warhol and others advocating anti-law & order and anti-establishment destroyed the American society.
I would agree that the 1960s were the beginning of the end of the United States as we know it. JFK's death effectively silenced conservative opposition to the welfare state, and all the other liberal reforms (i.e., government tyranny) passed under LBJ. I have actually heard speculation that JFK may have been killed for that very reason. Just about everything about that time that is celebrated or romanticized ultimately proved to be the country's undoing.

edit: I don't think the Beatles were a good influence on America or the West, either. They came here wearing suits and ties, looking clean cut, and look how they ended up just a few short years later.
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

It's been downhill since landing on the moon imo. The conservatives shunning science because of the culture war and the resulting corporate takeover was the trigger imo.
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The 60th anniversary of a major milestone in American decline recently passed. The case of Brown vs. the Board of Education unleashed feral blacks into previously all human schools.
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster

Post by Bitch_Slapper »

The tragic irony is that public schools and what-not probably would have integrated anyway at about the same pace, without B.v.B. and all the the other civil rights legislation of the 1960s. When government steps in and forces different groups to mix via legislation or court ruling, it almost never comes to a good end.

I think deep down, everyone knows that the 1960s were an utter failure, a disaster that led to where we are now. That was the decade when progressivism was at its peak in America. And since progressivism requires government tyranny, our current troubles were inevitable. I don't think anyone here -- even blacks -- can honestly say that that time did them any favors in any meaningful sense. They wouldn't be here, talking about getting the f**k out of the USA otherwise.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Peak America was 1950, it never improved after that year high paying jobs were plentiful, land and food was very cheap. The US economy started to show cracks after 1971 when the US dollar was taken off the gold standard and has continued to go down most notably after 9/11 which is when the price of gold took off. The US birth rate is at an all time low this is common in countries with serious moral, economic and cultural decline(Roman Empire).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Taco wrote:Peak America was 1950, it never improved after that year high paying jobs were plentiful, land and food was very cheap.
With the benefit of hindsight, the 1950s will go down as America’s darkest hour, when people were bribed into abandoning their family, clan and ethnic loyalties in order to take part in the death cult of modernity and become wholly dependant on the state system. This paved the way for all the subsequent evils they suffered.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Bitch_Slapper wrote:The tragic irony is that public schools and what-not probably would have integrated anyway at about the same pace, without B.v.B. and all the the other civil rights legislation of the 1960s.
Say what? What kind of sick monster would voluntarily send his kids to school with blacks? Who wants to live around blacks? Certainly not the upper middle class white libtards claiming to support intergration.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
Taco wrote:Peak America was 1950, it never improved after that year high paying jobs were plentiful, land and food was very cheap.
With the benefit of hindsight, the 1950s will go down as America’s darkest hour, when people were bribed into abandoning their family, clan and ethnic loyalties in order to take part in the death cult of modernity and become wholly dependant on the state system. This paved the way for all the subsequent evils they suffered.
What is it specifically you're talking about?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

America was never created for Americans...It a place were the ultimate Evil resides hiding with in all the glitz of Hollywood, Vegas and Manhatten wall street and wide 6 lane roads.

As a Non-American...The influence of America on other countries have been tremendous...They are single handedly responsible for countless regime change, political coup, assassinations, murders all over the world...If America was to suddenly vanish from planet earth...The world would evolve and become a better place in a day...

The dollar currency manipulation itself will save half of the world.

Thanks to the internet, Americans who don't buy into the BS have been vocal and writing all over the internet, how America sucks even for them too...They are letting the word out that lame stream media suppress from rest of the world....You guys are doing an excellent job....I have so many links to show to my friends in third world countries that America is not all what they think it is...