How is this website happierabroad?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

How is this website happierabroad?

Post by ryanx »

A selection from the latest 100 topics:

Poll: Is pandabear a troll?

Justification for the migrant invasion

Cancer Curing Doctor Found Shot Dead

Why Winston was an asshole to AnAmericaninBangkok

World War 3 Could Start This Month

The Great European Rape Migration

Scalia dies

Woman in California sets her 7 year old daughter on fire

Woman in California murdered her 8 month old son

The Holocaust is a load of bull

Negative Interest Rates Spreading Across the World

Nanking Massacre

Hitler was the Antichrist

Has anyyone noticed this website has mutated to become a place of doom and gloom and conspiracy theories? How does Hitler being the antichrist have anything to do with being happier abroad?

Can anyone please tell me how I can be happier abroad?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How is this website happierabroad?

Post by zboy1 »

White nationalists have basically taken over this forum, Lol. Wouldn't a shit website like Stormfront be better for them?

I'll occasionally post, but most of the people who used to post are actually living abroad and living their life, while most of the posters here are moaning about things--and not doing anything about it.
Vendri
Freshman Poster

Post by Vendri »

Neo-Nazis/White Supremacists seem to be moving in. They even hijacked something Winston had said on here, put it on Stormfront, and twisted it into suit their agenda. I would not be surprised if they are trying to infiltrate and/or derail the site...bunch of desperate basement-dwelling fools who could not get laid even if they tried.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Trip reports have always been a small fraction of the site. Of course I would like to see more. It's sad that for data on cities I often need to peruse roosh forums. Pretty much any city you type into their search will turn up a couple threads. I suspect the difference is that men here have truly dropped out of society, job and all. Where as roosh guys are productive parasites that still believe in having a job to support their sex addictions.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote:White nationalists have basically taken over this forum, Lol. Wouldn't a shit website like Stormfront be better for them?
I'll occasionally post, but most of the people who used to post are actually living abroad and living their life, while most of the posters here are moaning about things--and not doing anything about it.
Something is true with this comment, I think, about 70 percent of all threads or follow-up comments are nothing but off-topic, troll-like comments etc. etc.

However I always consider not enough moderation better than over-moderation. At least this forum is active, while over-moderation brings a forum down because of declining activity.

See 'orientexpat.com' for the best example, which could be a nice niche-forum.

In this HA-forum moderation does exist to some extent however, but it is very slow reacting and reluctant to remove comments and users who are really nothing but an annoyance.

How is this website happierabroad? Yes, there are threads about 'living happier abroad', look around - however this forum needs also a technical overhaul, the possibility to post pictures/galleries, a chat option etc.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Well, it remains the fact, that you are living somewhere in China, I am living in Japan, other members are living in the Philippines etc.
We have for sure experience about a place, or country, which others do not have, merely because we are living abroad as foreign expats among locals.

Of course we report more likely negative aspects, of both the country we are living now and the country we are coming from.

I am not really into writing of long 'trip-reports'.
However if somebody is asking me, what is good about Japan, or what is good about my native country, I surely will reply to such questions.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

ryanx wrote:A selection from the latest 100 topics:

Poll: Is pandabear a troll?

Justification for the migrant invasion

Cancer Curing Doctor Found Shot Dead

Why Winston was an asshole to AnAmericaninBangkok

World War 3 Could Start This Month

The Great European Rape Migration

Scalia dies

Woman in California sets her 7 year old daughter on fire

Woman in California murdered her 8 month old son

The Holocaust is a load of bull

Negative Interest Rates Spreading Across the World

Nanking Massacre

Hitler was the Antichrist

Has anyyone noticed this website has mutated to become a place of doom and gloom and conspiracy theories? How does Hitler being the antichrist have anything to do with being happier abroad?

Can anyone please tell me how I can be happier abroad?
Pretty damn simple- the sorts of people that see the grass as greener on the other side believe that the place they're currently at is falling to pieces. The user base here is incredibly small, so there aren't a wide variety of people to write trip reports, plus many people here are malcontents rather than actual travelers. If we had 300 regularly traveling members and each one went on one big trip a year and wrote a report, that'd be 300 trip reports per year. Instead we've got a small group of people that have gone abroad and stayed there that are largely quiet or have already said what there is to say about their experience, a small group of people that have gone abroad but are too broke to do so again, and a moderate group of people that just aren't doing a damn thing but complaining.

Being happier abroad is simple: Acquire a passport. Save some cash. Go. That's it. Get a job teaching English in a country you like, start a web-based business you can sustain yourself off of, or save enough money that you can live off the interest. Just figure out a way to survive once you get there, and make sure you pick a place with a culture you find suitable, and you're all set.