After 8 years of plutonic dating a FW, I got friendzoned

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: After 8 years of plutonic dating a FW, I got friendzoned

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Friendzoning has happened to most of us. They way I deal with it is to drop them if my romantic interest is rejected.

Women friendzone men to keep them as beta orbiters and to exploit them for favors and resources. The false hope of the men keeps them hovering around the female friend indefinitely.

Alan Roger Currie is the master of being upfront and straightforward with women EARLY. If they are friendzoning, drop them and just charge it to the game.

I recommend Currie's books which are groundbreaking on the subject.
Yes, for being the first time that a foreign woman friendzoned me, this is a blow to my ego; I cannot deny that fact. I am in the latter stage of "charging it to the game" because that's exactly what has to be done in order to move on and move strong(-ly). Thanks for the book recommendation. :-) P.S.: even before reading his book, I know about being frank and succinct without being so curt, but for some reason, Adrianna was seemingly different. There was something mesmerizing about her femininity, hygiene, curves, and her tenacity towards me.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I think you did yourself no favours, Irizarry, by dragging your feet for such a long period. Eight years is a very long time for someone to put their life on hold like this woman presumably did. Because of this she probably thought you weren't that serious about her which forced her to make a decision resulting in you being friendzoned.

I also think that you've entered the zone which is common amongst us humans where you now want something you can't have.

Ask yourself this. If she hadn't friendzoned you, would you have been as eager to be with her? If the answer is no, which I guess it will be, the outcome is the right one because if you really did like her, eight years wouldn't have elapsed and the relationship would be at a far more advanced stage.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Hero wrote:What the Hell, dude. You put up with a girl who wouldn't even let you French-kiss her for EIGHT YEARS??? I dump a girl if I haven't done that by the third date!
Okay let me explain what probably hasn't been explained:
She and I only hung out in person only three times in eight years: once the first time we met in 2009, the second time was a week and half ago, the third and last time was 5 days ago. Yes, common sense would say by the third date (let's say within a month or so period), would be to dump her.
The 3 strike rule only applies to women you just want to pomp. A decent one, that sees something more in you, you won't get in there in 3 dates. Those are the ones worth pursuing and keeping, but there has to be more to them than sex and withholding it. They must have more to offer. If they do, they will hold back sex so you see them as a person. If you only see the body then yes 3 strikes and out. That is the vast majority of women.

My latest one is the first one I didn't get in there first time or by 3 dates.took 3 weeks of courting her. Like dinners, daily chats and learning about each other. And she hasaid plenty to offer more than a hole. Own career, yet still does all the traditional woman things and looks after her man in and out of bed. No jealousy. Encourages me to keep going out on bikes with mates, doesn't check my phone or snoop etc. Total trust. Notice I have much positive to say not only her body and looks.

Notice you only comment on her curves and hygiene and not kissing. That should speak volumes to you. Find one you really want to be with not just for sex. In the meantime pomp but don't get involved. And stick to coloured women :P

Good luck. Losing this one will work out for the best. She wasn't right for you. You had to hide lots and still wanted to sleep with others with no guilt. She is right. You are not compatible.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Zambales wrote:I think you did yourself no favours, Irizarry, by dragging your feet for such a long period. Eight years is a very long time for someone to put their life on hold like this woman presumably did. Because of this she probably thought you weren't that serious about her which forced her to make a decision resulting in you being friendzoned.

I also think that you've entered the zone which is common amongst us humans where you now want something you can't have.

Ask yourself this. If she hadn't friendzoned you, would you have been as eager to be with her? If the answer is no, which I guess it will be, the outcome is the right one because if you really did like her, eight years wouldn't have elapsed and the relationship would be at a far more advanced stage.
With all respect, you sound like you are an advocate for marriage. Marriage is for poor/poorer people. However, although I'm not rich, I did consider that if everything worked out (e.g. good sex, cooked for me at home - none which happened), then I would have moved forward to marry her. That's why I came to Colombia to find out what's going on. Hey, you might be right; it may have taken so long to "put a ring on it". I'm moving on, and I have learned.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Kradmelder wrote:
Hero wrote:What the Hell, dude. You put up with a girl who wouldn't even let you French-kiss her for EIGHT YEARS??? I dump a girl if I haven't done that by the third date!
Okay let me explain what probably hasn't been explained:
She and I only hung out in person only three times in eight years: once the first time we met in 2009, the second time was a week and half ago, the third and last time was 5 days ago. Yes, common sense would say by the third date (let's say within a month or so period), would be to dump her.
The 3 strike rule only applies to women you just want to pomp. A decent one, that sees something more in you, you won't get in there in 3 dates. Those are the ones worth pursuing and keeping, but there has to be more to them than sex and withholding it. They must have more to offer. If they do, they will hold back sex so you see them as a person. If you only see the body then yes 3 strikes and out. That is the vast majority of women.

My latest one is the first one I didn't get in there first time or by 3 dates.took 3 weeks of courting her. Like dinners, daily chats and learning about each other. And she hasaid plenty to offer more than a hole. Own career, yet still does all the traditional woman things and looks after her man in and out of bed. No jealousy. Encourages me to keep going out on bikes with mates, doesn't check my phone or snoop etc. Total trust. Notice I have much positive to say not only her body and looks.

Notice you only comment on her curves and hygiene and not kissing. That should speak volumes to you. Find one you really want to be with not just for sex. In the meantime pomp but don't get involved. And stick to coloured women :P

Good luck. Losing this one will work out for the best. She wasn't right for you. You had to hide lots and still wanted to sleep with others with no guilt. She is right. You are not compatible.
Thanks, man. I commented more than just her physical. I also pointed out how tenacious in attention she had shown towards me. I understand your last couple of sentences, but there are plenty of couples that are compatible because he kept it hidden and took care of home. That's the difference between the culture you grew up in where it's more monotony-oriented if I'm right.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

In Hispanic culture, it's a quasi-polyamory society. In Mormon society, it's a blatant-polygamy society, so it would all depend.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Zambales wrote:I think you did yourself no favours, Irizarry, by dragging your feet for such a long period. Eight years is a very long time for someone to put their life on hold like this woman presumably did. Because of this she probably thought you weren't that serious about her which forced her to make a decision resulting in you being friendzoned.

With all respect, you sound like you are an advocate for marriage.
Whether I am or I'm not is totally irrelevant. What matters here was that both of you had to be singing from the same hymn sheet. Who knows? She could have friendzoned you ages ago without you knowing or recent events may have been her way of extracting a reaction from you.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Zambales wrote:

Whether I am or I'm not is totally irrelevant. What matters here was that both of you had to be singing from the same hymn sheet. Who knows? She could have friendzoned you ages ago without you knowing or recent events may have been her way of extracting a reaction from you.
The fact that the two of them cant talk to each other about what the real issue is, he thinks he is friend zoned so blocks her, she thinks they don't want the same things and is maybe just trying to pressure him to commit to the same things, seems that you are correct, they are not 'singing from the same hymn sheet' or geeting their needs across. They are not really communicating. She hasn't blocked him so hasn't written him off. He does have a chance to contact her, sort of apologise for overreacting and discussing what is the difference and do they have a future if he makes some move. If she insists on marriage, simple, agree we don't want the same things and move on. My current one told me I have no filter :lol: I am just open about anything. I told her look, sticking around with no sex is difficult for me, althogh I am doing it, as I am constantly frustrated because Im very physically attracted to you. I have temptation and opportunities all around me and I feel constantly guilty for thinking of it when I am seeing you. If I only wanted sex i would have been long gone. So I Got rewarded and the relationship progressed beyond all expectation. Sometimes you just have to put your cards on the table and take that risk of being told to F off. She will see you are a man, stand up, lead her, and are not afraid to speak your mind. Women know men think of sex. They just want to know you would much prefer the sex being with them. Maybe Irizarry can still salvage something. 8 years is a lot to write off if he likes her. She will also see that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote: There was something mesmerizing about her femininity, hygiene, curves, and her tenacity towards me.
Something about that struck me as funny.... Mesmerizing hygiene.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

MrMan wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote: There was something mesmerizing about her femininity, hygiene, curves, and her tenacity towards me.
Coloured women usually smell of brandy, wine, fish and chips and bunny chow......so mesmerising hygiene would be a selling point :lol: :lol:
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

This whole thread is retarded.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Zambales wrote:

This may be very true that she has. Thanks for your comment.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Kradmelder wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Coloured women usually smell of brandy, wine, fish and chips and bunny chow......so mesmerising hygiene would be a selling point :lol: :lol:
Your euphemisms are satirically-funny. hahahaa Thanks.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Cornfed wrote:This whole thread is retarded.
This shows that we men can come together to comfort each other. It's amazing that this is bigger than our creed, race, and personal difference in likes in life; women can really be our arch-nemesis, and we realize this via unity here.
I appreciate you guys because you guys could have simply ignored hearing me complain. No matter how vapid, shallow, and outright bad women are, I have a biological liking for them. We men always continue to deal with that no matter what else happens.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
I always have an uncanny usage of pairing the most eclectic words together to make sense. lol