Our server keeps going offline mysteriously!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:But what would be the point Momopi?
If you depend on this site for your income, then you do whatever it takes to make it work, regardless of Murphy's law. Stop wasting time in rants.
But why do you always advocate overhauling entire systems to fix one little thing? That's overkill isn't it? And it's not logical either. Why do you never advocate learning to fix problems? Is it because you aren't a strategic person who is good at solving problems?

For example, when someone has a problem with their PC or laptop, you usually tell them to get a Mac for hundreds of dollars. But there are many ways to fix a PC. I guess you're not good at fixing things or solving problems by being resourceful. I'm different. I prefer to fix things instead of replacing it all.

In this case, I can just move to Pro Shared Hosting, which should not have these problems.

Bluehost is supposed to be a good company though and very reputable. So why are these happening to me?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Paloaltoguy wrote:Lol, I told you this would happen. I told you VPS hosting is garbage and you said I didn't know what I was talking about.

viewtopic.php?t=23769

I like how all my comments have been deleted now ;)
What do you suggest then? That I get a dedicated server and spend $160 a month for it? lol

Pro shared hosting has all I need and unlimited space and bandwidth too.

I deleted your comment because it was like a curse giving me bad luck. Perhaps it did and this is your fault.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Our server went mysteriously offline today!

Post by Winston »

It happened again today! Our server went down mysteriously with no explanation! I contacted Bluehost support via live chat and they had no explanation either. After working on it for a while, our server came back online by itself. But they had no explanation for it.

The support person told me he never saw a VPS server go down randomly like that. We have no resource problems either. This isn't the first time this happened either. Since moving to Bluehost, mysterious malfunctions in our server have happened more frequently than when we were on Godaddy. Why do we keep having problems with our server that other people don't?!

WTF? Are these caused by dark forces against us, secret government forces, or bad luck and Murphy's Law again?

Here's the scary part:

- The support staff said that someone logged into the ROOT ACCESS of our server, which is the most secure part, for a few minutes yesterday. Whoever logged in had no IP address, so it seemed like an admin staff did it. I never mess with the root access, so it wasn't me. What kind of admin would log into our root access server for no reason? Perhaps some of the staff at Bluehost are intelligence operatives who are assigned to cause problems with sites like ours which are not politically correct or promote forbidden truths? Maybe the NSA or the powers that be have shills that work in webhosting companies? If so, did one of them log into my root access to mess with our server? What's odd is that usually even admin staff at Bluehost cannot log into our server root access because they do not have the password to do so, or so they say.

- Also, when I jokingly told the support staff that maybe the NSA was behind this, he told me that the NSA actually just put up a building up on the other side of the mountain in Salt Lake City, UT, about 25 miles away, which means that our webhost server and the NSA are now NEIGHBORS! Oh great. That means the NSA has easy access to mess with our servers now! Great huh? (sarcastic tone)

Creepy huh?

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: Our server keeps going offline mysteriously for no reaso

Post by Devil Dog »

It's probably the Jews, Illuminati, Bildeburgs, Masons, and that guy who replaced Paul McCartney back in the '60's.

Winston is getting too close to the truth and must be silenced!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Oh great. Now the forum database keeps going down. First a database table was corrupted. When I ran a check on the database table, I kept getting these error messages:

[happier2_HappierAbroad.phpbb_posts] warning: Size of indexfile is: 275487744 Should be: 275486720

What does that mean? Then I when I tried to repair it, it kept timing out with this message:

"already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections"

What the blazes does that mean? Do any of you get those error messages when the forum times out too?

C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston, this new forum sucks rooster and you should be ashamed of yourself. Change it back! :P

Anyway, if the NSA or anybody worth their balls messed with your forum, you wouldn't know about it and the support wouldn't tell you at all. It'll be as if whatever you did before never happened.

If you made a scathing post the satanist scum didn't like for example, it'll be deleted with no evidence, as if it was never posted in the first place.

HA really isn't a threat to anybody.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

Maybe it's those North Korean hackers. Perhaps they were also the ones that deleted my best and most popular thread about all the foreign GF's I had in Canada. Such a tragedy that was erased from the internet forever. I got messages on my Will N. Dowd facebook page from random guys who weren't even HA members telling me how much they enjoyed reading those stories and how they were jealous of my successes with ESL girls.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

C.J. wrote:Winston, this new forum sucks rooster and you should be ashamed of yourself. Change it back! :P

Anyway, if the NSA or anybody worth their balls messed with your forum, you wouldn't know about it and the support wouldn't tell you at all. It'll be as if whatever you did before never happened.

If you made a scathing post the satanist scum didn't like for example, it'll be deleted with no evidence, as if it was never posted in the first place.

As if the NSA or CIA give a rip about anything connected to this site. They do not have the time or interest to bother keeping tabs on millions of tin foil hatters...they will all self-destruct on their own....
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Will N. Dowd wrote:Maybe it's those North Korean hackers. Perhaps they were also the ones that deleted my best and most popular thread about all the foreign GF's I had in Canada. Such a tragedy that was erased from the internet forever. I got messages on my Will N. Dowd facebook page from random guys who weren't even HA members telling me how much they enjoyed reading those stories and how they were jealous of my successes with ESL girls.
Is it available for viewing in Wayback Machine?
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

OutWest wrote:
C.J. wrote:Winston, this new forum sucks rooster and you should be ashamed of yourself. Change it back! :P

As if the NSA or CIA give a rip about anything connected to this site. They do not have the time or interest to bother keeping tabs on millions of tin foil hatters...they will all self-destruct on their own....
It is not the millions of tin foil hatters that send shivers down the spines of those in the know. It is just a handful. Perhaps Mr. Wu is part of that handful.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

this was the old link to it:

viewtopic.php?t=10750
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Will N. Dowd wrote:Maybe it's those North Korean hackers. Perhaps they were also the ones that deleted my best and most popular thread about all the foreign GF's I had in Canada. Such a tragedy that was erased from the internet forever. I got messages on my Will N. Dowd facebook page from random guys who weren't even HA members telling me how much they enjoyed reading those stories and how they were jealous of my successes with ESL girls.
Is it available for viewing in Wayback Machine?
No the Wayback Machine only caches sites that it likes, it doesn't cache all sites on the internet. Probably it only caches the sites that the establishment likes or are the most popular.

Will, what was the title of the missing thread? I will try to find it in the forum database or Google.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Luc Furr wrote:
OutWest wrote:

It is not the millions of tin foil hatters that send shivers down the spines of those in the know. It is just a handful. Perhaps Mr. Wu is part of that handful.
Well since YouTube and Vimeo have censored my content out, there are obviously forces out there that want to censor me and my message. Forces that prefer that men wallow in misery and go nuts on a mass shooting rampage, like Elliott Rodgers and George Sodini did, rather than go abroad and be happy.

The only question is: Are these forces that censor me just a bunch of angry feminist women who are offended by my message? Or higher up in the NSA, CIA and unnamed departments of the powers that be?

You gotta remember that the CIA and powers that be do not do all the dirty work themselves. For example, they are known to work with the mafia to get things done, like assassinate people. That's how they got the mob to help them on the JFK assassination hit, for example. So in cyberspace, they would probably contract with hackers, bullies and shills to do their dirty work for them. And that's what may be happening here.

Obviously, one group can't do too many things. But they can subcontract many other groups to do their dirty work for them, if they are powerful enough. So in order words, the NSA computer center itself may be too busy to pay any attention to us, but they may be contracting with internet hacking groups to attack and make trouble for sites like ours that contain too much UNCENSORED truth that doesn't adhere to political correctness or is too freethinking for their taste.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I spent hours last night with Bluehost live chat to try to resolve many problems that were crashing the forum. It was very hectic and stressful. Apparently one of the database tables, the one that contains the posts here, is corrupted and can't be repaired. The repair tool in the database panel keeps timing out or says it is fixed, but the check table tool shows it's still corrupted. I don't know how to fix it.

However, I managed to figure out how to delete some backups on my server that was taking up so much space on the server that it nearly maxed out the disk space, which probably slowed down the resources of this site. I had to get into the root access of the server to remove them, which I didn't know how to do before. With computers and internet, there is always something new to learn, no matter how long you've been at it. Now there is about 55 percent free space on our hosting space, so the resources should be freed up and run smoother now.

I also enabled Cloudflare, which caches the content here in local servers near you, to speed up the page loading speed of this site. That should help too. So the forum should be back to normal loading speed now. I just hope that the corrupted database table won't cause anything to get worse. I'll see if phpbb support can help with that.

C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I'm sure the HA site/forum will be fine, no need to panic. :P