Moved away to a more "american city" already hearing racist

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

Moved away to a more "american city" already hearing racist

Post by BlueEverglades »

I left Miami behind and moved to jacksonville,fl because Miami was becoming too overcrowded, harsh and crazy honestly. I became a homeowner for the first time but now I wish I could go out of the country. I have submitted my citizenship request since I'm just a permanent resident but it's taking a while and I must get a regular job in the meantime.

I have been here for a month but still feel the same sense of isolation and depression and had some incident where a woman told a guy that was speaking to me in Spanish at the mall to "speak in English,don't do that" later she followed us around and sat right behind us at the food court..I believe she was looking for trouble.

Then I had a neighbor being nosy and asking where im from and a bunch of very personal questions she later told me gossip about her other neighbors and called them by racial terms such as "The japanese" next doors. I was also told that I couldn't paint or do as I please in my house because I will lower the value of the other homes.

Is it just me or many homeowners in American don't really own their homes? It feels like if I change the paint of my house from an ugly white to a light blue (inside the house, the outside is brick) it will spontaneously and for no reason devalue other homes around me? They are just being bullies.

I'm starting to feel like a punished child that can't do much even in her own home, like I'm being watched for any little thing to ..

I have been thinking of moving temporarily to Spain and other countries to "feel Europe" and then make a decision but the U.S is looking down on foreigners even more after Trump's election...

Do you feel your home is your own? Do you sense conformism and change things around the house as a form of passive rebellion?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Moved away to a more "american city" already hearing rac

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

BlueEverglades wrote:I left Miami behind and moved to jacksonville,fl because Miami was becoming too overcrowded, harsh and crazy honestly. I became a homeowner for the first time but now I wish I could go out of the country. I have submitted my citizenship request since I'm just a permanent resident but it's taking a while and I must get a regular job in the meantime.
I left Miami some time ago to go to Broward but I love Jacksonville. Once you get your US Passport, use it as your key to the world. I currently live in Europe and I only go back to Florida to wait out the cold months.
BlueEverglades wrote: I have been here for a month but still feel the same sense of isolation and depression and had some incident where a woman told a guy that was speaking to me in Spanish at the mall to "speak in English,don't do that" later she followed us around and sat right behind us at the food court..I believe she was looking for trouble.
Yes, Americans are often lacking in interpersonal closeness and connection so it prompts some of them to seek negative "drama" just to feel alive. You have to recognize it for what it is worth and ignore it or avoid it altogether.
BlueEverglades wrote: Then I had a neighbor being nosy and asking where im from and a bunch of very personal questions she later told me gossip about her other neighbors and called them by racial terms such as "The japanese" next doors. I was also told that I couldn't paint or do as I please in my house because I will lower the value of the other homes.
The tribalistic mindset of Americans often comes out in the form of racism or ethnocentrism. This is just part of the culture. You are only restricted in your painting of the outside if your home is governed by a home owner's association set of rules or some local law which prohibits what you want to do. Other than than, paint away!
BlueEverglades wrote: Is it just me or many homeowners in American don't really own their homes? It feels like if I change the paint of my house from an ugly white to a light blue (inside the house, the outside is brick) it will spontaneously and for no reason devalue other homes around me? They are just being bullies.
They are just being bullies. The inside of your home can be whatever you want so long as there is no health or safety issue.
BTW, home ownership is a myth in America. You never own a home you just pay a mortgage on the home that the bank really owns. Once you pay the mortage off, the state owns the home and you pay rent in the form of property taxes. I you stop paying mortgage or taxes, you will see how much you never really owned the home. It is a marketing myth supported by recorded deeds, but it is not true ownership.
BlueEverglades wrote: I'm starting to feel like a punished child that can't do much even in her own home, like I'm being watched for any little thing to ..
Please ignore those people who put this unease in your mind. Do what you want with your home, especially the inside of it.
BlueEverglades wrote: I have been thinking of moving temporarily to Spain and other countries to "feel Europe" and then make a decision but the U.S is looking down on foreigners even more after Trump's election...
Life abroad is better in my opinion, but Americans are brainwashed into thinking everything American is the best.
BlueEverglades wrote: Do you feel your home is your own? Do you sense conformism and change things around the house as a form of passive rebellion?
See above..... I think you came into contact with some toxic, control freaks who bullied you. Next time they give you an opinion about your home, tell them to start paying the mortgage and you MIGHT start listening to their concerns.

Be at ease, someone just wanted you not to be....
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Nobody owns their homes here anymore, there is a lien on all property of the US securing it to the creditors who are managing the bankruptcy since 1933. You are granted property rights based on how good of a communal citizen you are in toting the line of the bankruptcy.

189 of the 196 countries that make up this planet are members of the IMF structure, essentially we are all Crown colonies in disguise with most of the citizenry of these nations being fooled into believing they are democratic societies....

I read just recently Iceland is on the tops for true democracy and freedom at this stage and guess what ? they are also about the most financially literate people on earth. Freedom and understanding economics goes hand in hand, just ask the people who are looting this planet with their financial con game.... :wink:
Last edited by Moretorque on July 21st, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I'm kind of afraid that by the time I get back to Europe it will be more like Afghanistan, or Miami. It used to be you could meet pretty young women working at Burger King, Best Buy, but no longer: now just people who are very much older than their 20s working there. I wouldn't even know where to go to see a pretty woman in person here in the states. They've hidden themselves.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
BlueEverglades wrote:I left Miami behind and moved to jacksonville,fl because Miami was becoming too overcrowded, harsh and crazy honestly. I became a homeowner for the first time but now I wish I could go out of the country. I have submitted my citizenship request since I'm just a permanent resident but it's taking a while and I must get a regular job in the meantime.
I left Miami some time ago to go to Broward but I love Jacksonville. Once you get your US Passport, use it as your key to the world. I currently live in Europe and I only go back to Florida to wait out the cold months.
BlueEverglades wrote: I have been here for a month but still feel the same sense of isolation and depression and had some incident where a woman told a guy that was speaking to me in Spanish at the mall to "speak in English,don't do that" later she followed us around and sat right behind us at the food court..I believe she was looking for trouble.
Yes, Americans are often lacking in interpersonal closeness and connection so it prompts some of them to seek negative "drama" just to feel alive. You have to recognize it for what it is worth and ignore it or avoid it altogether.
BlueEverglades wrote: Then I had a neighbor being nosy and asking where im from and a bunch of very personal questions she later told me gossip about her other neighbors and called them by racial terms such as "The japanese" next doors. I was also told that I couldn't paint or do as I please in my house because I will lower the value of the other homes.
The tribalistic mindset of Americans often comes out in the form of racism or ethnocentrism. This is just part of the culture. You are only restricted in your painting of the outside if your home is governed by a home owner's association set of rules or some local law which prohibits what you want to do. Other than than, paint away!
BlueEverglades wrote: Is it just me or many homeowners in American don't really own their homes? It feels like if I change the paint of my house from an ugly white to a light blue (inside the house, the outside is brick) it will spontaneously and for no reason devalue other homes around me? They are just being bullies.
They are just being bullies. The inside of your home can be whatever you want so long as there is no health or safety issue.
BTW, home ownership is a myth in America. You never own a home you just pay a mortgage on the home that the bank really owns. Once you pay the mortage off, the state owns the home and you pay rent in the form of property taxes. I you stop paying mortgage or taxes, you will see how much you never really owned the home. It is a marketing myth supported by recorded deeds, but it is not true ownership.
BlueEverglades wrote: I'm starting to feel like a punished child that can't do much even in her own home, like I'm being watched for any little thing to ..
Please ignore those people who put this unease in your mind. Do what you want with your home, especially the inside of it.
BlueEverglades wrote: I have been thinking of moving temporarily to Spain and other countries to "feel Europe" and then make a decision but the U.S is looking down on foreigners even more after Trump's election...
Life abroad is better in my opinion, but Americans are brainwashed into thinking everything American is the best.
BlueEverglades wrote: Do you feel your home is your own? Do you sense conformism and change things around the house as a form of passive rebellion?
See above..... I think you came into contact with some toxic, control freaks who bullied you. Next time they give you an opinion about your home, tell them to start paying the mortgage and you MIGHT start listening to their concerns.

Be at ease, someone just wanted you not to be....
-
The worst part about the fuckin country is that rebellion is advocated from every corner of it - practically, and 90% of it is geared toward the youth... and we wonder why there are so many problems with the kids and people in general, anger, hatred, and ruined lives. I'll tell you man...rebellion is not any way to live any good kind of life.
Americans have this rebellious mentality, how can that possibly lead to self discipline, doing the right thing, humbleness or calming down...or most importantly, a healthy MATURITY?
A steady and prosperous life is not based on rebellion. It is based on MATURITY.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Adama wrote:I'm kind of afraid that by the time I get back to Europe it will be more like Afghanistan, or Miami. It used to be you could meet pretty young women working at Burger King, Best Buy, but no longer: now just people who are very much older than their 20s working there. I wouldn't even know where to go to see a pretty woman in person here in the states. They've hidden themselves.
Amen. I can go several months without seeing one. Not one. In the same city where 40 years ago the women used to drive me out of my gourd.

And I'm wondering what the effects are of never seeing an attractive woman. Certainly it's de-motivating -- you just don't give a shit because there's nothing out there in American culture to aim at. The culture of lying has taken away any adult modes of living in the U.S., now attractive women have somehow been removed. Does it actually lower your testosterone, as one blogger recently speculated? He was speculating from the point of view of being in a Latin American country and sensing a rise in the T because he was seeing good-looking women on a regular basis.
alyosha
Freshman Poster

Post by alyosha »

Adama wrote:I wouldn't even know where to go to see a pretty woman in person here in the states. They've hidden themselves.
Just move to a college town! Everyone is still young and banging.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

alyosha wrote:
Adama wrote:I wouldn't even know where to go to see a pretty woman in person here in the states. They've hidden themselves.
My college town has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, yes there are more women today in college towns but the school systems have changed them into complete idiots and a lot of them have lost their femininity and want to be guys.

I'll tell you something else that really put a knife in college towns was when those ass's at the top of the Obama regime came out and said 1 out of every 5 women were sexually assaulted in colleges. The real # is 1 in 52.

Florida though is pretty good overall if you're a stalker so cheer up..... :D and start stalk'in!
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Shouldn't have moved into a HOA dude. They're f***ing awful. Also you're in the South. The Northeast and West Coast aren't so bad, Jacksonville is a sh**hole though.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
alyosha wrote:
My college town has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, yes there are more women today in college towns but the school systems have changed them into complete idiots and a lot of them have lost their femininity and want to be guys.

I'll tell you something else that really put a knife in college towns was when those ass's at the top of the Obama regime came out and said 1 out of every 5 women were sexually assaulted in colleges. The real # is 1 in 52.

Florida though is pretty good overall if you're a stalker so cheer up..... :D and start stalk'in!
Miami is pretty great for getting laid if you can afford it. Sat night life...
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

gsjackson wrote:
Adama wrote:I'm kind of afraid that by the time I get back to Europe it will be more like Afghanistan, or Miami. It used to be you could meet pretty young women working at Burger King, Best Buy, but no longer: now just people who are very much older than their 20s working there. I wouldn't even know where to go to see a pretty woman in person here in the states. They've hidden themselves.
Amen. I can go several months without seeing one. Not one. In the same city where 40 years ago the women used to drive me out of my gourd.

And I'm wondering what the effects are of never seeing an attractive woman. Certainly it's de-motivating -- you just don't give a shit because there's nothing out there in American culture to aim at. The culture of lying has taken away any adult modes of living in the U.S., now attractive women have somehow been removed. Does it actually lower your testosterone, as one blogger recently speculated? He was speculating from the point of view of being in a Latin American country and sensing a rise in the T because he was seeing good-looking women on a regular basis.
I was just thinking the same thing this morning when I was out grocery shopping. I live in the Chicago area and for a metropolitan area of 9 million people, I almost NEVER see any single women! Seriously, I almost never see single women when I am at a grocery store, book store, retail store or shopping mall. Even when I go into the city and walk around the lakefront on a nice summer day, all you see are married couples! :shock:

In the suburbs there are literally almost NO single women what so ever. It's a little better in the city but still, you really don't see any single women unless you go to bars and clubs but bars and nightclubs are terrible places to meet women.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I used to have that idea of the college campus, but recently I realized that even there, there are not so many attractive young women. Besides that, unless you live in a dorm with them, go to classes where they are, or are otherwise forced to interact with them, you could live in a college town and not have much contact with the women. It's pretty hard to live right there on campus if you're not a student. Probably the only place you could really meet a girl at college without going to college is at the "student center." You can't go inside the dining halls, dorms or libraries usually.

I think the USA is pretty hopeless, considering the very few attractive women there are. But also, many of the non-select women will emotionally abuse you and disrespect you so much that you give up on American women altogether.

I feel sorry for the few good American women in this country. They are probably in hiding from all the evil surrounding them too.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:I used to have that idea of the college campus, but recently I realized that even there, there are not so many attractive young women. Besides that, unless you live in a dorm with them, go to classes where they are, or are otherwise forced to interact with them, you could live in a college town and not have much contact with the women. It's pretty hard to live right there on campus if you're not a student. Probably the only place you could really meet a girl at college without going to college is at the "student center." You can't go inside the dining halls, dorms or libraries usually.

I think the USA is pretty hopeless, considering the very few attractive women there are. But also, many of the non-select women will emotionally abuse you and disrespect you so much that you give up on American women altogether.

I feel sorry for the few good American women in this country. They are probably in hiding from all the evil surrounding them too.

I've thought about teaching to hook up with a prime student should I ever end up single again. I know plenty of professors that have pulled it off, probably one in ten of them I know is married to someone that was either a student or assistant at some point.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

HouseMD,

What's the largest age gap for your professor friend that was able to hook up or marry a student? Proximity is half the battle to meet girls. I think if your professor you might feel young because your always expose to young people.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

chanta76 wrote:HouseMD,

What's the largest age gap for your professor friend that was able to hook up or marry a student? Proximity is half the battle to meet girls. I think if your professor you might feel young because your always expose to young people.
20 years (42 and 22 when they met, 46 and 26 now). Actually divorced his wife to be with her lol, they're married now but the ex is KILLING him with child support and alimony.