Have you found Americans abroad to always be more relaxed?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Have you found Americans abroad to always be more relaxed?

Post by Temprano26 »

Whenever I met an American in Costa Rica or in Bocas Del Toro I always found they were having more fun with no cliquish, don't talk to strangers nonsense that we get here. It made me totally forget how uptight and paranoid they were until I got back to Dallas where the vibe in the air made everyone into a drag to be around. The only Americans that are down-to-earth seem to be world travelers with a strong curiosity about the world around them. They have been around people with a lot less who still manage to be happier than those who have so much more. It saddens them to see how miserable their fellow Americans are when we are the most economically fortunate country in the world.

Americans actually are good deep down inside but our culture doesn't nurture it anymore.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Have you found Americans abroad to always be more relaxe

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Temprano26 wrote:Whenever I met an American in Costa Rica or in Bocas Del Toro I always found they were having more fun with no cliquish, don't talk to strangers nonsense that we get here. It made me totally forget how uptight and paranoid they were until I got back to Dallas where the vibe in the air made everyone into a drag to be around. The only Americans that are down-to-earth seem to be world travelers with a strong curiosity about the world around them. They have been around people with a lot less who still manage to be happier than those who have so much more. It saddens them to see how miserable their fellow Americans are when we are the most economically fortunate country in the world.

American men abroad actually are good deep down inside but our culture doesn't nurture it anymore.
This is true [for the most part], but do not trust Westerner men abroad as far as you can throw them. Yes, there are a miniscule good-people pool of them, but
most of them are foul.

I have a myriad of stories for verification's sake.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Have you found Americans abroad to always be more relaxe

Post by zboy1 »

Generally yes, Americans in Asia are generally more relaxed than their counterparts in the States. But, having said that, some still have an air have of douchebaggery that I can't stand from most Westerners.