Why Americans don't understand America's Mental Illness

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
International Gringo
Freshman Poster

Why Americans don't understand America's Mental Illness

Post by International Gringo »

As Winston Wu already mentioned (along with research on the web), America leads the world in mental Illness, loneliness, Anti Depressant pill consumption (over 50% of the world), use of Psychologists, obesity, shooting rampages, serial killers and jail population. These are horrific statistics that should cause alarm for any country (especially a developed one). Whenever a shooting rampage occurs Americans are quick to:

A.) Blame the killer is an isolated nut
B.) Start debating about gun laws or
C.) Say this poor man needs Jesus.

The awkward part is that very very very few people question American society itself. With the exception of Winston's website there are very few other information outlets who talk about why American society is dysfunctional. I can understand why the mainstream media/politicians doesnt talk about it (because it wants to keep the status quo), why the Pharmaceutical companies doesnt want to talk about it (because they are making millions off of everyone's misery). Even many American women are stressed out by the demanding over working hours in this country due to corporate influence over our politicians.

When will Americans finally began to wake up that something is not right with our American society? How many more shooting rampages do we need before they finally wake up?
You can work your life away or you can live your life away

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Why Americans don't understand America's Mental Illness

Post by OutWest »

The word hyperbole comes to mind. I and many others observe USA social disfunction , as well as the prison and pharma industries that feed off the system. Overall crime rates in the USA are not especially high. If you look at subcultures, Latino and especially Black populations have crime commission and victimization rates that are vastly larger than White or Asian populations in the US.

However, when it comes to social disfuntion and alienation, one can argue that the USA is near the top in that category, although measurements are hard to come by. I and other men moved and married overseas, so we are less affected by all this.

To think that Winston and HA are lone voices in the wilderness on this topic is just silly. This site and all its membership is no more than a molecule of the vast body of writings on all of these topics, many of them dating back many decades. Google any aspect of any of this and you will see huge numbers of pages...in the millions.

Unfortunately, most men here will spend their lives crying in their beer rather than changing their lives.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great point OP. Besides the toxic society in the US, here is a deeper reason for the high rate of mental illness in America that I've theorized. What do you think?

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23301

Two other alternative researchers have come up with the same theory as me: Michael Tsarion and Stefan Molyneux. However, they both assume by default that America = The World and that all other countries are the same and have the same rate of mental illness. It's not true, but that's what they assume and think. For some reason, it's more politically correct to lump all countries together than to differentiate them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

American Culture requires optimism at all costs, even when it is not warranted.

Slaves were expected to support the American revolution, and those that became the Black Loyalists and fought for Britain, were criticized.

Native Americans were considered ungrateful when they were rounded-up and placed on reservations, many of which were taken back or removed for various reasons.

When people understand they are disadvantaged, but are told that "everything's great," this creates madness which can boil over to violence.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Great posts here. Wisdom.

Thanks to all and especially the OP.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Contrarian,
You are so right! Here recently in America feminists have been speaking out about white straight male privilege. Basically they tell us that we are the most privileged group in the world. Just look at me... I'm a young white straight male and I work a shitty low paying job. I have to work tons of overtime just to make ends meat and I'm lonely and can't find a girlfriend. Do I sound privileged? I don't think it's any mistake that most crazies we hear about on the news are white guys that had nothing to lose. The average straight white men are being marginalized by American society but you won't hear about that in the media.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

:!:
GoingAwol wrote:make ends meet
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

droid wrote::!:
GoingAwol wrote:make ends meet
Maybe he really means meat? Maybe he really likes BBQ.