Were any of you traumatized by high school and carry baggage from it?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Were any of you traumatized by high school and have baggage from it?

Post by Winston »

I don't get something. How come almost everyone today claims to have been bullied to school. Yet when I was in school I only saw about 1 percent of the kids and teens getting bullied? Certainly not a majority or even a sizable percentage. Yet today nearly everyone claims to have been bullied too. How can that be? Am I missing something? Does everyone have the same definition of what "being bullied" means?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

growup
Freshman Poster

Post by growup »

Winston wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 5:21 pm
I don't get something. How come almost everyone today claims to have been bullied to school. Yet when I was in school I only saw about 1 percent of the kids and teens getting bullied? Certainly not a majority or even a sizable percentage. Yet today nearly everyone claims to have been bullied too. How can that be? Am I missing something? Does everyone have the same definition of what "being bullied" means?
We went to school before social media became so widespread.
People find more ways to be cruel these days, but people are also more sensitive these days.
Like, I went to high school from 198-2002.
If someone called me a name, I moved on.
People are more sensitive now, that if someone calls them a name they may get more upset about it.
aspiabc
Freshman Poster

Post by aspiabc »

I was bullied more in grade and middle school. I was bugged a bit freshman year in high school. But after that there really wasn't anymore active bullying. I agree the movies and tv show just a limited possible better situation in high school for some where it could actually be much different.
CodeHarder
Freshman Poster

Post by CodeHarder »

I have some baggage from my upbringing. I was brought up under quite unusual and rough/unforgiving circumstances from even far before high school. When it comes to women it's a bit strange. Sometimes for me both being sadistic and caring from women means intimacy. Both of which I oppose and demand. That can make things tricky. My first introduction in life to others was such that all were desperate, sadistic, nasty, etc but ultimately from a woman you crave care and affection. It's not baggage quite in the normal sense but my expectations of how interaction, intimacy and the progression of a relationship aren't at all what's normal for the rest of society.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

I never connected with my classmates. Why, since America is in a downward spiral economically speaking anyway.

I thought as soon as some of my classmates started driving a car, the real problems started. I think driving a car is the rite of passage for being an American. (Now associated with Trump as president) Though for some classmates were horrible way before that.

They chose to do horrible things. Its a choice. Either way, if any of you becomes successful at the top 10% of net worth or income, those people become just an afterthought isn't it?
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

I was bullied for four years in high school by three mexican lesbians. they did all kinds of things to me and charged me from $10 to $50 living safe fees at random times. i had to pretend they were my friends so i could do sleep overs often to earn my living safe fees I could not get from family members. worst years of my life.
Cute Rabbit
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I was only in High School for three years and generally it was OK but I did get bullied.......... by a teacher.

His dislike for me and the harassment had lasted a good while then one day I was sat in class minding my own business, when he came up to me and slapped me around the face really hard. I was like WTF. Then he repeated. By now, my blood was beginning to boil and I was ready to retaliate. I think he sensed my anger so he walked off. Ironically, we got along after this incident.

Pre High School I was bullied a couple of times, this time by pupils. I was more reserved and quiet than I was at High School which made me more of a target. My saviour was my temper which led to retaliation and the bullies in question leaving the scene sheepishly licking their wounds.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Were any of you traumatized by American high school?

Post by Zambales »

IraqVet2003 wrote:
March 26th, 2015, 8:27 pm
In fact I was voted "THE MOST SHY" in my high school senior class year book (1991).
What kind of sadistic institution did you attend lol? Being naturally shy myself I can understand that a kid who gets labelled with this kind of bullshit would most likely feel inferior.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Were any of you traumatized by American high school?

Post by Zambales »

Jeremy wrote:
December 27th, 2016, 9:15 am
I still suffer PTSD-like symptoms from my high school experience. Not due to bullying or social ostracicism, but due to the extreme sexual frustration. At my hormonal peak and surrounded by prime estrogenic females in yoga pants. Hot girls walking up stairs with their thongs showing. Sweaty 15 year old quiff just inches away from my face.

And yet you're expected to "buckle down" and focus on academics. Give me a break. Maybe if you're a eunuch.
:lol: :lol:
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Winston wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 5:21 pm
Because the younger American generation is the devil's mob. Because Americans today don't mature past age 12 anymore, and the age of maximum maturity just keeps getting younger and younger. And bullying doesn't stop at high school anymore, it now goes on and on through college, work; yes, even the entire career field. America has become a twisted and totally immature country; there are people as old as 35 acting like spoiled 12-year-olds. Mark my words! If any of our great grandparents had a time machine and went to, let's say, the year 2070, they would have a stroke seeing people as old as 75 acting like they are still 12. They would be horrified at the thought that less than a century after their retirement, growing maturity in people would run right into a welded steel wall at age 12, possibly even younger.
expat79
Freshman Poster

Post by expat79 »

It's very sad what is hapening in schools everywhere, specially in the US but now even Europe is getting as bad. It can leave you with a lot of trauma for the rest of your life. I'm just wondering what kind of parents those bullies have.
josephty1
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty1 »

Its probably elementary schools thats more to blame
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just had a horrible nightmare this morning. Woke up full of anxiety and depression. I dreamed I was back in high school and stuck and trapped in a highly negative, unfriendly, toxic environment, and feeling totally lost, scared and powerless. It was horrible. It seems I have post traumatic stress disorder. Like military veterans do if they've been involved in combat. Even if I try to forget or suppress my horrible past in high school, I still relive it in recurring bad dreams and nightmares, which are out of my control.

What can i do about that?

Im sure the feeling of being stranded and depressed in Taiwan, plus getting older, plus my sleep apnea, increases my bad dreams and nightmares. The people on the CPAP forums also told me they had frequent nightmares and bad dreams before they used the CPAP machine to treat their sleep apnea.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 3:02 am
I just had a horrible nightmare this morning. Woke up full of anxiety and depression. I dreamed I was back in high school and stuck and trapped in a highly negative, unfriendly, toxic environment, and feeling totally lost, scared and powerless. It was horrible. It seems I have post traumatic stress disorder. Like military veterans do if they've been involved in combat. Even if I try to forget or suppress my horrible past in high school, I still relive it in recurring bad dreams and nightmares, which are out of my control.

What can i do about that?

Im sure the feeling of being stranded and depressed in Taiwan, plus getting older, plus my sleep apnea, increases my bad dreams and nightmares. The people on the CPAP forums also told me they had frequent nightmares and bad dreams before they used the CPAP machine to treat their sleep apnea.
Forgive them and wish them well.

You obviously have yet to do that.

The day you do that is the day you are free of their control over you.

They're probably bald, fat, unhappy and depressed and on all kinds of medication - trapped into a cycle of debt. You live like a prince compared to most of them (I imagine...).

I am sure people can advise you but you need to work this out for yourself, forgiving them is the first step of freeing yourself of this angst, I have been there and it took me years to work out - trust me, it isn't easy but it is the only road to a happier destination.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Were any of you traumatized by high school and carry baggage from it?

Post by Winston »

But Yick, I do forgive them and have sent them forgiving energy and have tried to let go. Also because in many spiritual teachings, includling Christianity and New Age, it says that if you want your sins and karma to be forgiven, you gotta forgive others for the wrong they done to you too. That makes sense.

But during my dreams, which I can't control, these bad memories sometimes come back. That's out of my control. I'm sure many war veterans experience the same thing, even if they've healed and let go. What can you do about that? It gets worse and exacerbated of course, when you are in an unhappy environment where you feel trapped and depressed, like Taiwan or America, which destroys my self-esteem and confidence and doesn't allow me to be me, and doesn't allow me to come out of my shell and be confident and outgoing like I was in Russia. Eventually that drains my soul and energy and as a result, bad dreams happen more often. Especially if you are trapped in a stupid pandemic where you can't travel anywhere too.