Some HA members are doing us a big disservice

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Some HA members are doing us a big disservice

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Newlifeinthephilippines isn't the only HA member doing us a big disservice, there were several others doing so as well. You may remember a few months ago when Darrell Johnston was accusing us of overgeneralizing, recommending us that we practice with women back home before going overseas, and told us to go for "strong independent" women instead of "exploiting poor women". Now, two members on the Facebook group are being a disservice, just by telling people to write off a certain country all because they had bad experiences and they assume anyone who goes to that particular country will have bad experiences. Ugh. One of them is a Ukrainian man, and he's telling me over and over to write off Mexico because he had bad experiences himself and thinks I will also only have bad experiences. Why write off a country just because someone else has bad experiences?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Some HA members are doing us a big disservice

Post by Yohan »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Why write off a country just because someone else has bad experiences?
To write off a country requires some research by yourself, only to listen to someone else who had bad or good experiences is surely not enough.

The next step would be, after you made a decision, to check it out yourself. Nowadays it is easy to get on an airplane and tickets are not so expensive as they have been in the past. Visa procedures are also easier for many countries compared to only 10 to 20 years ago.

I do not think however it is a 'disservice' if any member is writing about his bad experiences while traveling overseas.