Customers are "randos"

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Customers are "randos"

Post by Nailer »

Everywhere I go, I am seeing a pattern that the general public, attendees, or customers are seen as "randos" (randoms) who are considered sketchy / the enemy / untrustworthy. They are outsiders, and are always treated in a distrustful and patronizing manner.

If you are an employee of some type, a volunteer, or otherwise part of an event, you are seen as an "insider". You are trusted, respected, and treated well. If you are an outsider you are invisible.

Insiders do not mix with outsiders, except under extraordinary circumstances.

This is how guys who make sandwiches for a living have hotter girlfriends and more options than doctors, lawyers, and engineers. It's not that their personality is just so great they don't need money, they are just in the employee clique and you are not. Having a full-time 9-5 job makes you "boring". Not only does having a good career count for nothing, it actually hurts you. College and career are the pathway to celibacy.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Customers are "randos"

Post by gsjackson »

The regression to solipsistic infantilism proceeds apace. The womb you are in is obviously the one you belong in.

Primarily an American phenomenon, I hope.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Nailer wrote:Everywhere I go, I am seeing a pattern that the general public, attendees, or customers are seen as "randos" (randoms) who are considered sketchy / the enemy / untrustworthy. They are outsiders, and are always treated in a distrustful and patronizing manner.

If you are an employee of some type, a volunteer, or otherwise part of an event, you are seen as an "insider". You are trusted, respected, and treated well. If you are an outsider you are invisible.

Insiders do not mix with outsiders, except under extraordinary circumstances.

This is how guys who make sandwiches for a living have hotter girlfriends and more options than doctors, lawyers, and engineers. It's not that their personality is just so great they don't need money, they are just in the employee clique and you are not. Having a full-time 9-5 job makes you "boring". Not only does having a good career count for nothing, it actually hurts you. College and career are the pathway to celibacy.

Maybe you are just witnessing how people treat people they know versus strangers. I would imagine the US is rather low on in-group collectivism, since it is low on collectivism. Asian cultures tend to be more collectivist.

Do you know a very attractive girl who works in a sandwich shop? Maybe the lesson is that men who date women tend to meet them in some situation where they can actually interact. Some men try to pick up women on the street or in bars. I've never done that, but it is probably a lot harder than getting to know a woman in a context where you are part of the same group.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Right, and there are no social scenes in America with a lot of attractive women. The only way you can meet them is to go to a mediocre college in the southern part of the country, or to work in the bar/restaurant industry. If you went to school north of Las Vegas, or went to a good school, you are out of luck. Anything else is "pickup" and is going to have an abysmal success rate.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Nailer wrote:Right, and there are no social scenes in America with a lot of attractive women. The only way you can meet them is to go to a mediocre college in the southern part of the country, or to work in the bar/restaurant industry. If you went to school north of Las Vegas, or went to a good school, you are out of luck. Anything else is "pickup" and is going to have an abysmal success rate.
A couple of decades back or more, I went to the University of Georgia campus, and there were a lot of very attractive women walking around. That's a large university that is reasonably highly ranked. I've seen it on a 'public Ivy' regional list. Maybe your college campus comments are more characteristic of north of Las Vegas territory than they are of the south.

Or the Freshman girls could all be 20 lbs. heavier now than when I visited the campus.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Nailer, I see the opposite. All the Americans I meet (when they are overseas) are educated successful professionals. All are married. The times I went to usa the unhappy celibate ones are the ones with dead end jobs and no proper qualifications. The Internet also abounds with these. Why do you not see educated professionals whining they have no women?

The celibate ones filling the mano Fago sphere are those that are losers with women and losers within society who don't have the skills and ability to make a proper career or business. So all they do is slate all society and all women. It is not that they drop out. It is that they can't make it in due to shortcomings in themselves, granted there are forces operating against traditional conservative white men.

It is far more productive to figure ok this is what it takes. I am a white man and they will never keep me down. Then go out and beat the system. Quitting never achieves anything. If you think a job in a sandwich shop is the key to success in life, go get one. But you know this is not true.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

That is very strange. On the west coast, I always see the hot ones with good personalities go with the guys who are in close proximity. I see dudes with no future banging women hotter than what Manhattan lawyers can ever hope to have. On the plus side, it truly means these women do not care about money, but goddamn why am I wasting my time working a good job? Am I seriously the only person who sees this? The best and hottest women in America work in the food service industry and have sex with and marry men who make $12/hour making sandwiches.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Nailer wrote:On the plus side, it truly means these women do not care about money
Or that they accept that they are married to the government and this is the equivalent of banging the milkman.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

What age group are you talking about? Teen girls might do this but would a 25 yo looking to settle go for such trash men? I m sure it exists. But it is below the radar as I don't luck at such women. The stench of the gutter is enough to know you don't want to step in there.

But it doesn't matter as such women you don't want anyway. They will end up single women and used up sluts.ignore them and look elsewhere to a better quality woman. Look higher and you will see them. You won't find them amongst the trash you are seeing now.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Kradmelder wrote:What age group are you talking about? Teen girls might do this but would a 25 yo looking to settle go for such trash men? I m sure it exists. But it is below the radar as I don't luck at such women. The stench of the gutter is enough to know you don't want to step in there.

But it doesn't matter as such women you don't want anyway. They will end up single women and used up sluts.ignore them and look elsewhere to a better quality woman. Look higher and you will see them. You won't find them amongst the trash you are seeing now.
18-29. Basically, as long as they are attractive to men. Am I the only one who sees this?

Why on earth would a 25 year old be looking to settle? What planet are you from? This concept is completely alien to me. I literally cannot conceive of a 25-year-old girl who wants anything other than to hang out with her friends, go to shows, and have fun.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Cornfed wrote:
Nailer wrote:On the plus side, it truly means these women do not care about money
Or that they accept that they are married to the government and this is the equivalent of banging the milkman.
I think this is an interesting idea, but honestly the entirety of their interaction with the government is filing for their tax return each year. I think they are more married to the government / corporate / media establishment, which I am at a loss to describe because we don't really have the language to describe.

Does no one else seriously see this? I feel like the west coast must be a different world.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I see it to some extent. it's of a piece with being terrified by the big world out there, and quite certain one doesn't have the skills of various types needed to thrive in it. So you stay within the psychic protection of whatever little cocoon you happen to be in. It's the 'Friends' TV show model of personal relations.

This has taken a large toll on dating/romance. There will be no more eyes of strangers meeting across a crowded room, because those eyes are either glued to the phone -- the virtual cocoon -- or safely ensconced in the co-worker cocoon. Dating is only within the cocoon.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

gsjackson wrote:I see it to some extent. it's of a piece with being terrified by the big world out there, and quite certain one doesn't have the skills of various types needed to thrive in it. So you stay within the psychic protection of whatever little cocoon you happen to be in. It's the 'Friends' TV show model of personal relations.

This has taken a large toll on dating/romance. There will be no more eyes of strangers meeting across a crowded room, because those eyes are either glued to the phone -- the virtual cocoon -- or safely ensconced in the co-worker cocoon. Dating is only within the cocoon.
That's a funny thought. I literally cannot conceive of an attractive man and woman making eye contact and approaching one another and hitting it off as individuals, without a complicated web of pre-approved friends-of-friends validation.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Kradmelder wrote:Nailer, I see the opposite. All the Americans I meet (when they are overseas) are educated successful professionals. All are married. The times I went to usa the unhappy celibate ones are the ones with dead end jobs and no proper qualifications. The Internet also abounds with these. Why do you not see educated professionals whining they have no women?

The celibate ones filling the mano Fago sphere are those that are losers with women and losers within society who don't have the skills and ability to make a proper career or business. So all they do is slate all society and all women. It is not that they drop out. It is that they can't make it in due to shortcomings in themselves, granted there are forces operating against traditional conservative white men.

It is far more productive to figure ok this is what it takes. I am a white man and they will never keep me down. Then go out and beat the system. Quitting never achieves anything. If you think a job in a sandwich shop is the key to success in life, go get one. But you know this is not true.
I'm highly educated and I have a wife. But I wasn't married in my early 20's. I suspect a lot of the men on the forum complaining about women not paying them any attention are relatively young.

For the young singles, if you want to get married, you only need one, so not having a relationship with 100 or so women you were attracted to who had boyfriends or didn't return your call isn't going to make that much difference ten years down the road if you are married. Some people marry their high school sweethearts. But a lot of us went through a time where we don't have a relationship and wonder when it is going to happen.

Nailer, will your current work schedule allow for you to get a second part-time job in a sandwich shop? If that's out of the question, why not just get into a situation where attractive women are in your social circle, like join some kind of club, association, etc.? If you are a Christian, church is a good place to meet women with the same beliefs. If not, if you like animals, you could volunteer at the local animal shelter. A lot of people are involved in club activities in college. If you like college girls and you could join club meetings at a nearby college club. If you are conservative, you can join the Young Republican meetings. There may be some kind of local charity organization where you could join the meetings.

If you meet a girl you are interested in, she may be more open to someone who is a new part of her social network asking her out, before it becomes a friend-zone kind of thing. Or you could wait to become friends and grow the relationship from there. Going from friend to more than friend isn't that uncommon.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Post by Nailer »

Nailer, will your current work schedule allow for you to get a second part-time job in a sandwich shop?
I am considering something of this nature.
If that's out of the question, why not just get into a situation where attractive women are in your social circle, like join some kind of club, association, etc.?
What club has attractive women and isn't a complete sausagefest with ten men for every decent looking girl? Please tell me, I have never heard of this. I only know of clubs full of fat baby boomers.
If you are a Christian, church is a good place to meet women with the same beliefs.
I am not.

What matters to women? Status, looks, and money, in that order, and money is a very distant third. Social status is king, so it makes sense to have a good social status in the subculture with the best looking women...which happens to be the food service industry, for some weird reason. On the west coast every shitty chain restaurant has at least one 9.0 waiting tables. You will never see the amount of good-looking young girls in the richest Manhattan circles as you see working at Cheesecake Factory on the west coast.