Are you tired of social media?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Are you tired of social media?

Post by Temprano26 »

Mainly I use facebook just to upload pictures but as far as company it sucks. When I write something that pertains to the world, something like ideas or substance, few pay attention to it. I upload pictures of cats and I get 12 people "liking" it. Others post pics of what salad they ate at Olive Garden and it gets 33 likes and 50 comments.

I only use it because if I didn't have facebook, I would not get to see friends from Costa Rica. Costa Rica is dear to me as are those I met, particularly the women. I wish I could have them in person but I don't. It is a lousy substitute but it is what we have.
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

yeah i agree.....i have posted my frustrations on FB about being lonely and no companionship only to be derided.....its like everyone just expects everybody to be happy in america and if not somethings wrong with you.....and facebook has given every woman in america the status of a supermodel....making them even more bitchy and impossible to go out with
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

I have a female friend, she posts her grievances on facebook and her friends give her emotional support. If I vent frustrations it is being a whiner because men have to suck it up if they are depressed.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Both you guys are right.

The way Temprano uses FB is okay.

For me it's kind of a ball and chain. My only connection to some family, but it doesn't add value to my life.

I have heard it helps to have the account so people can check you out. For business as well as dating.

So I guess the solution is to make great original posts of accomplishments or funny stuff, never comment on others, and go there very rarely.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
abg98
Freshman Poster

Post by abg98 »

It's honestly really draining and boring. I just keep it so that I don't have to use email with classmates (and to see how people's lives have gone downhill after high school lol).
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

matthewcoury wrote: i have posted my frustrations on FB about being lonely and no companionship only to be derided.....its like everyone just expects everybody to be happy in america and if not somethings wrong with you...
Men are not supposed to have problems of any kind. Nobody cares about men.
This is regardless the age, even nobody cares about boys, nobody cares about old men, sick men, handicapped men.
It's really about use them and after consider them as 'used item', for the trashbox...

It's about everything which is female, it's not even about 'women and children' anymore, but about 'women and girls'.

Facebook is not a social media where men should write about their personal problems, expect only scornful remarks in return. Timewaste...
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I hate it too. Hey, let's start a facebook group about it!
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

I deleted my facebook about a year ago now and I dont miss it one bit.....I now know who my true "friends" are... I'm not on Instagram (Facebook owned) or Twitter either....

When I used to want to chat with them on facebook, they would only respond with one word answers.... I cant communicate that way... Its not fair that I explain myself clearly, only to get an "ok" or "lol".... :evil:

I miss phone conversations like I used to have NOT TOO LONG AGO! :shock: Even if a phone conversation is 3-5 minutes, it was ok because I was actually communicating with that person....
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

Jester wrote:Both you guys are right.

The way Temprano uses FB is okay.

For me it's kind of a ball and chain. My only connection to some family, but it doesn't add value to my life.

I have heard it helps to have the account so people can check you out. For business as well as dating.

So I guess the solution is to make great original posts of accomplishments or funny stuff, never comment on others, and go there very rarely.
if it wasnt for business purposes i wouldnt even have a facebook......my best friend in bosnia doesnt even use facebook because he sees it as so stupid and shallow and he doesnt need it to make friends.....if you do not have a facebook in america you are just considered a social outcast......iam starting to find out that it has become THE primary form of communication in america..even over texting.......this is a sad state of affairs.....facebook is such an ANTIsocial network that they discourage you from meeting new people on facebook and actually try to stop you from doing it
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

The wrote:I deleted my facebook about a year ago now and I dont miss it one bit.....I now know who my true "friends" are... I'm not on Instagram (Facebook owned) or Twitter either....

When I used to want to chat with them on facebook, they would only respond with one word answers.... I cant communicate that way... Its not fair that I explain myself clearly, only to get an "ok" or "lol".... :evil:

I miss phone conversations like I used to have NOT TOO LONG AGO! :shock: Even if a phone conversation is 3-5 minutes, it was ok because I was actually communicating with that person....
you are exactly right.....i remember 15 years ago when i was 15 i got the phone number of the first girl ever and back then it was considered natural to call someone on the phone for the first time.....if you do that today you are considered pushy, a creep, desperate or even worse......if you dont text a girl the first time you will get NO response....absolutely none......and yes...on FB you will get a bunch of people who have NO idea how to carry on a conversation.......however if youre moving to another country its a great way to meet people ahead of time who you can meet when you go over there and they can help you plan your move......but otherwise it is really a worthless invention where women act like they are supermodels and their FB is their fanpage and maybe 3-4 of the people out of the hundreds of people on your FB are actually real friends
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Instagram is really the worst thing ever created.... Ever notice how every girl is now an InstaGram model now? All women need to do is post pics of their ass, tits or show the duck facee and since there's alot of lonely, thirsty men out there they would 'Like' that shit giving her 500 'Likes', 300 comments, forever boosting her ego...

That ho could post a f***ing spaghetti dinner and she would get 900 'Likes' and everyone thirsty man out there would post "Girl you shoulda told me, I woulda took you out to dinner" or " What are you doin after dinner?".... SMH....
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

The wrote: That ho could post a f***ing spaghetti dinner and she would get 900 'Likes' and everyone thirsty man out there would post "Girl you shoulda told me, I woulda took you out to dinner" or " What are you doin after dinner?".... SMH....
oh my gosh thats sooo truee......haha ive even seen guys say "come here and be my wife, you dirty girl" im sitting there thinking "is it really that bad here in america that guys are making statements like that on a stupid fb picture?"