Friendships in America are a joke!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Friendships in America are a joke!

Post by Mercury »

You might see her a lot at nightclubs. She may bartend at your favorite bar. She may be a waitress at your favorite restaurant. She may be a classmate in your favorite class. You may be friends on Facebook. You may share a hug now and then.

But when she moves on with her life, gets a new job, graduates, and such, that's it, the friendship is over! Try to arrange a get together with her and her friends on Facebook and she will delete and/or block you. Run into her while shopping or whatever and try to interact with her, and she'll either pretend like she never met you, or she'll complain and get you in trouble.

And I'm talking about casual friends here, not boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. And this website really hit the nail right on the head where it says that friendships in America are superficial and fleeting, mostly a facade. And they really are! Friendships in America are nothing more than just a facade. Literally like just a front wall. No roof, no side or back walls, no corners, and no solid foundation either. And poorly anchored enough to where a wind as low as even 25 miles per hour will knock it right down.

And here is more proof that American friendships are fake and fleeting.

In most foreign countries (France, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, etc), if you are feeling sad, depressed, or down in the dumps, chances are, you will be comforted and consoled by someone. You will likely be hugged, held in embrace, and consoled. If you are in tears, even if you are a guy and you are being comforted by a woman, she may even hold your face against her shoulder and cradle you in full embrace until you stop crying. And even run her hand up and down your back, too.

In America, if you are feeling sad, depressed, or down in the dumps, you will be harshly scolded, alienated, deliberately avoided, slandered, and even threatened. I'm sure even some of you remember being even threatened in an American school with detention for crying because someone hurt you, your favorite class was cancelled due to an assembly, early dismissal, fire drill, etc, or even because you enjoy school and the school year is over. American culture literally kicks, steps on, and tramples all over people that are down and depressed, all while the rest of society walks around with their noses pointing a full 90 degrees straight up in the air. In America, people are expected to live as hermits and be happy and joyful about it. America is a hermit culture. They find out you are truly depressed and down in the dumps, they don't try and comfort you themselves, nor do they offer to hang out with you, go to the movies, introduce you to people, and such. Instead, they put you on toxic, harmful drugs that do more harm than good. Or they tell you to look to God/Jesus as if He were Santa Claus.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

CB8
Freshman Poster

Re: Friendships in America are a joke!

Post by CB8 »

I always found it funny how people would act like best friends on the job but as soon as a person leaves the workplace the friendship is over. You'll ask the former employee's friend how so-and-so is doing and he'll say they don't talk anymore. The "friendship" was just a tool to advance their careers, and once a person leaves the job they're considered worthless.

That's why I've always never cared about making friends at work. I know it's fake. The other person knows it's fake. But for some reason, everyone in the workplace wants to pretend that we actually care about each other. Even to the point for going out together, getting gifts for each other, and doing things that genuine friends would actually do for each other. But again, once someone leaves, it's like they're dead to everyone. It's so bizarre and depressing.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

I never believed in "Friends" sitcom even before all this came out from Americans like 20 years ago or so.

I could feel the fakeness in Friends TV series right here from India. Real friends do not that sh*t.

The problem for Americans is not respecting the "Conspiracy Theorist" who could pull them out of their misery. They still believe the government structure or nothing at all.

America has nothing for humanity whatsoever...It's a JEW LAND. Its Jewnited Snakes of America.

Winston would be termed as a "Conspiracy Theorist" a word coined by CIA.

But he is the only one who can save Americans with sites like HappierAbroad.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Most people just want to feel like they are better than somebody else. They need a group of losers to point at, so they can feel like winners. One way they do this is by assigning a person value based upon the number of friends they have. The more friends a person has, the more desirable and awesome they're supposed to be. I don't know how they figure this, but this sense of fame is what many people are seeking after, just being friends with lots of people. Therefore they are more worthy of friendship by definition than other people. And you're a loser if you have no friends (there must be something wrong with you) [/sarcasm].

But the friendships themselves are empty. If they are women, the friendship revolves around make up, Justin Bieber and fashion. If they are men, the friendships revolve around beer, the NFL and either filthy stories about previous exploits with women or actively chasing sluts.

Now if you have not been invited to the party, that means that you're somehow different. That's a blessing. It might be nice to be surrounded by tons of empty headed people, but only if you yourself are empty headed along with them. If you are a deeper level person then you're probably too deep for most people.

I also think that sometimes we expect more from people than what they can give. Sometimes these people can't muster more than the most superficial friendship because they're simply not deep, asleep at the wheel, simple-minded, and there's not much going on in there, even though they're really intelligent people otherwise.

I don't even want to be friends with people, to be honest. At least not more than is required for networking and to be courteous at work.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

CB8 wrote:I always found it funny how people would act like best friends on the job but as soon as a person leaves the workplace the friendship is over. You'll ask the former employee's friend how so-and-so is doing and he'll say they don't talk anymore. The "friendship" was just a tool to advance their careers, and once a person leaves the job they're considered worthless.

That's why I've always never cared about making friends at work. I know it's fake. The other person knows it's fake. But for some reason, everyone in the workplace wants to pretend that we actually care about each other. Even to the point for going out together, getting gifts for each other, and doing things that genuine friends would actually do for each other. But again, once someone leaves, it's like they're dead to everyone. It's so bizarre and depressing.
This seems to be a purely american thing. At work here people are just civil. No false friendliness, or if become friends it is genuine. We often have lunch braais together, pray together at joint meals etc. We generally don't go out together though as work and pleasure are separate. A few times a year we have family functions. All of them i know the wives and kids, some I have been to their home, but only the ones I've worked with a long time. We tend to employ white conservative right wing christian men and don't worry about PC BS. No slut secretaries, just conservative old fashioned polite ladies. Our HR lady screens their facejew and if they look like party types, liberal, race mixers, too much time on facejew etc we don't interview them.

I still greet friends from former work, and sometimes go for a beer.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Kradmelder wrote:
CB8 wrote: Our HR lady screens their facejew and if they look like party types, liberal, race mixers, too much time on facejew etc we don't interview them.
Of course itfthey weren't of Facejew in the first place you wouldn’t even consider them. It is clear that you are a lackey of the Jews. It is clear from your posts that SA was long ago conquered by the Jews and it just remains for those of us left to reconquer it when you maggots are gone.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

CB8 wrote:I always found it funny how people would act like best friends on the job but as soon as a person leaves the workplace the friendship is over. You'll ask the former employee's friend how so-and-so is doing and he'll say they don't talk anymore. The "friendship" was just a tool to advance their careers, and once a person leaves the job they're considered worthless.

Totally true! Once someone leaves, even leaves your favorite restaurant, bar, tavern, or what not, it's like that person has even passed away into eternity. And if that person has left without warning, it's like you missed that person's wake/funeral. It is very depressing indeed.

Especially for instance, you go to this really great restaurant (let's say Hooters) and you have this really beautiful waitress whom we'll call Melissa. Every time you go to Hooters, you get Melissa as your waitress. Her service is excellent, she even remembers you every time. Your usual meal with Melissa is a Hooters burger and 3 orders of cheese sticks. And let's say you even become friends with Melissa on Facebook.

But one day, you go to Hooters and notice that Melissa is not there. You ask your waitress and she tells you that Melissa has quit. That hits very hard, even enough to knock your appetite way down so you can only take a cheeseburger but no cheese sticks at all. You have your meal, pay your bill, and leave possibly never to return to that Hooters ever again. You email Melissa through Facebook and tell her that you miss her at Hooters. She doesn't reply at all. Then weeks later you email her through Facebook and ask her if she'd like to get together with you. Hours later you go back on Facebook only to find Melissa missing from your "Friends" list. You look her up, and find that she has unfriended you. Bummer! Or worse, Melissa does not even show up in your search results! You go to your secondary Facebook account, look her up, she shows up there, and you realize; Melissa has not only unfriended you, she blocked you from her Facebook!

It's like Melissa passed away, and you missed her wake/funeral.

That is one sure way to end up really depressed and down in the dumps! Melissa has not only moved on with her life, but she has cut you completely off. It's like the only thing worse than that is the following scenario; you are shopping at Wal Mart one day. And you run right into Melissa in the arts and crafts aisle. And you know for sure that it is really Melissa. You say; "Hi Melissa, how are you doing?" and she says a quick "Hi" and rushes off like she does not even remember you. Or she ignores you. Or worse, she walks off and then about 3 minutes later, store security approaches you and tells you that a woman complained that you were bothering her. You explain that you knew Melissa from Hooters, that she was your waitress, but they tell you that Melissa told them that she does not want you near her, that you were bothering her. Now you're on the verge of tears. You leave Wal Mart empty handed and head home where you break down and cry. And you know nobody is even going to want to comfort you. Not your cousin, not your closest high school friend, and not Melissa.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Mercury wrote:

Totally true! Once someone leaves, even leaves your favorite restaurant, bar, tavern, or what not, it's like that person has even passed away into eternity. And if that person has left without warning, it's like you missed that person's wake/funeral. It is very depressing indeed.

Especially for instance, you go to this really great restaurant (let's say Hooters) and you have this really beautiful waitress whom we'll call Melissa. Every time you go to Hooters, you get Melissa as your waitress. Her service is excellent, she even remembers you every time. Your usual meal with Melissa is a Hooters burger and 3 orders of cheese sticks. And let's say you even become friends with Melissa on Facebook.

But one day, you go to Hooters and notice that Melissa is not there. You ask your waitress and she tells you that Melissa has quit. That hits very hard, even enough to knock your appetite way down so you can only take a cheeseburger but no cheese sticks at all. You have your meal, pay your bill, and leave possibly never to return to that Hooters ever again. You email Melissa through Facebook and tell her that you miss her at Hooters. She doesn't reply at all. Then weeks later you email her through Facebook and ask her if she'd like to get together with you. Hours later you go back on Facebook only to find Melissa missing from your "Friends" list. You look her up, and find that she has unfriended you. Bummer! Or worse, Melissa does not even show up in your search results! You go to your secondary Facebook account, look her up, she shows up there, and you realize; Melissa has not only unfriended you, she blocked you from her Facebook!

That is one sure way to end up really depressed and down in the dumps! Melissa has not only moved on with her life, but she has cut you completely off. It's like the only thing worse than that is the following scenario; you are shopping at Wal Mart one day. And you run right into Melissa in the arts and crafts aisle. And you know for sure that it is really Melissa. You say; "Hi Melissa, how are you doing?" and she says a quick "Hi" and rushes off like she does not even remember you. Or she ignores you. Or worse, she walks off and then about 3 minutes later, store security approaches you and tells you that a woman complained that you were bothering her. You explain that you knew Melissa from Hooters, that she was your waitress, but they tell you that Melissa told them that she does not want you near her, that you were bothering her. Now you're on the verge of tears. You leave Wal Mart empty handed and head home where you break down and cry. And you know nobody is even going to want to comfort you. Not your cousin, not your closest high school friend, and not Melissa.
Sounds like a true event and that you fell in love with this "Melissa". If I'm right, it's best not to read too much into women being pleasant to you, especially in the customer service sector. It's their job to be nice - or should be. If they sense you fancy them and the feeling's not mutual some will just banish you to the creepzone whereas others will string you along just for kicks.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Adama wrote:Most people just want to feel like they are better than somebody else. They need a group of losers to point at, so they can feel like winners. One way they do this is by assigning a person value based upon the number of friends they have. The more friends a person has, the more desirable and awesome they're supposed to be. I don't know how they figure this, but this sense of fame is what many people are seeking after, just being friends with lots of people. Therefore they are more worthy of friendship by definition than other people. And you're a loser if you have no friends (there must be something wrong with you) [/sarcasm].
Very true. I've even heard people bragging about how many facebook friends they have. Kind of sad really because gauging friendship based just on online interaction is foolish and naive. In my experience it usually takes about two years of regular contact in the flesh to know someone well enough.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Zambales wrote:
Adama wrote:Most people just want to feel like they are better than somebody else. They need a group of losers to point at, so they can feel like winners. One way they do this is by assigning a person value based upon the number of friends they have. The more friends a person has, the more desirable and awesome they're supposed to be. I don't know how they figure this, but this sense of fame is what many people are seeking after, just being friends with lots of people. Therefore they are more worthy of friendship by definition than other people. And you're a loser if you have no friends (there must be something wrong with you) [/sarcasm].
Very true. I've even heard people bragging about how many facebook friends they have. Kind of sad really because gauging friendship based just on online interaction is foolish and naive. In my experience it usually takes about two years of regular contact in the flesh to know someone well enough.
This is about right and it is the reason the shelf life of relationships with women is about 2 years. As you mature and you learn to see through them faster it drops to about 6 months. Few women have the ability to fool you longer than that.

To 'know' them in the biblical sense is a few days :mrgreen: . Many men friends pass that 2 year test, and I have many far beyond that. Few women do. Surpisingly, the ones that can pass that, you can see it very quick because they don't start off with the usual feminine charades.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Zambales wrote:

That's true. But I remember, even before everyone was on FB, in person, that's how some people I worked with gauged themselves and others. If you don't have friends then pretty much you're a loser who deserves bad things to happen to you. Almost like "karma" in a sense, because you're an undesirable.

As for FB, I worked with people who try to befriend everyone, even people they meet in hostels. I've heard of people friending people they meet in airport waiting areas. It's all about how many likes you have.

And that just made me remember, back in MySpace was popular, I met two guys from a class who invited me to join, and the first thing one guy said to the other about me was, "We're the only two on there." Meaning I didn't have any other MySpace friends, which was supposed to mean something.

People are looking at how popular you are, how many friends you have, how confident you seem, and using all those things to assess where they want to place you. Are you going to be placed immediately in the trash, since you don't have the stamp of approval of hundreds of friends? OR do you have lots of friends already, and therefore you're approved and worthy, and welcomed into the circle.

It's like you need a track history for friendship to be admitted, like a Fraternity, or a job at Kradmelder's office.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Kradmelder wrote:
Zambales wrote:
This is about right and it is the reason the shelf life of relationships with women is about 2 years. As you mature and you learn to see through them faster it drops to about 6 months. Few women have the ability to fool you longer than that.

To 'know' them in the biblical sense is a few days :mrgreen: . Many men friends pass that 2 year test, and I have many far beyond that. Few women do. Surpisingly, the ones that can pass that, you can see it very quick because they don't start off with the usual feminine charades.
Yep. Relationships differ from friendships because women are usually quicker off the blocks to throw their shit around lol.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Adama wrote:
Zambales wrote:

That's true. But I remember, even before everyone was on FB, in person, that's how some people I worked with gauged themselves and others. If you don't have friends then pretty much you're a loser who deserves bad things to happen to you. Almost like "karma" in a sense, because you're an undesirable.

As for FB, I worked with people who try to befriend everyone, even people they meet in hostels. I've heard of people friending people they meet in airport waiting areas. It's all about how many likes you have.

And that just made me remember, back in MySpace was popular, I met two guys from a class who invited me to join, and the first thing one guy said to the other about me was, "We're the only two on there." Meaning I didn't have any other MySpace friends, which was supposed to mean something.

People are looking at how popular you are, how many friends you have, how confident you seem, and using all those things to assess where they want to place you. Are you going to be placed immediately in the trash, since you don't have the stamp of approval of hundreds of friends? OR do you have lots of friends already, and therefore you're approved and worthy, and welcomed into the circle.

It's like you need a track history for friendship to be admitted, like a Fraternity, or a job at Kradmelder's office.
It's quantity over quality with these guys. I'd much rather have 3 loyal friends that I could trust than to have 300 "friends" that I couldn't.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mercury wrote:In America, people are expected to live as hermits and be happy and joyful about it. America is a hermit culture. They find out you are truly depressed and down in the dumps, they don't try and comfort you themselves, nor do they offer to hang out with you, go to the movies, introduce you to people, and such. Instead, they put you on toxic, harmful drugs that do more harm than good. Or they tell you to look to God/Jesus as if He were Santa Claus.
America is a "hermit culture" where everybody hides in their houses and only leave their homes to go to work or to go shopping. Most people in the US don't even know who their neighbors are and they don't want to get know their neighbors either.

People in America tend to be cliquish and only socialize with people they already know, they hate meeting new people. You need to meet women through your friends or else you probably won't meet any women.

The same thing is true in all English speaking countries from what other posters on this board have said who live in the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Mercury wrote: Especially for instance, you go to this really great restaurant (let's say Hooters) and you have this really beautiful waitress whom we'll call Melissa. Every time you go to Hooters, you get Melissa as your waitress. Her service is excellent, she even remembers you every time. Your usual meal with Melissa is a Hooters burger and 3 orders of cheese sticks. And let's say you even become friends with Melissa on Facebook.

You fell for the good'ol AI trick.

People in these Alternative Forums would THINK that with so many heart breaks, there is definitely a third party involved.

I'm in India and this EXACT scenario plays out lot here.

------------------Lets say this Melissa is real

Even before you met Melissa, it was decided that, the AI will break you guys up and break your heart.

Melissa didn't leave the job the very NEXT DAY. She left, AFTER you fell for her...So this AI gave you sometime to fall in love with her, otherwise, there wouldn't be any heart breaks.

Then to crush you even more, it gave you all details on her, so that you can get her on Facebook only to find that she unfriended you and blocked you...How Diabolical....

You think this is Natural?...You think God did this?

This same scenario happened to another member E Irizarry R&B Singer , who made a post here..just the context has changed

Read this

So my friend blocks me because I cursed her out for not.....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35135&p=285423#p285423

----------------------------

You wouldn't give a F, if a random girl blocks you, I block you...your heart needs to be involved before the AI breaks you.

Every human on earth is tracked and scenarios are created so that good hearted folks like you gets a broken heart and release negative energy for this AI to survive and move higher up in dimensions.

You Just Got Raped by Artificial Intelligence and the sad thing is 99.99% of humanity don't know about it

We are all led to believe...heart breaks are natural but there are millions of heart breaks happening as I write this all over the world...same MO....boy meets girl...girl leaves, guy tries again, girl blocks him :mrgreen:

Don't blame Melissa..She was not given enough time to know you better....She pre-judged you because of lack of time..What if you guys got together, got married in Pure Love and had Babies...that would be like an Angel that would threaten the darkness itself :D

if every guy met her soul mate, we would already be in heaven...we just need 10% humanity to find our soul mates and the law of attraction would make sure, rest of us would find it too.

----------------

If you don't want your heart gets broken again. Make sure, your girl stays 100 meters away from any electronic devices aka SmartPhone.

A girl who is often ONLINE is not the one for you. She is claimed and out there to break hearts.

The best girl on earth is the one who does not own a phone or laptop. :D