Blaming the economy for unemployment is now taboo

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Blaming the economy for unemployment is now taboo

Post by MattHanson1990 »

As we all know, it's very difficult to get a job domestically in today's post recession economy, especially for men. And the job market in America has gotten so bad now, that many guys can't even get low-paying dead end McJobs anymore. Here is what really pisses me off. You know how it's taboo to blame society for why many men in America can't get dates, and that they're only to blame themselves. Well guess what. Nowadays, blaming the economy or the society for why millions of Americans can't find work is taboo and politically incorrect. Now let's dig deeper into the taboo truth about the so-called economic "recovery" The news media always gives us the information that the job market is getting healthier, when in reality, the job reports from the government are mostly bogus. All the jobs that have been coming back since the Great Depression II of 2007-09 are service oriented, and more good paying jobs continue to either get outsourced overseas or automated. But because the politically correct fanatics are brainwashed by the media, if you blame the economy for why you don't even get selected for an interview, they will tell you "There are plenty of jobs. You're just not trying hard". It's exactly like people telling you "Oh you need confidence" or "you need to fix your self-esteem, dress better" when you tell them that you can't get a girlfriend, let alone a casual date. How much more dysfunctional can the society in America get?

Where I live, there are virtually no job opportunities, unless you're a scientist or a computer geek. Other than the laboratory, most of the jobs here in Los Alamos are low-paying dead end jobs, but even they can be hard to get; some of them require 2 years experience. Go figure.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Blaming the economy for unemployment is now taboo

Post by Cornfed »

MattHanson1990 wrote:As we all know, it's very difficult to get a job domestically in today's post recession economy, especially for men. And the job market in America has gotten so bad now, that many guys can't even get low-paying dead end McJobs anymore. Here is what really pisses me off. You know how it's taboo to blame society for why many men in America can't get dates, and that they're only to blame themselves. Well guess what. Nowadays, blaming the economy or the society for why millions of Americans can't find work is taboo and politically incorrect. Now let's dig deeper into the taboo truth about the so-called economic "recovery" The news media always gives us the information that the job market is getting healthier, when in reality, the job reports from the government are mostly bogus. All the jobs that have been coming back since the Great Depression II of 2007-09 are service oriented, and more good paying jobs continue to either get outsourced overseas or automated. But because the politically correct fanatics are brainwashed by the media, if you blame the economy for why you don't even get selected for an interview, they will tell you "There are plenty of jobs. You're just not trying hard". It's exactly like people telling you "Oh you need confidence" or "you need to fix your self-esteem, dress better" when you tell them that you can't get a girlfriend, let alone a casual date. How much more dysfunctional can the society in America get?
You could look at such people as representing the supreme form of maggoty submission to abusive authority. We are being genocided as a people and having all our resources stolen and everything of value in our countries destroyed in the meantime. These lickspittles are too cowardly to do anything about what is happening, so all they do is grovel to the foreign elites that are wiping out their society, turning their female into horrible sluts etc. by childishly insulting the immediate victims. Absolutely disgusting.
Where I live, there are virtually no job opportunities, unless you're a scientist or a computer geek.
There are still jobs for scientists and programmers there? Sounds like a utopia compared to everywhere else.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

MattHanson1990 wrote:As we all know, it's very difficult to get a job domestically in today's post recession economy, especially for men. And the job market in America has gotten so bad now, that many guys can't even get low-paying dead end McJobs anymore. Here is what really pisses me off. You know how it's taboo to blame society for why many men in America can't get dates, and that they're only to blame themselves. Well guess what. Nowadays, blaming the economy or the society for why millions of Americans can't find work is taboo and politically incorrect. Now let's dig deeper into the taboo truth about the so-called economic "recovery" The news media always gives us the information that the job market is getting healthier, when in reality, the job reports from the government are mostly bogus. All the jobs that have been coming back since the Great Depression II of 2007-09 are service oriented, and more good paying jobs continue to either get outsourced overseas or automated. But because the politically correct fanatics are brainwashed by the media, if you blame the economy for why you don't even get selected for an interview, they will tell you "There are plenty of jobs. You're just not trying hard". It's exactly like people telling you "Oh you need confidence" or "you need to fix your self-esteem, dress better" when you tell them that you can't get a girlfriend, let alone a casual date. How much more dysfunctional can the society in America get?

Where I live, there are virtually no job opportunities, unless you're a scientist or a computer geek. Other than the laboratory, most of the jobs here in Los Alamos are low-paying dead end jobs, but even they can be hard to get; some of them require 2 years experience. Go figure.
First American women love to tell men they have nobody to blame but themselves, and then society tells American men they again have nobody to blame but themselves for failure to get a job.

Society is really making America look to guys like a nationwide boot camp! Even like as seen here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGCxY-PgjcM
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Oh, I forgot to add this automated cliché PC fanatics give to the unemployed. They'll also tell you that "You should follow up after you apply/after the interview". Personally I haven't tried following up after I submitted an application or after an interview. But have any of you attempted to follow up with the hiring manager, only to get bounced around between departments or get voicemail? I have heard that happen with at least one job seeker.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2020, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Ghost wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:Oh, I forgot to add this automated cliché PC fanatics give to the unemployed. They'll also tell you that "You should follow up after you apply/after the interview". Personally I haven't tried following up after I submitted an application or after an interview. But have any of you attempted to follow up with the hiring manager, only to get bounced around between departments or get voicemail? I have heard that happen with at least one job seeker.
Generally a waste of time. Best case scenario is usually having a higher chance of being remembered, so that next time they can tell you, "Oh, yes, I remember you. No, we still don't have any openings."

Now, in China as a teacher, it has worked for me. I've kept up with a few people I interviewed with, and they've recently messaged me practically begging me to take their jobs. Quite a pleasant turnaround.
As far as women being favored in the American job market, it appears it's mostly the incompetent ones who are getting hired and then promoted. I met a single mother here in Los Alamos this past summer not long after I returned from Mexico. I also found out she dropped out of high school. Recently, she got a job as a bank teller. And yet all I got were just 2 interviews. Keep in mind I'm not dating this girl.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

The biggest problem I've had for jobs here in the States was the application process, especially for bigger stores, is generally a psychological evaluation looking for a specific type of person. Big half hour long questionnaires to determine your personality and any possible mental disorders. I filled out an application for an auto part store and it had questions like "Sometimes I feel lonely. I like shooting guns. I like playing tennis. I have lots of friends." And this is even besides the questions ostensibly related to employment, ie, "if a customer does..." And for those types of things, following up is 100% useless. Following up can be useful IF there is a traditional paper application, but if it's a centralized computer one, 100% useless.

As far as Cornfed always talks about, with scum being preferred, it does seem accurate, thinking back. I applied to a job at Radio Shack a while back, in 2011. The manager interviewing me thought I was an idiot for going in wearing dress shoes and dress pants, and said "you're wearing nicer shoes than me..." The interview ended basically, at a test of, "Tell me about this phone..." I replied back "well, I don't know much about it..." Then he said "Just tell me it has a big screen, that it's awesome, whatever. Yeah, see, you need to learn to bullshit better." And after that, the interview basically ended.

As far as other scum, I really even wonder as well whether or not even things like correct spelling and grammar on an application are counted as negatives as well. I went through my state's disability job finding agency (Aspergers diagnosis) and the guy helping me find a job, when he wrote up a resume for me, it had multiple misspellings throughout.

But anyway, things aren't very good here, yes.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Men that are struggling to find jobs should move to areas where there are lots of factories and get a job in a factory.Factory jobs are generally the best way to go for a guy that is uneducated,doesn't have the resume/experience/training to get a better job, and doesn't want to work retail or fast food jobs. If you get on at a factory you can make decent money and get good benefits. And sometimes a factory will even pay for you to go to trade school to learn how to fix robots and machines and there's tons of money to be made in that. My area has tons of automotive sector factories and they are adding new jobs and building new facilities all the time.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Oh, I forgot to add this automated cliché PC fanatics give to the unemployed. They'll also tell you that "You should follow up after you apply/after the interview". Personally I haven't tried following up after I submitted an application or after an interview. But have any of you attempted to follow up with the hiring manager, only to get bounced around between departments or get voicemail? I have heard that happen with at least one job seeker.
I used to follow up with jobs and my experience was that it annoyed them and made them angry. Also, has anyone noticed how companies always tell you they will call you to let you know their decision and they never do?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

My brother has a Masters Degree and he can't even get a job at McDonald's. LOL. The U.S. is f**ked.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

zboy1 wrote:My brother has a Masters Degree and he can't even get a job at McDonald's. LOL. The U.S. is f**ked.
You see? THIS is an actual problem with the west. Everyone wants someone who is megaqualified, and can't be arsed to train anyone. They want a taxi cab driver that can explain calculus, or a waitress that has a masters in biology, or a line cook with a doctorate. What is with this unbalance? I think it's applies mainly to the western and southern parts of the US. It seems like the north/northeast still has SOME sense left and actually enjoys hiring people who fit the bill evenly.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Blue Murder wrote:
zboy1 wrote:My brother has a Masters Degree and he can't even get a job at McDonald's. LOL. The U.S. is f**ked.
You see? THIS is an actual problem with the west. Everyone wants someone who is megaqualified, and can't be arsed to train anyone. They want a taxi cab driver that can explain calculus, or a waitress that has a masters in biology, or a line cook with a doctorate. What is with this unbalance? I think it's applies mainly to the western and southern parts of the US. It seems like the north/northeast still has SOME sense left and actually enjoys hiring people who fit the bill evenly.
Actually, there's the other problem of over qualification as well.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

GoingAwol wrote:Also, has anyone noticed how companies always tell you they will call you to let you know their decision and they never do?
I've noticed that myself. The Smith's grocery store I had an interview said they would call me like the next day, and they never did; then I got a rejection letter after four weeks of waiting for a response. Another thing I noticed is that even with connections, there's no guarantee. My former case manager who I had in middle school referred me to a choral accompanist position at a church (not the same one I was a guest accompanist at). I had an interview with them, and even they didn't contact me when they said they would.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MattHanson1990 wrote:I've noticed that myself. The Smith's grocery store I had an interview said they would call me like the next day, and they never did; then I got a rejection letter after four weeks of waiting for a response. Another thing I noticed is that even with connections, there's no guarantee. My former case manager who I had in middle school referred me to a choral accompanist position at a church (not the same one I was a guest accompanist at). I had an interview with them, and even they didn't contact me when they said they would.
The interesting thing there is that if it had been the other way around and you had arranged to contact them and not done so, they would almost certainly have thought "Wow, this guy is a jerk, no wonder he is unemployed..." while at the same time having no self-image other than that of well organized, courteous people who were employed through their own copious merits. I guess people these days are just scum mostly.