Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Heightism vs. Weightism; Which one is worse?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

mattyman
Freshman Poster

Heightism vs. Weightism; Which one is worse?

Post by mattyman » January 6th, 2017, 2:08 am

Hi all,

Something peeved me recently on a youtube video that I can't remember the name or or the link, but what was said by a woman disgusted me; 'height is a sign of better genetic quality'. Although I'm not a short guy myself and have never had any concerns of being judged by height, that attitude makes me feel disgusted.

Although I find slimmer women more attractive than portly women, I would never say anything like 'slimmer women are of better genetic quality'. Even if my reptile brain thinks so, I think it's a nasty thing to think, and it's not even true. If attraction was that absolute, we wouldn't enjoy the beauty and diversity we enjoy today? Who am I to say such a thing, who are they to say such a thing? As if they're some grand arian race (what they're like to get on with as people is what I'd be more curious to find out)?

Weight is at least something that's controllable, height isn't. Awkwardness, career situation, and other variables that might influence the opposite sex are all controllable, height isn't. That's what makes me so cross about heightism, and this is a tall blond English guy who's not even worried about being on the receiving end. This one handicap that men are worried about being judged negatively by is not controllable.

EDIT
With weight, I am better than a lot of those c**ts, I know people get overweight through patterns that become established over time that can be changed, their reasons can be related to. If I'm prepared to take the time to get to know a woman and not judge her by her cover, I would expect there to be women out there who would get to know me and not judge me by my book cover. I think that's a fair principle to live by.

Why feminazis might hate this (good)
The fact that this is a male-specific handicap, some might use that as grounds to label someone who brings-up what I've said as sexist (especially if they are guilty and feel that they're being called-out on it), and use all that nonsense to de-validate the argument altogether. I will respond; tell me some female specific issues that don't apply to men that I could bring-up rather than being aggressive little shit-face, then I might take my time to empathise with you. Otherwise, detention, the lot of you, femi-harpies.

People who think that it's not worth getting to know someone because of their height or weight, shame on you! People who think that they're not even worth talking to, double shame on you!

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Heightism vs. weightism; which one is worse

Post by Adama » January 6th, 2017, 7:45 am

Try not to get upset over one woman's opinion. Focus on the women who find you attractive, not the ones who find you unattractive. Chances are there is more negative than positive. There is no sense in focusing your attention on women who aren't interested.

Besides that remember that a large percentage of people are insane. Why does the opinion of an insane person matter to you?

Even if height matters to some, it doesn't matter to others. Height doesn't indicate better genes. It just makes the woman feel more womanly because the man has more of a masculine trait in abundance. We know tall people are not superior, because if they were, everybody would be tall. Just as if the sexual selection of women preferring tall men over short men were true, then there would be almost no short people on earth. There would be upward "genetic pressure" for millions of years already.

And you could make the argument that shorter men are better, because they appear more muscular with less muscle mass on them.

True attraction happens in the soul. It doesn't happen just with the eyes or in the brain. Stop worrying.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Heightism vs. weightism; which one is worse

Post by Adama » January 6th, 2017, 7:50 am

mattyman wrote: If I'm prepared to take the time to get to know a woman and not judge her by her cover, I would expect there to be women out there who would get to know me and not judge me by my book cover. I think that's a fair principle to live by.
I used to work with this Peruvian American man. He is probably 5'2''. Last year I went to his engagement party. He is going to marry this beautiful Filipina American woman. Now she is pretty even by most people's standards, even for those who aren't particularly into Asians or SEA.

Nothing special about him either. They work the same job. He is not rich. He is not tall. He told me he thinks he even has dyslexia. He is also chubby with a potbelly and lives in his parents' house with his brother. They are both in their mid 20s.

She didn't even know what he looked like when she agreed to go out with him. She said she didn't even care about looks in general.
mattyman wrote: Something peeved me recently on a youtube video
See that's your problem. Giving too much credence to fools you already know are fools. Stop focusing on it. You're feeding this stuff to your brain, which is in turn directing your thoughts down the wrong path.

Nailer
Freshman Poster

Re: Heightism vs. Weightism; Which one is worse?

Post by Nailer » January 13th, 2017, 1:57 pm

I think a lot of guys get insecure about one thing, but the truth is no matter who you are, AW love cutting down your self-esteem. Even if you are good at bedding good-looking women, you will still encounter a lot of "negging", even from girls less attractive than you.
Coming back to life.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder » January 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm

Nailer wrote:I think a lot of guys get insecure about one thing, but the truth is no matter who you are, AW love cutting down your self-esteem. Even if you are good at bedding good-looking women, you will still encounter a lot of "negging", even from girls less attractive than you.
Do you really care what women think? They neg everyone
I dont much care as long as i can dump my sperm in their mouth. Then they are quiet.
Last edited by Kradmelder on January 13th, 2017, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer » January 13th, 2017, 4:40 pm

I'm saying that rejection by AW is not a good barometer of your sexual attractiveness.
Coming back to life.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Heightism vs. Weightism; Which one is worse?cal

Post by momopi » January 14th, 2017, 12:30 am

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder » January 14th, 2017, 5:35 am

There is also your race and environment. If you are chinese 5 ft 8 79 kg is probably very tall and a big man. In SA or northern europe it is not.

Even amongst one race what is tall can vary. Greeks and portuguese are largely short and slim built. I find people in the uk short and small build.

MrMan
Veteran Poster

Post by MrMan » January 14th, 2017, 10:14 am

The woman is doing men a favor by letting them know the way she thinks, so they can eliminate her from serious consideration.

I can understand a woman wanting a man who is taller and bigger than her. I think that is natural. A lot of women have a desire for their male mate to be more powerful than they are. We shouldn't discourage that. But women who feel that way should not insult short men. She can date only tall men if she wants to and gets asked out.

I don't think it's wrong for a man only to ask women he finds attractive out. When I was single, if a woman was outside of the thin or normal range, she was definitely out of my consideration set. I wouldn't want to marry a woman I did not find attractive. If my wife asked me 'Do you think I'm attractive?', I want to honestly be able to say 'yes' instead of 'No, you are too fat for me to consider you physically attractive, but you have a nice personality.'

Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer » January 15th, 2017, 11:57 pm

The two biggest players I have ever known were extremely good looking short guys with positive attitudes.
Coming back to life.

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern » January 20th, 2017, 2:06 am

mattyman wrote:Hi all,

Something peeved me recently on a youtube video that I can't remember the name or or the link, but what was said by a woman disgusted me; 'height is a sign of better genetic quality'. Although I'm not a short guy myself and have never had any concerns of being judged by height, that attitude makes me feel disgusted.
:roll: at 1:20
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujZqUdVGSg[/youtube]
Women talk a LOT of crap, often just to see what's on offer. :roll:
The real proof is in who they reproduce with.

mattyman wrote:Although I find slimmer women more attractive than portly women, I would never say anything like 'slimmer women are of better genetic quality'. Even if my reptile brain thinks so, I think it's a nasty thing to think, and it's not even true. ...
One day your reptile brain will slip one past the filter. :wink: :lol:
Some middle-aged-donut-goblin will catch you off guard one day, asking what kind of women you like.
You'll absentmindedly say something like
"young, childless, weights what she ought to." :lol:

I'll just say the reaction some women have to rejection (intended or not) is a memorable experience. :shock:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

re85with
Freshman Poster

Post by re85with » January 25th, 2017, 11:15 pm

Weightism is worse even though I do not 100% know what 'weightism' means. Is it the same as weight?

When it comes to a beautiful woman (especially a foreign woman), I do not care much about her height. I do like some tall women. I also like some women who are curvy but not too big/heavy. I have a link of a Colombian woman who is curvy but really sexy, feminine, lovely, and gorgeous.

http://www.ilovelatins.com/gallery/Onli ... 060744.htm

Her name is Adelna. I cannot stop looking at her hot pictures. I would like to date another Colombian or Dominican woman like her.
I am so passionate about foreign women and international dating that I have created a blog called:

foreignloveweb.wordpress.com

yick
Junior Poster

Post by yick » January 27th, 2017, 10:44 am

You can lose weight, you can't get taller.

In fact, you can build a nice physique with a bit of effort and the right diet, there is no real need to be a fat c**t :lol:

Buy a weights set - 100kgs of weight and a bench, a barbell and two dumb bell handles and you're set.

If you are short, it's a bit more of a dilemma where to get those extra inches.

I am in China, women care about height more than anything else. If you are six foot and overweight - a fair few Chinese women
would dig that in a (Chinese) man.

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest » January 27th, 2017, 7:38 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:
mattyman wrote:Hi all,

:roll: at 1:20
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujZqUdVGSg[/youtube]
Women talk a LOT of crap, often just to see what's on offer. :roll:
The real proof is in who they reproduce with.

mattyman wrote:Although I find slimmer women more attractive than portly women, I would never say anything like 'slimmer women are of better genetic quality'. Even if my reptile brain thinks so, I think it's a nasty thing to think, and it's not even true. ...
One day your reptile brain will slip one past the filter. :wink: :lol:
Some middle-aged-donut-goblin will catch you off guard one day, asking what kind of women you like.
You'll absentmindedly say something like
"young, childless, weights what she ought to." :lol:

I'll just say the reaction some women have to rejection (intended or not) is a memorable experience. :shock:

There are chubby chasers out there... More power to them if they want to climb on that. For most men, skinny hot chicks are best. I married one, and have never regretted it. High metabolism and high sex drive go together.
Yes, those "big boned" women think that men have some obligation to date them or marry them. Don't say things like, "No thanks, im not into fat-assed whales" .
Better just to slip out the back Jack, and run for your life.

Really, the heightism weightism thing is just left wing progressive nonsense. If im fat, too skinny, too tall, too short, whatever, no one has some obligation to like me.
Life is not fair, and if you wont seize and run with that, go back to downing your moon pies and chowing out at KFC.

MrMan
Veteran Poster

Post by MrMan » January 28th, 2017, 10:43 am

I believe when it comes to choosing a spouse it is not immoral to discrimination based on:

race
color
religion
creed
political preferences
height
weight
looks
body type or shape
facial features
hair color
tattoos
choice in clothing
hygeine
sexual orientation
sexual experience.

You are choosing someone to look at every day, have sex with at night, to have children with, and to raise children with together, Does anything else belong in my list?