America is good for working to get out of it.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

America is good for working to get out of it.

Post by Temprano26 »

For over a month I have been working for a local massage place in Arlington, Texas. My boss is a guy from Syria and is mostly a cool guy. I started working there six days a week when I got hired mainly for a "make hay while the sun is shining" philosophy. I have felt burnt out at times but I have earned a lot of money in tips that I can save to go to Costa Rica or wherever I want to travel. I am not a workaholic; I just want to make money so I can go enjoy my life away from America because America is the best place to be if you are dedicated to your career. It is certainly not great if you are a single unemployed man. I love massage therapy and I am happy that what I do makes people's migraine headaches go away. I may not be a part of the top 10% of men but I am working to go where that won't even matter.

So if you have a career that you enjoy then America is useful for making money at it. We can hate its culture and I most certainly do but it is the greatest business in the world.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: America is good for working to get out of it.

Post by Tsar »

Temprano26 wrote:For over a month I have been working for a local massage place in Arlington, Texas. My boss is a guy from Syria and is mostly a cool guy. I started working there six days a week when I got hired mainly for a "make hay while the sun is shining" philosophy. I have felt burnt out at times but I have earned a lot of money in tips that I can save to go to Costa Rica or wherever I want to travel. I am not a workaholic; I just want to make money so I can go enjoy my life away from America because America is the best place to be if you are dedicated to your career. It is certainly not great if you are a single unemployed man. I love massage therapy and I am happy that what I do makes people's migraine headaches go away. I may not be a part of the top 10% of men but I am working to go where that won't even matter.

So if you have a career that you enjoy then America is useful for making money at it. We can hate its culture and I most certainly do but it is the greatest business in the world.
It's good if a person can find work to get out of it. It's just difficult when unemployed and the most I could potential save if the circumstances are right is $400 or $500 a month and that's only assuming I am not buying anything except the absolute basic things.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Re: America is good for working to get out of it.

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah that's nice - I did the same by saving my salary and now that money is working hard generating 5 - 20% interest for me to subsidise my life on the road.

It's also good to combine it with frugal living. I've slashed my expenditure to the bone by living mostly on ramen noodles and pasta. Both are extremely cheap here in Spain.

Massage skills are also good to have when travelling as there are any number of massage places where you can work semi-legitimately. Plus it's a good ice breaker when you're dating.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.