Why do Americans love Donald Trump?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do Americans love Donald Trump?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Mr Natural wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 1:39 pm
One thing I didn't see coming is that Mueller has handed off all of the cases involving financial crimes. The obstruction of justice stuff alone might enough for democrats but it will take the financial crimes to turn enough republicans in the senate to convict. Financial misdeeds are where the real dirt is on him. There are 14 known cases other prosecutors are investigating, but it remains to be seen whether any or all of those cases are resolved before the election. My time table may be off but I still predict he will likely resign. He wouldn't stand much chance of being re-elected anyway, just too many have been turned off with his various bullshit. So he won't be around much longer in any event.
Not a chance this convicts Trump in the Senate. These financial "crimes" if there are any, had nothing to do with Trump's election nor his time as President. If he is called to account for them, it will be after he leaves office.

Ultimately, the greater portion of the American people would not stand for Trump to be removed. It would likely kick off Civil War II and the consolation prize would be President Pence, a less ballsy but more right wing ideologue. The left might want to be careful what it wishes for here!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Mr Natural wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 1:39 pm
One thing I didn't see coming is that Mueller has handed off all of the cases involving financial crimes. The obstruction of justice stuff alone might enough for democrats but it will take the financial crimes to turn enough republicans in the senate to convict. Financial misdeeds are where the real dirt is on him. There are 14 known cases other prosecutors are investigating, but it remains to be seen whether any or all of those cases are resolved before the election. My time table may be off but I still predict he will likely resign. He wouldn't stand much chance of being re-elected anyway, just too many have been turned off with his various bullshit. So he won't be around much longer in any event.
Not a chance this convicts Trump in the Senate. These financial "crimes" if there are any, had nothing to do with Trump's election nor his time as President. If he is called to account for them, it will be after he leaves office.

Ultimately, the greater portion of the American people would not stand for Trump to be removed. It would likely kick off Civil War II and the consolation prize would be President Pence, a less ballsy but more right wing ideologue. The left might want to be careful what it wishes for here!

In the military, if a low ranking private commits an offense against the Uniformed Code of Military Justice, she will likely be called to account for it. If high ranking officer commits the same rank, it is not a good look but it would take hell and high water to have charges lodged against him. That same double standard applies in politics where only the most egregious crimes are prosecuted due to the business of the country having to continue and the choice of the people having to be respected.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

It depends. If it's money laundering with russian mobsters for example, which there is considerable suspicion about, then you might be surprised. That would explain his constantly acting like Putins bitch, which I doubt many republicans have much appreciation for. Don't forget that there are a lot of establishment republicans who never wanted him as their nominee, they don't talk about it now but all it would take for them is a good excuse. And calling him the "choice of the people" is somewhat questionable. I think he is the only president in the history of polls to never hit 50% approval, not to mention getting 3 million fewer votes than his opponent (who was one of the worst candidates in history).
In any event, he certainly won't be held accountable after leaving office. Maybe you haven't noticed but holding ex-presidents accountable isn't something that's done in the USA.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Mr Natural wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 6:06 pm
That would explain his constantly acting like Putins bitch, which I doubt many republicans have much appreciation for.
How is he acting like Putin's bitch as compared to, say, acting like Israel's bitch?
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

It's both, but the difference is that USA leaders have always bowed down to Israeli interests and it's not unusual for politicians to do their bidding. The Israel lobby is by far the most powerful in the country and I can't think of anyone who has bucked them and survived politically. Russia on the other hand has been a traditional rivalry and it's not normal for american politicians to be partial to them.

It's known that russian money laundering has been going on with Trump real estate, just google russian laundromat. Don jr said about 10 years ago "Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets .... We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia." Eric Trump later said “We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.” This is all after Trump filing for bankruptcy 6 times and nobody (else) would loan them money. Putin is a former KGB agent and you can be sure he knows all the details about this stuff, and that's just things that we know already. Who knows what else might be in his tax returns or other dealings, this guy is dirtier than a pig in slop. I can only imagine the howling republicans would be doing if this was about Clinton or Obama. Sure they're all dirty to some extent, but like the lying, Trump just takes it to an all time level.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Recent speech by Donald Trump at the Save America rally in Texas.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Temprano26 wrote:
August 16th, 2015, 7:05 am
Frankly I wish I could punch the Donald right in the nose for being such an arrogant loudmouth. He lost credibility with me long ago because anybody that is so mean and nasty to people always lose credibility but obviously he is leading in the GOP polls and he is about the one damn thing the media covers anymore. I turn on the TV, I see Donald Trump. I go out to eat and televisions show nothing but Donald Trump or Bill Cosby.

Politics wasn't pleasant anyway but the Donald has made it into trash TV where everyone tunes in to watch him insult people. Do you imagine him being this successful in Europe or Latin America?
Because Americans are a racist, selfish, and hateful peoples. Americans hate all immigrants, legal or not. Reportedly, there's a wall already at the Mexican border, but Americans want a much bigger wall, at least 300 feet tall by 100 feet thick, made of steel reinforced concrete, and armed with lethal voltage electric fences and razor wire. Americans also despise all persons with disabilities with extreme disdain. Americans hate people of color, even going so far as to put the "non-human" label on all persons of black/African descent. They love Trump because they WANT an America so expensive that only movie stars and famous celebrities can afford to have a livelihood.

Because Trump lost, innumerable Trump-loving, Republican-voting work bosses are firing their employees out of selfish anger, cutting paychecks to their employees, and causing what now is known as the Great Resignation. Their favorite president lost the 2020 election, and they are taking their anger out on their employees.