In America you are socially engineered to work only

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
International Gringo
Freshman Poster

In America you are socially engineered to work only

Post by International Gringo »

I live about 8 months in the USA for work. I work in education so I get 3 months off for summer (that i spend in Asia mostly the Philippines), i get one month off in December/January (spend that in the Dominican Republic) and one week off for Spring Break (i try to choose a new country to travel to). I live a pretty low profile life here in California where all I pretty much do is work and rest. Ive noticed that most Americans here are overworked (many working over 50 hours a week) and have very little energy left over to do anything else after work. As a 38 year old male, I am not interested in dating women my age (which is what America expects me to do). I did get lucky and found me a 24 year old woman from Honduras who just got into the country. We dated for 8 months but she worked two jobs as a waitress (roughly 60 hours a week) and she was attending an english class full time to learn english. I was only able to see her at weird times (like after midnight when she got off of work) and then I would have to go to work myself in the morning for my job with only a few hours of sleep. She was almost never available on the weekends. I received an email from her last month telling me that she didnt have the energy or time to see me anymore and that she wanted to return to Honduras as soon as she made enough money from her jobs because she was overworked and stressed here in the states. She would always complain how Americans live for work and had very little else to live for. Although she is correct, i wouldnt be surprised if some high earning white knight came into her job and told her that he would marry her so she can have papers, give her a kid and make her a stay home mom while they live off of his one income. I dont have any proof of this but i do know that the American dating scene is horrible for men and the young attractive women here always have the opportunity to upgrade. But getting back to the topic. I am stuck here in California for the one week Thanksgiving break and im going nuts because there isnt shit to do except to go to the gym. My friends are all working themselves, i tried hitting up a strip club yesterday around 3pm which was closed, i find myself taking drives on the beach or driving to the hood to look at the crack hookers (about the closest thing to resemble Fields Ave in Angeles City, lol). Even if you find a dime piece on the street you cant talk to her if your a law abiding citizen because one arrest for solicitation of prostitution can ruin you in this country. So my question is "Do you think America is designed this way on purpose to just work". With our high divorce rate we are not even a nation that values family anymore.
You can work your life away or you can live your life away

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: In America you are socially engineered to work only

Post by OutWest »

International Gringo wrote:I live about 8 months in the USA for work. I work in education so I get 3 months off for summer (that i spend in Asia mostly the Philippines), i get one month off in December/January (spend that in the Dominican Republic) and one week off for Spring Break (i try to choose a new country to travel to). I live a pretty low profile life here in California where all I pretty much do is work and rest. Ive noticed that most Americans here are overworked (many working over 50 hours a week) and have very little energy left over to do anything else after work. As a 38 year old male, I am not interested in dating women my age (which is what America expects me to do). I did get lucky and found me a 24 year old woman from Honduras who just got into the country. We dated for 8 months but she worked two jobs as a waitress (roughly 60 hours a week) and she was attending an english class full time to learn english. I was only able to see her at weird times (like after midnight when she got off of work) and then I would have to go to work myself in the morning for my job with only a few hours of sleep. She was almost never available on the weekends. I received an email from her last month telling me that she didnt have the energy or time to see me anymore and that she wanted to return to Honduras as soon as she made enough money from her jobs because she was overworked and stressed here in the states. She would always complain how Americans live for work and had very little else to live for. Although she is correct, i wouldnt be surprised if some high earning white knight came into her job and told her that he would marry her so she can have papers, give her a kid and make her a stay home mom while they live off of his one income. I dont have any proof of this but i do know that the American dating scene is horrible for men and the young attractive women here always have the opportunity to upgrade. But getting back to the topic. I am stuck here in California for the one week Thanksgiving break and im going nuts because there isnt shit to do except to go to the gym. My friends are all working themselves, i tried hitting up a strip club yesterday around 3pm which was closed, i find myself taking drives on the beach or driving to the hood to look at the crack hookers (about the closest thing to resemble Fields Ave in Angeles City, lol). Even if you find a dime piece on the street you cant talk to her if your a law abiding citizen because one arrest for solicitation of prostitution can ruin you in this country. So my question is "Do you think America is designed this way on purpose to just work". With our high divorce rate we are not even a nation that values family anymore.
You might ask yourself, which america you live in. I see you live in the California rat race America. Its a big country. Live someplace where kids call their mother mama and things change.
Of course, the war on the middle class in the USA has caused a lot of stress across the country. The Progressive left and business interests have worked since 1980 to open the floodgates of illegal and legal immigration, which not surprisingly, coincides exactly with the beginning deteriorating living standards for the middle class. The last 8 years have seen the fastest rate of middle class destruction in America since 1930. Not exactly front page on the main stream news, is it? When you combine that with the nonstop push to be maximum consumers, well, you are looking at the results. We are spending our time stateside in a small Oregon town. When we drive through LA on I-5, we think, "you would have to be NUTS to live here!" All of the worst of America is amplified in California. It wont cure your life, but living in Cal is crazy, especially the Southern Cal shithole.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

In America and other western countries your socially engineered to do every activity not just work. From the food you eat, to the clothes you wear, hobbies, goals, values etc.. You think the decisions you make are your own but the reality is they were implanted into your brain. That's why so many people from western countries don't discover who they really are until after they move to a third world country where they have more freedom of thought.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I was wondering why you didn't just marry the girl from Honduras, so you can have someone to hang out with when you aren't working instead of driving around looking at hookers. If she were married to you and lived with you, she could just work a nice light part-time job and cook some Honduras food for you when you get home. What is that? Corn tortillas with veggies in them, maybe? When you put a baby in her, she could quit the part-time job. Instead of going to other countries, you could just spend a lot of time in Honduras right there in California.
International Gringo
Freshman Poster

Post by International Gringo »

im assuming your being sarcastic. It is a huge risk for any American man to marry in this country and even double the risk marrying an illegal immigrant for papers. If an American male marries a foreigner, he is accountable for his wife for 10 years whether they are together or not. So lets say we break up after 2 years, she finds a new boyfriend and gets impregnated. I am now accountable for her financial well being and the well being of her kid that isnt even mine. Plus my option of going overseas would now be destroyed and i would be forced to live America working away as a slave. No thank you
You can work your life away or you can live your life away
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Shit yeah! There was a book by Max Weber on that (someone on here suggested him to me, in fact). You see, the Puritans (the Christian equivalent of the Taliban, from what I hear) thought that work was God's appointed mission for you in life, that it would bring you salvation, and that enjoyment was a sin. Convenient, huh? This is, I think, where the belief that whatever "doing your job" consists of is innocent. It's like that with more or less anything that smacks of task accomplishment, I've noticed.

Americans are very quick to do what someone else tells them to do as long as that other person seems to completely be in support of themselves. IF that person seems 100% self-supportive, they seem to back down. I guess there's no perceived ability to "hi-jack" them & that's a non-started for some people. There's a huge propensity toward trying to "run" something- whether it's operating people or operating equipment, they're always trying to "run" something. I think that's the root of "pindoism," as the slur "pindo" is frequently apt (a mild slur for Americans that seems to mean a kind of hapless creature that's very dependent on all kinds of gadgets & gizmos).
ezinho
Freshman Poster

Post by ezinho »

International Gringo wrote:I am stuck here in California for the one week Thanksgiving break and im going nuts because there isnt shit to do except to go to the gym. My friends are all working themselves, i tried hitting up a strip club yesterday around 3pm which was closed.
Lol, yeah I had the same idea to hit up a strip club yesterday, went to the international auto show in SF and after I wanted to see some naked chicks, only two girls were working the daytime shift! Even to get a lap dance in this country, you have to compete with a ton of men. Luckily I got a Filipina who took care of me in the back, but still, why does this country have to suck so bad for chicks?
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Welcome to the dreaded America! A restricted all-work-no-play zone! And it's only getting worse. A lot worse! In 1995, you could easily live working 40 hours a week. But in 2016, you're barely scraping by working 80, yes even 90 hours a week! Before you know it, Trump will cause hyper inflation to the point where Americans are getting, on average, no more than 4 hours of sleep; they will be working 120 hours a week, even up to 150 hour weeks; soon you would have to work the hypothetical equivilent of even 350 hours a week to get anywhere near the life possible with 40 hours a week in 1995. Already, there are foreign countries in which people see the US dollar as nothing but worthless paper.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Wolfeye wrote:Shit yeah! There was a book by Max Weber on that (someone on here suggested him to me, in fact). You see, the Puritans (the Christian equivalent of the Taliban, from what I hear) thought that work was God's appointed mission for you in life, that it would bring you salvation, and that enjoyment was a sin. Convenient, huh? This is, I think, where the belief that whatever "doing your job" consists of is innocent. It's like that with more or less anything that smacks of task accomplishment, I've noticed.
I work with some men from foreign countries and they tell me, "America is a work prison camp" and "America is Auschwitz without the gas chambers." The US is a place where you make money and have no fun.

You have to work a lot just to pay your bills. I was working three jobs for two straight years during the heart of the recession just to survive. Then I was working two jobs for six straight years just to be able to pay my bills.

No wonder why people can't wait to retire, you then can finally get out of the rat race and have the free time to have some fun. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Paragraphs.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

I don't think it is just America. It is the Anglo Saxon work ethic they brought over. The British are the same. I found in south America it is the land of siesta. They have no work ethic. The French as wellong with their 35 hr work week.

I got so frustrated in south America with the laziness.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

In Germany the standard work week is 35 hours. Plus Germans get 6 weeks paid vacation a year and 12 paid holidays.

By comparison, the American standard work week is 40 hours, (with many Americans working 50 to 60 hours a week). Also, Americans get 1 or 2 weeks paid vacation a year and only 6 to 8 paid holidays.

Germanys economy is doing better than the US economy right now.

Some countries (like Germany) simply have a better work life balance than America does.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

BS. People choose to "work" (serve thieves and traitors) for long hours because they want lots of money. They want to have nice things like their friend or neighbor. Americans choose greed, gluttony and envy. I guess, I am getting the smack laid down on me because I have chosen pride, wrath and lust. Doesn't seem to matter whether you are good or not.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Citizen: Americans frequently don't choose to do that. Sometimes it's like that, but there's also working to make ends meet & also because it's just the pace of things.

Americans also get all twitchy about someone having a pocket knife but not a cop with 30 pounds of weapons & 3 ounces of accountability that is plenty likely to be your enemy if you defended yourself from the guy with the pocket knife (which the cop also has).

There's not a lot of sense to things here. It seems there's a disdain for being honest, although it's craved.

It seems they like the idea of revolutions & surviving perilous times, but don't want laws against weapons or their use to decrease.

They get all pissed off when someone f***s them over to get ahead at work, but they argue like a defense attorney for someone that attacks them or their family, saying they're "just doing their job."