Would you describe yourself as a misanthrope?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Would you describe yourself as a misanthrope?

Post by Temprano26 »

The whole theme of this site is that we all want strong quality relationships but here in the US we are just not finding them. On the other hand, have you become so used to being alone that you don't want to talk to anyone else? That you hate everyone else?
Being alone sucks but we have to find a way to cope with it. If that means reading a hundred novels then that is what we do.

Dairy Queen has these old time 50s pictures of people lining up to eat ice cream and it looked like everyone was happy to be out in the sun with friends. Now I see everyone driving in their individual cars and they sit alone at tables often with their backs deliberately turned to others, often on their phones the whole time. Hell, living in Arlington, I am the same. I don't want to talk to people anymore either. I go to movie theatres and I get far away from them. I am sick of Arlington and pretty much everyone here. I know that is not how I was when I first got to Costa Rica where suddenly people were smiling at me and shaking my hand. My environment in Texas has just made me sick.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well when you live in a society of misanthropes, you eventually become one yourself. It's only natural after all. I explained that here:

viewtopic.php?t=23096

When you go abroad, you will become less so.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lozoman
Freshman Poster

Re: Would you describe yourself as a misanthrope?

Post by lozoman »

Yes, I'm very much a misanthrope. I've lost virtually all trust and faith in humanity around me.