Women and Numbers

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
longzing
Freshman Poster

Women and Numbers

Post by longzing »

Women are programmed in a certain ways.

For example, in my country, Taiwan, and chinese culture in large, people'd tend to think of the number,1, as indicating single, as opposed to the number, 2, as indicating couple. And the number, 3, as indicating separation, etc.

So much so that a typical female in my country would not dare to say 'two' in front of you lest you'd surmise she's interested to you in making you two as a couple. (lol) And, as a result, they'd tend to express "one" or "three" in front of you, to save her face. So pre-programmed as a human being!

Men, however, don't pay much attention to those numbers as indicating good or bad - they're just numbers, though.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: women and numbers

Post by Falcon »

And also the number 4! So many Taiwanese refuse to use it, since it sounds like the word for death.
I've seen elevators in Taiwan without the 4th floor. So confusing and superstitious, haha. :D
longzing
Freshman Poster

Post by longzing »

cc, exactly
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Falcon wrote:And also the number 4! So many Taiwanese refuse to use it, since it sounds like the word for death.
I've seen elevators in Taiwan without the 4th floor. So confusing and superstitious, haha. :D
Same here in Japan with old houses, elevators as well as floors, but this is changing now. Buddhism is often about ghosts, spirits and superstition. New constructions do not show up with this nonsense anymore.

Some Japanese people are still into stupid things nowadays. A new Japanese employee in our company as bookkeeper, not even such an old woman, exactly 44 years old - the unhappy year where she lost her former job, was horrified when she got the phone extension 44. She was seriously asking me a few years ago, if I can change her extension number or offer her a working place with a different extension, difficult to believe but true.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
longzing
Freshman Poster

Re: Women and Numbers

Post by longzing »

Another example -

If you asked your female co-worker of what date the meeting will take place, you sometimes get fake answer, if the date of meeting would happen to be on Tuesday (the number 2). (lol)

Female's safety net to screen out the potential danger, if you two happened to be single?