I hate Christmas songs

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

I hate Christmas songs

Post by droid »

I thought going to the other side of the globe would allow me not to hear Christmas songs again.
But they play them here with a vengeance, from Whams' Last Christmas in different versions , through Jingle Bells, all the way to Dolly parton's versions. Over and over.

Forget water boarding, this is probably what they use in Guantamo :roll:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: I hate Christmas songs

Post by Kradmelder »

I'm listening to an old version of Stille Nacht, O du froehliche and a few others recorded in the 1930s. Male choir. You will never that played and it is non PC and probably banned as it is the Nazi SA chor :lol:

That would get the Jews riled up so that even their cash registers coining 6 million shekels from Christians wouldn't stop the wailing :lol:

Do you miss going to church Christmas eve to sing caroles? Real old traditional ones, not these modern coca cola Christmas songs. Johan might enjoy it and get homesick :lol: But these days he probably wouldn't hear Stille Nacht, just, Mohammed! Allah Akbar from loudspeakers on every street corner at sunset :lol:
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Imagine getting one of those CD's full of Xmas songs as a present lol?
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Kradmelder wrote: Do you miss going to church Christmas eve to sing caroles?
I like the one that goes.... Silent Night, Holy Night, Filipina's make good wives. :)
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Zambales wrote:
I like the one that goes.... Silent Night, Holy Night, Filipina's make good wives. :)
LOL. Complete blasphemy. Sies man. :lol: The C of E will label you a Catholic heretic :lol:
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Kradmelder wrote:I'm listening to an old version of Stille Nacht, O du froehliche and a few others recorded in the 1930s. Male choir. You will never that played and it is non PC and probably banned as it is the Nazi SA chor :lol:
I picture you laying the needle on the old vinyl, light up a pipe and recline, sip on the Whisky. Once Christmas is over you go back to Wagner haha.
Kradmelder wrote:Do you miss going to church Christmas eve to sing caroles? Real old traditional ones, not these modern coca cola Christmas songs. Johan might enjoy it and get homesick :lol: But these days he probably wouldn't hear Stille Nacht, just, Mohammed! Allah Akbar from loudspeakers on every street corner at sunset :lol:
Well if it's legitimate traditional stuff that's ok, but these repetitive/commercialized themes are one of the worst aspects of the judeo-christian or rather, zio-anglo 'Broadway' culture so to speak. The whole thing is an odd mix of pagan and Christian things together with consumerism.
And Asians playing this all over malls and cafes doesn't make sense. Again, i'm open minded, but the repetition is torture.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

droid wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:I'm listening to an old version of Stille Nacht, O du froehliche and a few others recorded in the 1930s. Male choir. You will never that played and it is non PC and probably banned as it is the Nazi SA chor :lol:
I picture you laying the needle on the old vinyl, light up a pipe and recline, sip on the Whisky. Once Christmas is over you go back to Wagner haha.
Kradmelder wrote:Do you miss going to church Christmas eve to sing caroles? Real old traditional ones, not these modern coca cola Christmas songs. Johan might enjoy it and get homesick :lol: But these days he probably wouldn't hear Stille Nacht, just, Mohammed! Allah Akbar from loudspeakers on every street corner at sunset :lol:
Well if it's legitimate traditional stuff that's ok, but these repetitive/commercialized themes are one of the worst aspects of the judeo-christian or rather, zio-anglo 'Broadway' culture so to speak. The whole thing is an odd mix of pagan and Christian things together with consumerism.
And Asians playing this all over malls and cafes doesn't make sense. Again, i'm open minded, but the repetition is torture.
No man, my stuff is on mp3! :mrgreen:

I also can't stand that canned christmas music that you get even in shopping centres, Why would the asians submit themselves to this. The bulk of them are not even Christian.

I don't do the commerical christmas with tree and BS. My ex would do that but she is anglo. Just Christmas eve caroles and dinner, braai christmas day. But given family situation, like this year the kids are at their mother and back on tuesday,so we will have our christmas eve dinner on the 27th. What is even worse is Old Years Eve. I despise it and try be asleep before midnight.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Kradmelder wrote:
Zambales wrote:
LOL. Complete blasphemy. Sies man. :lol: The C of E will label you a Catholic heretic :lol:
I'm sure God has a sense of humour. After all, he did create mankind. :)
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

droid wrote: I picture you laying the needle on the old vinyl, light up a pipe and recline, sip on the Whisky. Once Christmas is over you go back to Wagner haha.
enough Christmas music. But no Wagner Carl Woitschach Blas Orchester:

Gefällt dir meine grüne Tracht,
du Mädchen mit rosigen Wangen?
Mir sagt dein Auge, das schelmisch lacht,
dein Herz hat Feuer gefangen.
Ich gebe dir, was ich geben kann;
der Liebe lachenden Lohn.
Ich bin ein lustiger Jägersmann
vom Oelser Jägerbataillon.

Die Büchse blitzt, es kracht der Schuss
getroffen hab ich heute dreimal ins Schwarze, wie ich muss,
das war 'ne Herzensfreude. Und der Herr Hauptmann
gibt mir dan ein Fässhen Bier zum Lohn.

Johan can translate if he is in the Christmas spirit. But he will cringe, or I can. But tomorrow morning :mrgreen: If not after christmas when i want to think in english again :mrgreen:

Basically ladies do you like my green jacket? My shot rings out true and straight and the captain rewards me with beer :mrgreen: Enough of english for now :mrgreen:

Johan will cringe more when he learns Erika was redone in afrikaans as a song for young school children :mrgreen: my kids can sing it, as well as Viktoria
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

droid wrote:I thought going to the other side of the globe would allow me not to hear Christmas songs again.
But they play them here with a vengeance, from Whams' Last Christmas in different versions , through Jingle Bells, all the way to Dolly parton's versions. Over and over.

Forget water boarding, this is probably what they use in Guantamo :roll:
So....you must be in PI? Welcome to my Christmas season nightmare, starts in SEPTEMBER here! :lol:

Yeah, I heard the various AWFUL renditions of Last Christmas, over and over every friggin store I went to. Now it will probably be worse that George Michael just died.

I always F with the cashiers and sales women/men and ask if they've gone crazy yet or if they have all the lyrics memorized by now. Stuff like that. Most of the time they don't get what I'm actually saying because their English is so limited nowadays and this is in Metro Manila area too, not provincial cities.

I pretty much just constantly wear headphones wherever I go to block out the annoying music they play in the stores.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

And here we go again... :x

Ironically, the only place to escape from this would be the north pole itself -Antarctica is off-limits as per the flat earthers lol :P
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

So what would be some non-boring Christmas songs?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

They're not that bad, wham's song is actually pretty good. But the repetitive, commercial aspect is what ruins it. And if we ask the strictly religious guys here, these are just diabolical pagan songs lol, not representative of the true Christmas spirit.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

droid wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 12:39 am
They're not that bad, wham's song is actually pretty good. But the repetitive, commercial aspect is what ruins it. And if we ask the strictly religious guys here, these are just diabolical pagan songs lol, not representative of the true Christmas spirit.
Once when I was doing a lesson in Asia I cited John Lennon’s So this is Christmas and I can’t really remember, but maybe Stevie Nix’ Silent Night. Some student commented that they were boring, and to non-English speaking audiences (and to some extent objectively) they are. I’m just interested. What would you put in their place? I am going to try to think of something.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Zambales wrote:
December 23rd, 2016, 5:02 am
Imagine getting one of those CD's full of Xmas songs as a present lol?
I was in the bank yesterday and they had a box for customers to donate Xmas gifts to under privileged kids.

In the box was a cuddly bear, a toy car, a bunch of games and a few other kiddie things......and a CD with Xmas songs by..... um......Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc :roll: