Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Momopi, Rock, why does weird shit like this happen to me?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Renata
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Post by Renata » June 6th, 2014, 11:01 pm

If you really believe that the universe is toying with you, take some calculated risks. Play the game too. 8)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27497
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 18th, 2014, 1:34 pm

bladed11 wrote:At the risk of sounding absolutely insane especially to non believers. Oh well screw it. Were you recently considering becoming "christian" or similar? Because let me tell ya the day I became Christian I was like the target of every moron in the universe. See most people have evil spirits living in them and controlling their thoughts basicly. Well they have their free will but they still listen to these evil spirits. Once you become Christian these evil spirits target you. Or even if you're even considering it. Not talking about catholicism or some spinoff but real deal. You become their enemy once you make this decision. You do get used to it fortunately and you get wiser to satan.
Yes I experienced that too long ago when I was a Christian. I noticed that temptations increase after becoming a Christian. It's like something challenges you more and wants to try to make you fall. It's not just being a Christian, but being a spiritual sensitive person who is aware and does not conform invites the same thing.

But you gotta realize that many guys here do not believe in stuff like that. They falsely assume that the physical material universe is all there is and the metaphysical universe doesn't exist. They also falsely assume that coincidences are purely random and have no pattern. They are sure of this even when they cannot possibly be sure of it.
somedude wrote: If you are being passed frequently by 18-wheelers, and seem to always have someone on your a**... you are driving too slow for that particular road. Try going with the flow instead of against it.
I already explained this many times. Trucks on I40 in Arizona are in a rush. They are being paid per mile. No way am I going to drive at 80mph with the flow. Are you crazy?

I told you, I have a phobia of speed. When I drive too fast, I do not feel in control, but a sense of fear. My survival instincts are against it. What do you suggest I do about that? How do I override my own survival instincts? And is it safe to do that?

I asked Momopi about this many times. He doesn't seem to understand me. He doesn't seem to understand what "phobia" means either. He thinks phobia and lack of skill are the same thing. They are not.

Spock and Data would not make that mistake. I don't understand why Momopi would.

In fact, in the last Star Trek movie, Data says to Captain Picard while he's driving fast in the desert, "I've never understood the human propensity to pilot vehicles at unsafe velocities." Picard laughed in response.

Plus in older cars I cannot go at 80mph. I don't know how others drive that fast, even in older cars. Are they simply pushing the gas pedal harder than me? I don't know. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I kind of get the sense that if you drive a car a long time, it mimicks your personality. So if you walk slow and do not move fast on your feet, the car you drive tends to mimick that. If you are always in a rush on your feet, the car you drive will accelerate faster for some reason. It's like your car begins to physically mimick your habits. Any of you ever notice that?

I guess my pace is simply different than everyone else's.

There are people who drive slower than me, that I have to pass up too. But I do not drive slow. I do not consider 60mph or 70mph to be slow. Those are safe cruising speeds that are fuel efficient. Slow is subjective and relative.

Why is everyone on a different page than me in this area? I don't get it. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I've never understood why everyone thinks dangerous speeds are normal. It doesn't make sense. How come I have a phobia of speed but others don't?

I've been asking these questions for years. No one seems to want to address them for some reason.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27497
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 18th, 2014, 1:38 pm

Renata wrote:If you really believe that the universe is toying with you, take some calculated risks. Play the game too. 8)
Like how do you mean? What kind of calculated risks? I do not take unnecessary risks for no reason and no gain. That would be illogical and against my nature.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27497
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 18th, 2014, 1:41 pm

Rock, Momopi,
How come neither of you complain about Murphy's Law, bad luck, or "patterns of coincidences" going against you all the time?

Is it because you never experience such things? Or because you interpret them differently?

If they don't happen to you, and only to me, then doesn't that support my claims then, that they do happen to me in a way that is not purely random?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27497
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 18th, 2014, 1:56 pm

Momopi,
Holy cow. You won't believe this. But it's true.

During the last few weeks, practically EVERYDAY weird shit blocks me in a way that cannot be coincidental. Hear me out.

Every time I pull into an empty parking lot, or walk up to a receptionist, or walk to the bathroom, etc. people always cut in front of me at the same time to block me and delay me and interrupt me.

But get this: After the delay/interruption has passed, then all is quiet. The interruption seems to only come when I come.

So for example, if I see a receptionist and do not walk toward it to ask a question, then no one else does. But as soon as I walk toward the desk, someone comes and cuts in front of me. Afterward, when I leave the reception desk, I look back and notice that no activity is happening and no one is coming out of nowhere anymore. All is quiet after I am done.

Same with the parking lot. I pull into any parking lot, and another car comes in and blocks my way, as if it was timed exactly to obstruct me. After that, no more cars come. All is quiet.

When I go to a public restroom, other people come in at the same time. But when I leave, all is quiet and there is no more activity.

There definitely is a pattern here and it happens on a daily basis.

The last 10 times this happened, each time I thought, "If only Momopi were here, then I could say to him 'See! It just happened again! Told ya so!'" Too bad Momopi wasn't around, or else he would see what I mean about something blocking me everywhere I go, as though it were calculated, not random.

Momopi, seriously, if you saw what I was talking about happen the way I describe it, you could become a believer in Murphy's Law. Ask Rock. He's seen patterns of coincidences go against me many times in a row, enough to see that it was a pattern and not random. So he became a believer in this Murphy's Law I complain about, even if only figuratively.

Momopi, trust me, if stuff like this happens to you everyday, it no longer becomes a coincidence. The pattern becomes consistent and identifiable.

Remember Momopi, Murphy's Law is NOT a random coincidence. It is a PATTERN of coincidences that go against you repeatedly.

If every time you push the power button on the remote, the TV goes on and off, then after a while you realize it's not a coincidence, and that there is a connection between the TV and the remote. That's kind of what I mean.

Or, suppose I bump into you all the time Momopi. If it happens once or twice, you can attribute it to coincidence. But if it happens EVERYDAY, then you know it's not a coincidence anymore. See what I mean? Very simple right?

So what do you think is going on?

Is the universe trying to tell me to get out of America because my vibe doesn't fit here at all? Or is the collective energy of people trying to annoy me cause I don't belong here?

When you are different from others, it does seem like something wants to target you or single you out. It's hard to explain. But remember, the universe has many dimensions, so there is a lot we don't understand about the nature of reality. Remember that.
Last edited by Winston on June 19th, 2014, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

somedude
Freshman Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Post by somedude » June 18th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Winston wrote:
bladed11 wrote:At the risk of sounding absolutely insane especially to non believers. Oh well screw it. Were you recently considering becoming "christian" or similar? Because let me tell ya the day I became Christian I was like the target of every moron in the universe. See most people have evil spirits living in them and controlling their thoughts basicly. Well they have their free will but they still listen to these evil spirits. Once you become Christian these evil spirits target you. Or even if you're even considering it. Not talking about catholicism or some spinoff but real deal. You become their enemy once you make this decision. You do get used to it fortunately and you get wiser to satan.
Yes I experienced that too long ago when I was a Christian. I noticed that temptations increase after becoming a Christian. It's like something challenges you more and wants to try to make you fall. It's not just being a Christian, but being a spiritual sensitive person who is aware and does not conform invites the same thing.

But you gotta realize that many guys here do not believe in stuff like that. They falsely assume that the physical material universe is all there is and the metaphysical universe doesn't exist. They also falsely assume that coincidences are purely random and have no pattern. They are sure of this even when they cannot possibly be sure of it.
somedude wrote: If you are being passed frequently by 18-wheelers, and seem to always have someone on your a**... you are driving too slow for that particular road. Try going with the flow instead of against it.
I already explained this many times. Trucks on I40 in Arizona are in a rush. They are being paid per mile. No way am I going to drive at 80mph with the flow. Are you crazy?

I told you, I have a phobia of speed. When I drive too fast, I do not feel in control, but a sense of fear. My survival instincts are against it. What do you suggest I do about that? How do I override my own survival instincts? And is it safe to do that?

I asked Momopi about this many times. He doesn't seem to understand me. He doesn't seem to understand what "phobia" means either. He thinks phobia and lack of skill are the same thing. They are not.

Spock and Data would not make that mistake. I don't understand why Momopi would.

In fact, in the last Star Trek movie, Data says to Captain Picard while he's driving fast in the desert, "I've never understood the human propensity to pilot vehicles at unsafe velocities." Picard laughed in response.

Plus in older cars I cannot go at 80mph. I don't know how others drive that fast, even in older cars. Are they simply pushing the gas pedal harder than me? I don't know. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I kind of get the sense that if you drive a car a long time, it mimicks your personality. So if you walk slow and do not move fast on your feet, the car you drive tends to mimick that. If you are always in a rush on your feet, the car you drive will accelerate faster for some reason. It's like your car begins to physically mimick your habits. Any of you ever notice that?

I guess my pace is simply different than everyone else's.

There are people who drive slower than me, that I have to pass up too. But I do not drive slow. I do not consider 60mph or 70mph to be slow. Those are safe cruising speeds that are fuel efficient. Slow is subjective and relative.

Why is everyone on a different page than me in this area? I don't get it. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I've never understood why everyone thinks dangerous speeds are normal. It doesn't make sense. How come I have a phobia of speed but others don't?

I've been asking these questions for years. No one seems to want to address them for some reason.
Understandable if you have a phobia, but that doesn't necessarily mean you blame the universe or others for doing something you are phobic about. Not going with the flow, regardless of the flow's speed, is actually more dangerous and can cause accidents... whether your going faster or slower than the flow, it's disruptive. The danger component is proportional to the difference in speed relative to flow +/-

By older cars do you mean the old tanks built in the 70's or earlier or just an older modern car? My daily work car is over 10 years old and it has no issues at any speed (except for maybe acceleration and wishing it had a little more oomph at times LOL). I keep it well maintained with good tires, brakes and struts etc. though too.

You are not the only one with speed or busy traffic way phobias. My mother for example refuses to drive on busy divided highways for this reason, and also for the fact she cannot merge if her life depended on it without creating a hazard heheh. Forget about asking her to drive at all in a large city, she would rather die lol

If you want to conquer the phobia, get to know you and your cars limits, much of the fear is not knowing the limits which leads to another fear of not being in control. The cars limits are fixed, but ours are flexible and we can at least grow our limits to match the car. Take it to a track, or a lonely country road with nobody around, or a big empty field heh. No need to drive it 80mph, but rather start slow and easy and just push your own limits and pretend to have scenarios where you need to maneuver, or stop quickly and learn what the cars limits are, or purposely put it into some controlled slides etc. to conquer that fear and learn the limits in order to stay in control. Anyway just an idea.
---

SD

Renata
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Post by Renata » June 19th, 2014, 12:34 am

Winston wrote:
Renata wrote:If you really believe that the universe is toying with you, take some calculated risks. Play the game too. 8)
Like how do you mean? What kind of calculated risks? I do not take unnecessary risks for no reason and no gain. That would be illogical and against my nature.
Become an opportunist ! ... if you see someone going to the grocery line, rush in front of them :lol:
Wait like a lion stalking prey at the taxi stand & when you see someone getting a cab, jump in, lock the doors & drive away :lol:
What do you have to loose, life's already a challenge for you have some fun! :mrgreen:
If I lived close by I would be your partner in crime, but I don't so get one of the guys to reek havoc with you for a day. :P
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27497
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » July 9th, 2014, 12:48 am

somedude wrote:
Winston wrote:
somedude wrote: If you are being passed frequently by 18-wheelers, and seem to always have someone on your a**... you are driving too slow for that particular road. Try going with the flow instead of against it.
I already explained this many times. Trucks on I40 in Arizona are in a rush. They are being paid per mile. No way am I going to drive at 80mph with the flow. Are you crazy?

I told you, I have a phobia of speed. When I drive too fast, I do not feel in control, but a sense of fear. My survival instincts are against it. What do you suggest I do about that? How do I override my own survival instincts? And is it safe to do that?

I asked Momopi about this many times. He doesn't seem to understand me. He doesn't seem to understand what "phobia" means either. He thinks phobia and lack of skill are the same thing. They are not.

Spock and Data would not make that mistake. I don't understand why Momopi would.

In fact, in the last Star Trek movie, Data says to Captain Picard while he's driving fast in the desert, "I've never understood the human propensity to pilot vehicles at unsafe velocities." Picard laughed in response.

Plus in older cars I cannot go at 80mph. I don't know how others drive that fast, even in older cars. Are they simply pushing the gas pedal harder than me? I don't know. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I kind of get the sense that if you drive a car a long time, it mimicks your personality. So if you walk slow and do not move fast on your feet, the car you drive tends to mimick that. If you are always in a rush on your feet, the car you drive will accelerate faster for some reason. It's like your car begins to physically mimick your habits. Any of you ever notice that?

I guess my pace is simply different than everyone else's.

There are people who drive slower than me, that I have to pass up too. But I do not drive slow. I do not consider 60mph or 70mph to be slow. Those are safe cruising speeds that are fuel efficient. Slow is subjective and relative.

Why is everyone on a different page than me in this area? I don't get it. It's like the Twilight Zone.

I've never understood why everyone thinks dangerous speeds are normal. It doesn't make sense. How come I have a phobia of speed but others don't?

I've been asking these questions for years. No one seems to want to address them for some reason.
Understandable if you have a phobia, but that doesn't necessarily mean you blame the universe or others for doing something you are phobic about. Not going with the flow, regardless of the flow's speed, is actually more dangerous and can cause accidents... whether your going faster or slower than the flow, it's disruptive. The danger component is proportional to the difference in speed relative to flow +/-

By older cars do you mean the old tanks built in the 70's or earlier or just an older modern car? My daily work car is over 10 years old and it has no issues at any speed (except for maybe acceleration and wishing it had a little more oomph at times LOL). I keep it well maintained with good tires, brakes and struts etc. though too.

You are not the only one with speed or busy traffic way phobias. My mother for example refuses to drive on busy divided highways for this reason, and also for the fact she cannot merge if her life depended on it without creating a hazard heheh. Forget about asking her to drive at all in a large city, she would rather die lol

If you want to conquer the phobia, get to know you and your cars limits, much of the fear is not knowing the limits which leads to another fear of not being in control. The cars limits are fixed, but ours are flexible and we can at least grow our limits to match the car. Take it to a track, or a lonely country road with nobody around, or a big empty field heh. No need to drive it 80mph, but rather start slow and easy and just push your own limits and pretend to have scenarios where you need to maneuver, or stop quickly and learn what the cars limits are, or purposely put it into some controlled slides etc. to conquer that fear and learn the limits in order to stay in control. Anyway just an idea.
That's a myth and doesn't make sense. It may be dangerous to drive 25mph on the freeway, yeah. But if you are driving 65 or 70mph, that is a safe normal cruising speed. If others want to go 80 or 90mph, then that is their problem. You won't have to copy them. Like teachers always say, "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?"

Besides, people who speed always have to constantly pass people in the right lane. Either that, or they stay in the left lane the whole time. They are used to it. There are always slow drivers in the right lane. That's why on many freeways, there is a sign that says "slower vehicles keep left" especially in mountainous areas.

Do you know that? If so, then why are you suggesting that everyone go at the same speed, even if it's 80 or 90mph? Why do you give such bad and dangerous advice?

Why should I go at a speed I'm not comfortable with, and do not feel in control of, and that feels dangerous, just because you say so? Isn't that terrible and dangerous advice? Can you explain your logic?

If I feel uncomfortable and unsafe, or feel like I can't control a vehicle when driving too fast, why should I do it? Isn't that stupid advice? What's the logic behind it?

I mean older cars that look from the 90's or even further back (I'm not an expert in cars). They seem to be able to do 60mph up steep mountain roads. How do they do that? Are they stepping on the gas pedal harder and more aggressively?

Yeah older people, sensitive guys and frightened girls tend to have speed phobias. Also, some people can't drive at all because they don't have the motor reflex skills or spatial perception required to drive. I don't know how they get around though. They have to depend on others to drive them or take buses all the time. I've known young people like this too.

I do not have a phobia of driving when there are no other cars around, which is why I love driving in the Southwest USA. It's only when there's lots of cars around that I have a phobia. So how is driving in an empty field or track going to help? I've driven many lonely country roads and have no problem with it, even though occasionally a truck will come and pass me up. Perhaps you misunderstand my problem.

My phobia sometimes causes a slow reaction. For example, when I'm on a local road and the bus in front of me stops to pick up and drop off passengers, and I try to pass it by going into the left lane, I am often blocked, because all the other cars behind me beat me to it, so that by the time I look in my left sideview mirror, the cars behind me are already passing and I have to wait for them and the cars behind them.

For some reason, it seems that the cars behind me have no problem passing and going to the left land IMMEDIATELY. Yet when I try to do it, there are cars speeding up on it. Does that ever happen to you too? Or only me?

It looks like some kind of Murphy's Law thing. How are the drivers behind me able to immediately get into the left lane, yet I can't because there are cars there? Is that another Murphy's Law thing, or is it because I hesitate and pass slower than other people do? Other drivers are able to do that kind of thing without thinking and looking.

It also seems that some drivers change lanes without looking into the other lane first. I don't know how they do that. Perhaps they look at the sideview mirror for a fraction of a second so it's not noticeable? Even if so, why do they not turn their head and check their blindspot? You are supposed to turn your head and check your blindspot before you change lines. It says that in the driver's manual. So why am I the only one that does that? Can you answer that question?

I've asked these perplexing questions many times, but no one seems to have an answer. Weird. Why can't anyone give a logical explanation to these questions about driving? It's like the Twilight Zone where the rules of logic and reality don't apply.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

SilverEnergy
Junior Poster
Posts: 958
Joined: July 7th, 2013, 10:41 pm

Post by SilverEnergy » July 9th, 2014, 2:52 am

The reason that some people experience more bad luck than others lie in what they are focused on all the time.

You do attract much of what you focus on.

If you believe that you are experiencing more bad luck than everybody and you keep on thinking and focusing on it, they that it what you will attract.

Focus on having good luck and that is what you will get.

If you feel that the world, your city, your neighborhood are out to get you then that is what your're going to experience and feel.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer

Renata
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1106
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 12:14 am
Location: Ireland

Post by Renata » July 9th, 2014, 10:53 am

SilverEnergy wrote:The reason that some people experience more bad luck than others lie in what they are focused on all the time.

You do attract much of what you focus on.

If you believe that you are experiencing more bad luck than everybody and you keep on thinking and focusing on it, they that it what you will attract.

Focus on having good luck and that is what you will get.

If you feel that the world, your city, your neighborhood are out to get you then that is what your're going to experience and feel.
I believe that too, we unconciously sabotage ourselves sometimes ...
When I was really young, just out of school I had zero working experience. I went for an interview to teach kids IT. I had the qualifications but no experience. I showed up with a CV & the other applicants were there with big folders in proper work suits I was like what the hell is all that :? All I have a few sheets of paper! :oops: I didn't even own a work suit or a jacket, I had on a blouse & a good pair of throusers. I got the job anyway. They hired based on teaching a demo class for 10 minutes on a random topic.

Maybe being optimistic & positive feeds the universe with good energy & it bounces back in the form of good fortune :P (just made that up btw, speculating :idea: )
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

Luc Furr
Freshman Poster
Posts: 288
Joined: March 29th, 2014, 12:48 am

Post by Luc Furr » July 9th, 2014, 11:32 am

Winston,

Regarding Tailgaters, you should not give a damn about what is directly behind you. There is enough in front of you to focus on. Don't even look in the rear view mirror. Only time you should be looking back is when you change lanes and that is to confirm the lane change is safe. The law was made with this in mind, that is why the vehicle that rear ends another is at fault.

haha re cars speeding up to block you, that used to happen to me a lot also. Once a van was driving aggressively around me on the freeway. Tailgating me, blocking me, driving into my lane, crazy person. A semi tractor and trailer came up and drove the van off the road and into the ditch. We reap what we sow. If you are ever concerned about being on the road stay near to professional drivers.

Besides there is no rush, those who drive fast (and dangerously) will arrive only a few minutes earlier than you.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4837
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Post by momopi » July 12th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Winston wrote: Is the universe trying to tell me to get out of America because my vibe doesn't fit here at all? Or is the collective energy of people trying to annoy me cause I don't belong here?

When you are different from others, it does seem like something wants to target you or single you out. It's hard to explain. But remember, the universe has many dimensions, so there is a lot we don't understand about the nature of reality. Remember that.
...didn't I tell you to buy a non-refundable ticket to China?

You will then be forced to choose between distractions that will lead to a financial loss, or drop the distractions and board the flight with your luggage.

Anatol
Junior Poster
Posts: 586
Joined: July 19th, 2014, 6:12 am

Post by Anatol » July 24th, 2014, 10:42 am

johnnyderp wrote:
Winston wrote:What is the universe trying to tell me? That it's against me? That I have Charlie Brown luck and am always between a rock and a hard place?
What I'm saying is that you don't have bad luck at all. If you were genuinely unlucky, you would have died in that incident with the truck. About 10 years ago I was approaching a bend on the highway when an oncoming vehicle was skidding sideways towards me. I experienced that 'time slowing down' phenomenon that you described, calmly swerved to the right and was thankful that another vehicle wasn't following, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this post.

The difference between you and I is that I thanked my lucky stars for escaping this incident without injury or even a scratch to my vehicle. I too was once a serial complainer, but over the last few years came to the realisation that 'luck' is what you make of your experiences and that the world doesn't revolve around me. What you see in a trivial matter like the movie theatre 'drama' is 'bad luck'. I see this is such a meaningless matter, it's not even worth thinking about. This is not even an issue, let alone something to complain about in a post on an internet forum. Bad luck is being stuck in a wheelchair for life, or being wrongfully convicted of a crime.

Complaining to the security guard is bad enough, but then making a complaint to the manager is just pathetic. Honestly, but you sound like an entitled woman sometimes. Having spent a previous life in hospitality, I remember it was almost always women that complained about meaningless crap like this.
Also, how come every time I approach a reception counter, or go to a water refill machine, someone else gets there a second ahead of me and makes me wait for them? That happens a high percentage of the time. I approach something and someone comes at the same time and cuts in front of me and delays me when I don't expect a delay? Even in such little things, the universe likes to block me.
There you go again, complaining about little things that every person on Earth deals with daily. These aren't problems at all, and shows you have a persecution complex. Trust me, becoming a more stoic person will be the first day you experience true happiness.

PS - I'm not making these harsh assessments just to be an a-hole, but to highlight the absurdity of your claims.

Hello,

This is the typical response from American men. When a man complains about something, he is told he is being like an entitled woman. How is complaining about something genuine, entitlement???? ENTITLEMENT means one gets something though he's not supposed to receive it.


This is why U.S.A. is such a pitiful nation the last 15 years. EVERY man here in U.S.A. is delusional and feels that any sort of complaining or having a genuine grievance is tantamount to whining. There is another reason for this. U.S.A.'s men try to always be too masculine and never cry, never exhibit emotions, never wear colourful clothing, never wear jewelry, etc. This is NOT normal, I can assure you. Naturally, if men don't exhibit emotions or express themselves, they will become messed up!

I have had so many American males tell me over the years that because I dress colourfully, it is odd. Or if I argue more than 5 seconds, it is feminine. While totally forgetting that in EVERY nation in history, men will sit at tables and have long, ardent debates about a gamut of issues or even in mundane occurrences. In Spain, all our architecture was extremely intricate and colourful until recently, when the American disease of trying to be dull-masculine-type men was imported by my country's stupid leaders!


U.S.A.'s males = EXTREMELY DEMENTED. My home-country of Spain = STUPID.


Example from my nation: The ultra-modern Alcazaar Theatre shows large amounts of Moorish {(Southern Spain's ancient Muslims)} influence that has been present in major cities like Madrid, Granada, Curduba, Vallincia, etc. {(where Christians are the vast majority)} for the last 1,000 years. And if something was present for 1,000 years and was good, why should anyone discard it for something that is WORSE?

Image

Image




~~~~ [{(Out of the frigid ice to the North that no man had ever laid foot on, evil in the form of a man called Agahnim The Wizard came and he cast a type of magic never seen before by mortals. But together with the Ball-And-Chain Trooper and his faithful Master Sword, Link repulsed him and the IMPRISONING WAR was ended, to become the things of legend!)}] ~~~~

The evil that is the purest evil possible is feminism and it must be pushed back into its keep!

somedude
Freshman Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Post by somedude » July 25th, 2014, 4:58 am

Winston wrote:
somedude wrote:
Winston wrote:
That's a myth and doesn't make sense. It may be dangerous to drive 25mph on the freeway, yeah. But if you are driving 65 or 70mph, that is a safe normal cruising speed. If others want to go 80 or 90mph, then that is their problem. You won't have to copy them. Like teachers always say, "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?"

[snip]
Not a myth, I think you are just wanting to argue, you sound like a woman man. 65-70-80-90... big f***ing deal, there's a whole 25 mph difference in those speeds. I've driven 185mph on 2 lane roads before, safely I might add, I also fly planes. None of those are dangerous if done with skill and not letting fear control you.

You mentioned you had a phobia, I offered you advice to help conquer it, but you choose to whine and bitch like a self entitled little girl. whiiiiiiiine, thats is all I see in your posts here man. Do something about it rather than bitching. Bitching is for girls.

Seriously, man up or STFU, and I mean that in the kindest way possible.
---

SD

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4837
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Post by momopi » July 25th, 2014, 5:20 am

Winston wrote: It also seems that some drivers change lanes without looking into the other lane first. I don't know how they do that. Perhaps they look at the sideview mirror for a fraction of a second so it's not noticeable? Even if so, why do they not turn their head and check their blindspot? You are supposed to turn your head and check your blindspot before you change lines. It says that in the driver's manual. So why am I the only one that does that? Can you answer that question?
I've asked these perplexing questions many times, but no one seems to have an answer. Weird. Why can't anyone give a logical explanation to these questions about driving? It's like the Twilight Zone where the rules of logic and reality don't apply.
This is not something that can be taught by words. If you're serious about learning how to drive, there are professional instructors available at Willow Springs in CA. You probably need to learn proper depth perception, vision techniques, and spatial awareness to start. Many drivers learn by pushing their limits instead of following driver's ed textbook verbatim.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Rants and Raves”