Why do ALL of my friends have jobs and I don't??

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
??????
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do ALL of my friends have jobs and I don't??

Post by ?????? »

Devil Dog wrote:
lozoman wrote:I live in San Francisco. But like I've already mentioned, why do all my friends and acquaintances have several good paying jobs and I can't get and I get anything?
job - a paid position of regular employment

f**k jobs. I haven't had a job in over 25 years. Work for yourself. Would you rather flip burgers for minimum wage or do your own thing for 5X the money?

I could tell you how to make a smooth, easy $200 per day (more if you hustle) by making your own work. You can start it with about $100 worth of tools and materials. I am very skeptical that you would actually do it, though. It requires a bit of work and it requires you to get face to face and sell your service. In other words, it requires action and initiative.

If someone wants to know how to do it, ask me and I will post it in this thread. If you don't ask, I won't give you the information. If I do give the information I only request that if anyone who actually does this, that they post their experiences in this thread after 1 week (40 hours) of work.

My prediction: Someone will ask, but nobody will DO it. Because the few HA members who actually do things are either busy with their own work or don't need the money. Meanwhile. Two new threads will be posted every week by little bitches whining that they can't get a job.
For sure this job is not welding because it costs alot more than $100 to start. The welding helmet alone set me back $120 not to mention the other tools like protective leathers, MIG pliers, lenses, argon gas, oxygen/acetylene for flame cutting, wire, sticks, disposable tips for plasma and flame cutters, ect. . Haven't even gotten to the Plasma cutters and welding machines which range from $300 to $3000 depending on duty cycle. (100% duty cycle being the most expensive.) I did complete a certificate course to get the basics of MIG welding down. Unfortunately, 2 of the 4 companies this certificate is good for needed welders on 2nd shift which unfortunately conflicts with my welding diploma program at night. They told me to give them a call when I was done with school, though. The other place was slow right now as far as work and wouldn't be hiring part-time until March. I was hoping to get started paying this $6000 loan with a better paying welding job.

Luckily, the welding diploma program will be good for more than just a few places. I am stuck doing part-time work at the moment. I am kind of upset that the new instructor shortened the classes and extended the program to 10 months instead of 8. I wanted to get started heading to the Alberta oil field as soon as possible and this will further delay that. :roll:

What kind of private contractor work is it? I do have tools (wrenches, ball peen hammers, screwdrivers, channel locks, ect.), but I don't know if I have the tools I need for that particular job. I would be willing to do this if I knew the tools I needed to buy. I would only be able to do this part-time for now, though.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 29th, 2020, 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Ghost wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
lozoman wrote:I live in San Francisco. But like I've already mentioned, why do all my friends and acquaintances have several good paying jobs and I can't get and I get anything?
job - a paid position of regular employment

f**k jobs. I haven't had a job in over 25 years. Work for yourself. Would you rather flip burgers for minimum wage or do your own thing for 5X the money?

I could tell you how to make a smooth, easy $200 per day (more if you hustle) by making your own work. You can start it with about $100 worth of tools and materials. I am very skeptical that you would actually do it, though. It requires a bit of work and it requires you to get face to face and sell your service. In other words, it requires action and initiative.

If someone wants to know how to do it, ask me and I will post it in this thread. If you don't ask, I won't give you the information. If I do give the information I only request that if anyone who actually does this, that they post their experiences in this thread after 1 week (40 hours) of work.

My prediction: Someone will ask, but nobody will DO it. Because the few HA members who actually do things are either busy with their own work or don't need the money. Meanwhile. Two new threads will be posted every week by little bitches whining that they can't get a job.
OK, I'll bite. What kind of work is it? What's required? Here's is your big chance. I'm interested.
Actually, you are not worthy of my time. If someone other than you, cornh*le, or adhdDavid asks I will give the idea.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Devil Dog wrote:Actually, you are not worthy of my time. If someone other than you, cornh*le, or adhdDavid asks I will give the idea.
Will someone else please ask? I'm curious and, although I am busy right now, if it is viable I would love to give it a go in the future and give full credit where it is due should it be a success.
Chrissays
Freshman Poster

Post by Chrissays »

I'm interested... I'm going back to school for my degree (to teach english in Asia) and making/saving cash is the next best thing I can do with my time.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Chrissays wrote:I'm interested... I'm going back to school for my degree (to teach english in Asia) and making/saving cash is the next best thing I can do with my time.
OK there you go, let's hear your strategy.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 29th, 2020, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Ghost wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:Actually, you are not worthy of my time. If someone other than you, cornh*le, or adhdDavid asks I will give the idea.
Will someone else please ask? I'm curious and, although I am busy right now, if it is viable I would love to give it a go in the future and give full credit where it is due should it be a success.
I knew he was full of shit. Here's the perfect opportunity for him to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that we are wrong, and he isn't taking it. Not that he ever had any credibility, but this spells it out so blatantly.

If it was an idea that I could use and I actually became successful with it, I would also give credit where credit is due. I would be more than happy to do so because it would show he did know what he was talking about after all and wasn't bullshitting. I'd even make a thread talking about my progress and admit I was wrong that a man can't make it here anymore.
If on the level, I'm curious as to what the idea could possibly be. The trouble with most such ideas along these apparent lines is that they require a target market with discretionary income. The thing is that most people are broke now, and the few that aren't are catered to by established sources.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 29th, 2020, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Ghost wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
I knew he was full of shit. Here's the perfect opportunity for him to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that we are wrong, and he isn't taking it. Not that he ever had any credibility, but this spells it out so blatantly.

If it was an idea that I could use and I actually became successful with it, I would also give credit where credit is due. I would be more than happy to do so because it would show he did know what he was talking about after all and wasn't bullshitting. I'd even make a thread talking about my progress and admit I was wrong that a man can't make it here anymore.
If on the level, I'm curious as to what the idea could possibly be. The trouble with most such ideas along these apparent lines is that they require a target market with discretionary income. The thing is that most people are broke now, and the few that aren't are catered to by established sources.
I thought his idea might be becoming a barber or something like that. Or maybe a landscaper. But both of those can be done at home and don't require professionals to do.

Well, I guess we'll never find out. Chrissays asked him, and DD still didn't reveal it like he said he would. He shut his pie-hole really quickly.
Let the excuses begin, loser. viewtopic.php?f=41&t=25795&p=214087#p214087
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Devil Dogs idea is excellent.

+1 to Cornfed for baiting him into throwing down!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:
I thought his idea might be becoming a barber or something like that.
Barbering is a GREAT idea, needed EVERYWHERE, done for cash. An alternative to "online income". And can be done even when young, with no discrimination.

Also a great background to open a salon in Mexico, Panama, etc. You couldnt GIVE the cuts there, but you could hire, instruct and manage.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Jester wrote:Devil Dogs idea is excellent.

+1 to Cornfed for baiting him into throwing down!
Cornh*le didn't bait me into giving the info. Look above. Chrissays asked for the info so I responded.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

To the OP,

do you simply want employment anywhere or are you looking for something specific? In my area there are plenty of chicken and poultry factories that hire plenty of immigrants, convicts, and high school drop outs. Jobs generally pay $10< an hour but offer a lot of overtime. Also have you checked out your local/state employment commissions or other organizations that are free/low cost that help you with jobs skills? Usually they offer a few months as a temp and hire you on full time if you are a good worker. Honestly I can't fathom how somebody can't get a job at least somewhere, though I understand if you are looking for something in particular or that pays reasonable. You may have to take on a few part time positions to allow you to make ends meet.

Factory jobs such as distribution centers generally pay well and are always hiring. Try and see if you can find somewhere to get certified using a forklift or other equipment. Then there's other certifications that may cost a little more but tend to get you hired at places quickly like EMTs, CDLs, CNAs.

My older brother is a real POS when it comes to working but he is always finding opportunities. Sure they aren't always the best paying but its better than nothing until you find something better.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

hammanta wrote:To the OP,
My older brother is a real POS when it comes to working but he is always finding opportunities. Sure they aren't always the best paying but its better than nothing until you find something better.
Apparently, your brother is less of a POS than some of these HA members.