Stupid things Americans love that I HATE and disagree with!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Stupid things Americans love that I HATE and disagree with!

Post by Winston »

Have you noticed that there are a lot of things that Americans commonly love to do or believe in, that are stupid, nonsensical and often not even true? Here are some examples of things Americans tend to believe in and love that I detest and disagree with, and that I find nonsensical and stupid as well. Feel free to add your own.

1. The belief that gun ownership is imperative to maintaining a free society and is a must, which Americans believe religiously despite lacking any valid reasons. There is no evidence that gun control = tyranny and totalitarian dictatorship. There may be some cases in history where that happened, but they were extreme examples, not typical. Most countries that don't allow citizens to own guns are not dictatorships, as Americans falsely imagine.

2. The belief that one should be independent and not need others and that needing love is a weakness. Nothing in nature supports this, or suggests that humans are meant to be independent solitary creatures who do not need each other, are happy to be alone, and that loneliness is some kind of defect. Yet Americans believe this religiously. Very odd.

3. The belief that "America is the land of the free" when nothing supports that. That might have been the case in 1776 or in the 1800's, but it definitely isn't the land of the free today, since America has the highest number of laws and restrictions in the world and therefore is the least free nation.

4. The "live to work" mentality that treats work as a religion rather than a means to an end, which most other countries do. Work should not be a religion or the ultimate purpose of life. That's crazy. Yet Americans believe that religiously. Go figure. Work is not meant to be fulfilling either, as Americans attempt to trick you into thinking. If work was truly fulfilling, then you wouldn't have to be paid to work. Duh. You'd do it for free.

5. The cult of dog worship. Many Americans prefer dogs over people and treat them like their own family members, when they provide no value or use in return, but are a burden to take care of. I especially hate it when Americans act like having their dog sleep on their bed with them is a normal thing, as if it were normal to share a bed with an animal and have its fur all over your bedsheets and its odor near you while you sleep. (rolling eyes) Plus, a dog on your bed means less room for you (or you and your spouse), and since Americans are big on space and privacy, why are they so lax about it when it comes to dogs? Weird. Valuing dogs more than your own kind is weird, and is a distinct American thing, and possibly British thing as well, this cult of dog worship. It's as if you are a dog in America, you get special attention, praise and adoration just for being a dog, which you don't even have to earn, whereas if you are a human, you do not of course. lol

6. The belief that professional sports matter. Who the f**k cares about baseball, football and basketball? Or even the Olympics? Why does it matter who wins the game? It's just a game for God's sake! The viewers of sports games don't get anything from the win or loss of their home team, so why do they invest their time and emotion into it? It's stupid and illogical. Like Noam Chomsky said, professional sports are just a way for the elite to pacify the masses and condition them to be passive observers rather than participators, in order to subdue their power.

7. The habit and custom of giving big tips and tipping generously, as though it were oh so important to make sure that the waitstaff have adequate salaries. Oh my gosh! I just worry that the waiter won't take home enough money today. Oh Lord! That would be so terrible. (sarcastic tone) Blah blah blah. Like why should I give a friggin shit? He or she is not even my friend. Duh. And everyone in America only gives a shit about themselves anyway, so what does it matter? It's a stupid religion again, this time it's a religion of tipping or "the gospel of gratuity". lol.

Seriously though, why should you tip someone for doing their job, especially if they did nothing extra beyond their job? It doesn't make sense. How come restaurants and food services in most other countries get by fine without tipping? It's not like this gratuity custom is keeping restaurant prices in America low, no way, if anything, they are very high now and overpriced, especially compared to Asia. So the argument that tips allow restaurant owners to charge lower prices on food by not having to pay minimum wages to waitstaff doesn't hold water.

None of these beliefs are logical. Yet Americans believe in them religiously. Probably because they assume that if their culture says something and most people believe it, then it must be true, even if it is unnatural, illogical and not supported by real evidence. lol. Don't you hate it when people believe something religiously that doesn't make sense? It makes me think that God must love stupid people because he made so many of them. lol. Go figure. But hey, then again Americans are the most delusional people on the planet, so what do you expect? lol

If any of you have more items on your list of things Americans love and believe in that you hate and find to be stupid, feel free to add them below.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Re: Stupid things Americans love that I HATE and disagree wi

Post by Blue Murder »

I find the basic concept of 2 logical and 1 is definitely not without its merits.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

Totally agree with #7. American restaurants need to set a reasonable minimum wage for their waiters/waitresses, and abolish tipping completely.
josephty1
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty1 »

Deleted
Last edited by josephty1 on July 27th, 2018, 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston, I really agree with points #2, #4, #5, #6, and #7. But, I would like to add two more outrageous things to your list. One is the idea that anyone who is speaking with an accent or chooses to talk in their native language (such as recent immigrants) is not a "real" American. This is something many Americans frown upon very deeply for some strange reason. This is nothing more than IGNORANCE AND INTOLERANCE of anyone different from them. A few examples of this would be when a guy serving in the Army from Puerto Rico had told me that while he was at a McDonald's wanting for his food, he was made fun of due to his accent. Another example, a guy from India that I knew from working at Home Depot told me that a customer called him "Osama Bin Laden" for wearing a turban on his head. However, what the customer didn't know or understand that it was part of his religious practice (he was a Sikh).

But I guess I'm more sensitive and open-minded to this issue for two main reasons. One is due to my growing up as an "Military Brat" (due to my father's career in the U.S. Army) who moved every two to four years at various Army posts (both throughout the U.S. and overseas) which were racially and culturally diverse environments where open discrimination was not allowed. In addition, I know what it's like to be an "outsider" having lived on military post/schools vs. a civilian community/schools and who's spent part of his childhood in Germany (learning a culture and language at an early age). Secondly, being a Black male in America having experienced some racism and discrimination I can easily understand what other oppressed groups or minorities go through.

Then the second thing Winston I would add to your list (even as a Iraq Veteran) is this crazy idea that if anyone who disagrees, questions, or protest a war America is involved in they're deemed "unpatriotic" or a "traitor". However, it was Thomas Jefferson that once said "DISSENT IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF PATRIOTISM" and George Washington warned against being involved in "FOREIGN ENTANGLEMENTS". But, I really think that most American people have been BRAINWASHED by the mainstream media which is nothing more than a mouth piece for the MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX/NWO. In fact, here's a link entitled "BLOOD MEDIA: MANY OF CNN, FOX NEWS 'EXPERTS' CASHING IN ON WARS THEY'RE HYPING"

http://www.21stcenturywire.com/2015/11/ ... yre-hyping (for a new war in Syria)

Of course war propaganda is nothing new in which William Randolph Hearst famously told his photographers "you furnish me the pictures, I'll give them the war" in reference to the Spanish-American war (1898). Not to mention, Gen. Smedley Butler had stated "WAR IS A RACKET" (1935). Sadly most Americans don't know TRUE history of the U.S. due to our "dumbing down" public school system. It is only when they come across alternative books and/or documentary films by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Oliver Stone, Michael Moore, Alex Jones, David Icke, Jim Marrs, Steve Quayle, Jordan Maxwell, Henry Makow, etc. that people can "wake up" to the truth or what I call "TAKING THE RED PILL".
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

2. The belief that one should be independent and not need others and that needing love is a weakness. Nothing in nature supports this, or suggests that humans are meant to be independent solitary creatures who do not need each other, are happy to be alone, and that loneliness is some kind of defect. Yet Americans believe this religiously. Very odd.
I agree.
3. The belief that "America is the land of the free" when nothing supports that. That might have been the case in 1776 or in the 1800's, but it definitely isn't the land of the free today, since America has the highest number of laws and restrictions in the world and therefore is the least free nation.
I agree.
4. The "live to work" mentality that treats work as a religion rather than a means to an end, which most other countries do. Work should not be a religion or the ultimate purpose of life. That's crazy. Yet Americans believe that religiously. Go figure. Work is not meant to be fulfilling either, as Americans attempt to trick you into thinking. If work was truly fulfilling, then you wouldn't have to be paid to work. Duh. You'd do it for free.
Last year I had this job where I wanted two weeks vacation in one year my first year there. Every other job I had four weeks vacation a year almost any time I wanted it. This job said no. I don't understand why, since they could find someone to cover me. Luckily I am in a new job, which offers generous vacation benefits.
5. The cult of dog worship. Many Americans prefer dogs over people and treat them like their own family members, when they provide no value or use in return, but are a burden to take care of. I especially hate it when Americans act like having their dog sleep on their bed with them is a normal thing, as if it were normal to share a bed with an animal and have its fur all over your bedsheets and its odor near you while you sleep. (rolling eyes) Plus, a dog on your bed means less room for you (or you and your spouse), and since Americans are big on space and privacy, why are they so lax about it when it comes to dogs? Weird. Valuing dogs more than your own kind is weird, and is a distinct American thing, and possibly British thing as well, this cult of dog worship. It's as if you are a dog in America, you get special attention, praise and adoration just for being a dog, which you don't even have to earn, whereas if you are a human, you do not of course. lol
I was dating this one chick for a few months. I forbade her to kiss her cat after she told me she kisses the cat on the mouth. I didnt say forbid. I just told her I didnt want her to do it anymore. She actually stopped doing it, cause one of the reasons she cited for breaking up with me is that I wouldnt let her kiss her cat on the mouth! ICK! And it wasnt like I was there policing her the whole time.
6. The belief that professional sports matter. Who the f**k cares about baseball, football and basketball? Or even the Olympics? Why does it matter who wins the game? It's just a game for God's sake! The viewers of sports games don't get anything from the win or loss of their home team, so why do they invest their time and emotion into it? It's stupid and illogical. Like Noam Chomsky said, professional sports are just a way for the elite to pacify the masses and condition them to be passive observers rather than participators, in order to subdue their power.
I can't stand professional sports for the most part. Now you talk about religion. THIS IS RELIGION! People know more stats about their favorite team than they know about their religion. The only sport that ever remotely interested me was baseball, and that was only for a year or two. That didn't last long.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Here's one that actually makes sense. Americans (not sure if Canadians do this; probably not) seem to think that if your skin is dark you can only be from the Caribbean or Africa. Let's say you're black and have a British accent. You'll get a lot of "where are you really from?"s. Sort of like how Asians get asked that when they're American. I legit heard some schizo say to a black Brit that "you're black and think you can be from the UK". What? Does that mean a black man can't put his member in a black woman and have the nine-month fetus develop and be born in a British hospital, then have it live there? That makes ZERO sense. I usually don't focus on strictly Americans or talk about negativity in general as this site generates enough in spades, but it really does seem that America is the least aware 1st world nation. The only time America IS aware is when the next war is being planned. In other words: American missiles know about other countries, but American people do not.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

IraqVet,
Why did you not agree with point #3 about America not being the land of the free? Also, everyone I know is against the Iraq War. I don't know anyone for it. So being against it seems to be the majority opinion. But of course, I don't socialize in patriotic circles. So it depends on who you are around.

Btw everyone, don't you guys hate how in America, if you are a dog, you get automatic praise, love and adoration, without even having to earn it? You certainly don't get that if you're a man in America. lol

Also, don't you hate how American women are very picky about the man they will kiss, but they will let a random dog lick their face and mouth? Yuck. Ewww. Stupid.

How come here in China, you don't see people being fanatical and crazy about professional sports? How come people in China don't wear sports teams memorabilia on their shirts and clothing, or put bumper stickers of their sports teams on their cars? I guess mainland Chinese are too down-to-earth for that kind of crazed delusional useless shit.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

#3 really stands out major! When you think about it, America is totally not the "land of the free" at all! Not only are there tons of laws in America, but American healthcare has astronomical costs sure to put even a rich person in the poorhouse. Homeownership is a complete total myth in America; in case you didn't know, property taxes are not taxes at all; they are property rents. Or to put it most accurate, property taxes are rents of land that are used for public purposes. The term "property taxes" is a deceitful mask, put in place to cover up the real thing. And yet Americans, having been brainwashed and deceived like the totally gullible sheep being led to the slaughter that they are, accept them as a normal part of society.

There's even more that Americans appear to really love that especially I hate and disagree with.

The belief that jet fuel burns at over 6,000 degrees Fahrenheit and will melt a steel frame skyscraper to it's core, and that once the top of a skyscraper starts to collapse, the belief of as if even God Himself could never halt the collapse; the skyscraper is going down, all the way to it's bare foundation. They'd rather publicly worship the devil and blasphemize God with bullhorns than believe that the World Trade Center may have been deliberately imploded and that 9/11 was a highly suspected inside job, not to mention even have former president George W Bush arrested and charged with treason.

The belief that single riders on an all time favorite carnival ride of mine, the Zipper, can really turn sideways and slip out from under the lap bar. The only possible explanation for "No Single Riders" policies on certain carnival rides such as the Zipper; American carnival companies are desparate to get rid of all singles. Chance "North Korea" Rides, Inc, which manufactures the Zipper, as well as a number of other rides, appears to have an especially burning hatred towards the singles population. They easily would curse and blasphemize the idea of setting up a visibly marked waiting area for single riders in need of a partner. Boycott Chance Rides, Inc! At any carnival, stay off the Zipper, stay off Pharaoh's Fury, stay off the Yo-Yo, if the ride is manufactured by Chance Rides, Inc, stay off of it!

The belief that the poor are lazy and worthless, and that people with disabilities fake their disabilities so they can get "rich" off the government. Literally the belief even of "destroy and devour the poor and give to the rich" is all over the country.

The philosophy of "keep the poor, the homeless, and the disabled out of sight and out of mind." Now that really makes me mad. It's like Americans would rather deal with a psychopath gunman shooting up even an NFL game with an AK-47, even resulting in hundreds of deaths and injuries and the cancellation of the rest of the game, than deal with a normally harmless homeless person who just wants a few dollars even to have a dinner at McDonalds and/or Burger King. Americans even appear to have that same attitude towards people with any kind of disability such as autism, cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome, or who are wheelchair bound, not to mention people who get less than minimum wage at work even due to racial discrimination, and even retired people. And even more, it appears people are getting that same attitude towards young singles in certain places, especially at carnivals.

The belief that you own your home. Real estate agencies nationwide have stuff like "why rent when you can own" and even "stop throwing away money on an apartment when you can live in your own house." It can't get any more deceitful than that! Once again, property taxes are not taxes at all; they are rents of land that are used for public purposes. Even decades after the mortgage is over, the rents of land still continue. Fail to pay them or fall behind on them, and the county government will evict you and order a "tax sale" on your house to get it's money. Not to mention the house can often stand vacant for months or even years, and then it becomes a target for gang bangers and drug dealers that then break into the vacant house and turn it into a drug/crack/meth lab, not to mention a recruiting place for new criminals who then do burglaries, robberies, and even shootings and homicides. And when that happens, the safety of the neighborhood can really plummet. When criminals see a house all totally boarded up, they know it's vacant. It's no wonder how communism can really destroy entire communities.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

America is the "least free nation "!!!!
I have to assume this remark is a result of vast ignorance of the rest of the world.
True many other countries allow for more individual liberty and freedom, but many other less than the USA. Been to Saudi Arabia lately?
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Farmer308 wrote:America is the "least free nation "!!!!
I have to assume this remark is a result of vast ignorance of the rest of the world.
True many other countries allow for more individual liberty and freedom, but many other less than the USA. Been to Saudi Arabia lately?
Well, obviously there are countries that you will want to avoid.

Saudi Arabia, because, even when it's 120 degrees outside, everyone is to be covered from head to toe, plus women are forbidden to drive at all in Saudi Arabia. And it is also illegal to be a born again Christian in Saudi Arabia.

North Korea, because, well you know, North Korea is more supermaximum security prison than country/nation. And it's illegal to be a born again Christian in North Korea; in fact, North Korean authorities will arrest and publicly execute a person for mere posession of a Bible, and even worshipping anyone and anything other than that prison country's tyrants Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il.

China, because it limits the number of children you can have.

India, because hygienic conditions there are terrible.

Cuba, because it is a dictatorship.

Zimbabwe, because it is a dictatorship. And it's illegal to complain about corruption in government.

Venezuela, because it has astronomical rates of violent crime (homicides, shootings, armed robberies, armed muggings, assaults, etc), and Venezuelan police are so corrupted and unresponsive to criminal activity that Venezuela may as well not have police at all.

Iraq, because it's a dangerous war zone.

Colombia, because there are too many totally unsafe areas there. And there are illegal drug cartels that operate in Colombia.

Afghanistan, because it is a dangerous war zone.

Pakistan, because it too is a dangerous war zone.

and Iran, because it is highly volatile and is looking literally on the verge of war.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

traveller wrote:#3 really stands out major! When you think about it, America is totally not the "land of the free" at all!
The main area of greater freedom in the West is the freedom of degenerates to act like degenerates without consequence. For example, sluts are free to spread their legs for passing dirtbags and have others pay the cost of raising or murdering their bastard offspring, blacks are free to inflict their odious presence on others via section ape and apeffirmative action placements and have their victims pay for them, faggots and other perverts are free to ram their perversions down everyone else's throats etc. So I suppose this is what the America First crowd is applauding. On the other hand, the freedom of decent people to lead normal lives is greatly curtailed.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

traveller wrote:
Farmer308 wrote:America is the "least free nation "!!!!
Well, obviously there are countries that you will want to avoid.

Saudi Arabia, because, even when it's 120 degrees outside, everyone is to be covered from head to toe, plus women are forbidden to drive at all in Saudi Arabia. And it is also illegal to be a born again Christian in Saudi Arabia.

North Korea, because, well you know, North Korea is more supermaximum security prison than country/nation. And it's illegal to be a born again Christian in North Korea; in fact, North Korean authorities will arrest and publicly execute a person for mere posession of a Bible, and even worshipping anyone and anything other than that prison country's tyrants Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il.

China, because it limits the number of children you can have.

India, because hygienic conditions there are terrible.

Cuba, because it is a dictatorship.

Zimbabwe, because it is a dictatorship. And it's illegal to complain about corruption in government.

Venezuela, because it has astronomical rates of violent crime (homicides, shootings, armed robberies, armed muggings, assaults, etc), and Venezuelan police are so corrupted and unresponsive to criminal activity that Venezuela may as well not have police at all.

Iraq, because it's a dangerous war zone.

Colombia, because there are too many totally unsafe areas there. And there are illegal drug cartels that operate in Colombia.

Afghanistan, because it is a dangerous war zone.

Pakistan, because it too is a dangerous war zone.

and Iran, because it is highly volatile and is looking literally on the verge of war.

Great points!!! But I would also like to add that in Saudi Arabia it is illegal to critical of Islam as a Saudi blogger recently had found out the hard way and was sentenced to ten years in prison and 1000 lashes!!!! In Thailand it is illegal to criticize or poke fun of the King of that country or go to jail.
josephty1
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty1 »

:wink:
Last edited by josephty1 on July 27th, 2018, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.