Accidentally making eye-contact with a perma-scowl

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Accidentally making eye-contact with a perma-scowl

Post by mattyman »

I'm talking here about aan uncomfortable situation that can happen in public. I live in the UK, in a town where the majority of women have that nasty, angry, bitchy look on their face, though that's not what this is about.

Have you ever had that situation say, when you're walking down the street and there's one coming towards you walking rather abruptly and giving that 'don' look in my direction' vibe.

I'm talking mostly about those situations where one of those angry-looking, scowling faced women reacts as if you are staring when you're simply looking at, or looking out for something in her general direction; be it an oncoming bus, a clock in a waiting room, or looking out for a friend you've agreed to meet. I hate that, it's uncomfortable, not to mention very annoying.

A lot of them look like they are going to explode. So, if there happens to be one facing me/coming towards me, in the general direction I'm trying to look at/look out for something, it's as if I've got to avoid looking in that direction. It's almost like looking at something in the general direction of the sun yet trying to avoid looking directly at the sun.

I'm not f***ing staring bitch, I just want to look at the display above you to find out what time my f***ing train arrives and you happen to be in my sightline!! Aren't I allowed to do that!? Jesus Christ. Didn't it occur to you that there's more than that 'creepy bloke' is looking at, than your filthy, hate-filled face!?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Ironically, the ones who give me the greatest number of perma-scowl's in the U.S. have been Asian American women--even though I'm an Asian American man. LOL...

The friendliest to me have been Latin American women.
Feldeinsamkeit
Freshman Poster

Re: Accidentally making eye-contact with a perma-scowl

Post by Feldeinsamkeit »

mattyman wrote:I'm talking here about aan uncomfortable situation that can happen in public. I live in the UK, in a town where the majority of women have that nasty, angry, bitchy look on their face, though that's not what this is about.

Have you ever had that situation say, when you're walking down the street and there's one coming towards you walking rather abruptly and giving that 'don' look in my direction' vibe.

I'm talking mostly about those situations where one of those angry-looking, scowling faced women reacts as if you are staring when you're simply looking at, or looking out for something in her general direction; be it an oncoming bus, a clock in a waiting room, or looking out for a friend you've agreed to meet. I hate that, it's uncomfortable, not to mention very annoying.

A lot of them look like they are going to explode. So, if there happens to be one facing me/coming towards me, in the general direction I'm trying to look at/look out for something, it's as if I've got to avoid looking in that direction. It's almost like looking at something in the general direction of the sun yet trying to avoid looking directly at the sun.

I'm not f***ing staring bitch, I just want to look at the display above you to find out what time my f***ing train arrives and you happen to be in my sightline!! Aren't I allowed to do that!? Jesus Christ. Didn't it occur to you that there's more than that 'creepy bloke' is looking at, than your filthy, hate-filled face!?
Yes, I can fully relate to what you're saying, especially the situation regarding going about your business without specifically looking in the direction of the perma-scowler yet still copping a look of haughty contempt. This phenomenon is the icing on the cake to a dating market in the U.K. that is pure hell for 80% of guys, myself included and I can only look forward to moving overseas in the not-too-distant future to escape these miserable, materialistic wenches that pass for women.

May I ask where it is you're based in the U.K.?
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Whenever I get caught starring at a girl. I just smile at them and they will usually just look away.
Feldeinsamkeit
Freshman Poster

Post by Feldeinsamkeit »

Jonny Law wrote:Whenever I get caught starring at a girl. I just smile at them and they will usually just look away.
But "get caught" suggests that you've done something wrong. Even if you were looking at her, why the hell should this be something you have to apologize for?! Has it now come so far that you can't even look at a woman on the street in the U.K. anymore without being regarded as a creep and treated with disdain by the "fair sex"? Jeez.

But in the case of mattyman and I we're talking about cases where you're not even looking at them deliberately and yet still get that perma-scowl cum arrogant head-flick in your face. This form of behaviour of women is an instance of what psychologists term "devaluation" of the other and it serves to increase women's sense of power and self-worth, but at the expense of men's sense of self-worth.
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Post by bladed11 »

zboy1 wrote:Ironically, the ones who give me the greatest number of perma-scowl's in the U.S. have been Asian American women--even though I'm an Asian American man. LOL...

The friendliest to me have been Latin American women.
Me too I got scowled by american filipinas and im white american.. Seems like once filipinas get over to the u.s they turned into assholes. Be warned guys don't bring them over here.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Here's how you can respond when you get that look :

* Smile like crazy until she's out of your sight
* Stop her as if you're about to ask her something really important, and then just stare like a creep
* Say hello loudly, like you're about to sell her something
* Put on a really hurt expression, like you're about to cry
* Jump back, like she's a monster
* Drop something in front of her, something that will roll around, and then pick it all up and get in her way
* Point at your face, like you're telling her that she has something on hers
* Say "Oh my god, you're so hostile! What's the matter with you?" and then walk off, muttering to yourself loudly
* Blow her a kiss
* Get out your phone and take a picture of her and then look at it and laugh

Just mess with them.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Feldeinsamkeit wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:Whenever I get caught starring at a girl. I just smile at them and they will usually just look away.
But "get caught" suggests that you've done something wrong. Even if you were looking at her, why the hell should this be something you have to apologize for?! Has it now come so far that you can't even look at a woman on the street in the U.K. anymore without being regarded as a creep and treated with disdain by the "fair sex"? Jeez.

But in the case of mattyman and I we're talking about cases where you're not even looking at them deliberately and yet still get that perma-scowl cum arrogant head-flick in your face. This form of behaviour of women is an instance of what psychologists term "devaluation" of the other and it serves to increase women's sense of power and self-worth, but at the expense of men's sense of self-worth.
Yeah it's incredible that women get "offended" if a man so much as looks in their direction! :roll:

Women in English speaking countries are the ones who have this "perma scowl" on their faces. You don't see women in the Philippines, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil or Columbia with that "perma scowl" on their faces.

Of course pickup artists will just tell you to ignore her facial expressions and approach her anyway. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

jamesbond wrote:
Feldeinsamkeit wrote:

Yeah it's incredible that women get "offended" if a man so much as looks in their direction! :roll:

Women in English speaking countries are the ones who have this "perma scowl" on their faces. You don't see women in the Philippines, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil or Columbia with that "perma scowl" on their faces.

Of course pickup artists will just tell you to ignore her facial expressions and approach her anyway. :roll:
The women in poor countries are happier than the women in the wealthy countries. Its a huge part of what makes a woman beautiful.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I haven't even read this stupid article yet but I guess it's relevant :

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/why-you-s ... 1634680967