Anyone else have sleep problems in America but not abroad?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Anyone else have sleep problems in America but not abroad?

Post by onethousandknives »

Maybe a dumb question, but we often hear of jet lag, and how terrible it is, whatever. Strangely, I don't feel like I felt it abroad at all. In USA I've my entire life had trouble falling asleep, and now that I'm an adult and can't do well with too little sleep compared to as a teenager, it's taking a toll here. Strangely, upon landing in Taiwan, I got off the plane at 8PM or so, got in a taxi, got to my hotel, walked around the neighborhood a tad until 10-11 or so, and went and fell asleep, and woke up bright and early with a decent amount of energy no problem at 6-7AM. Just like nothing. I had a bit of stomach sickness from eating McDonalds at the airport in USA, but aside from that, great. I had a completely normal and boring sleep schedule in Vietnam when I went as well, one or two nights I stayed up past midnight or so, and one night in TW on the return I did as well (some anxiety the night before I left for US, as I didn't wanna come home...) But for the most part, I always could just naturally fall asleep at fairly reasonable times, from 9-11PM and wake up at 6-7 naturally, and it continued for 3 weeks. I had no computer there, but did have my phone to distract me, I guess. Over there I took all the same dietary supplements I take here, and drank a fairly equivalent amount of caffeine, usually 3-4 canned coffees per day or so, some even later in the afternoon or the early evening.

I have a lot of theories about this, and I know for certain TW I was less stressed out (VN, maybe not, felt pretty overwhelmed and stressed there actually...) but the only factor I can think of is fluoride here making me hypothyroid and/or messing up my melatonin production. I noticed my first couple days or even about a week back home in USA, I actually fell asleep nicely with a "normal" sleep schedule, and it got all mucked up again. One of my friends brought up artificial lights here in USA, but my neighborhood in USA is crazily dark compared to about anywhere I went to in Asia at night. I also noticed I felt.... alive, for lack of a better term, my first week here, almost like I did in Asia, then it went back to the bad normal. This to me indicates some sort of fluoride build up. Of course, it could be all mental or spiritual of a reason, too.

I'd just like to know if anyone here has had any experiences mirroring mine at all with sleep abroad. Anyone else seemingly magically slept better abroad?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone else have sleep problems in America but not abroa

Post by gsjackson »

I'd say that I sleep better when I come to Europe, if not quite "magically" so. I get 4-5 hours a night in the U.S., typically a little more in Europe. Maybe not enough to try to develop a theory to account for it, but certainly most of us can feel a different and better vibe when we escape the asylum, and get a sense of tranquility.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I think, this really depends on the situation of the individual. For example if you are working or on vacation, how long you stay in the foreign country, if you have been there before, different food, but also noise coming in from the street to your room, and so on.

I can sleep in USA, I did not notice any difference. But I am not living there, I am merely a tourist - my visits are short and mostly only a little sightseeing and within the US-Japanese community and staying in good hotels in upper floors.

Of course any young man who is lonely somewhere in USA working merely for tips and is living in a basement will not share my opinion...
BlueEverglades
Freshman Poster

Post by BlueEverglades »

Yes it's the fluoride, I use a water distiller and the stuff that's on the bottom it's disgusting. I have to run the machine everyday for 3 hours just to get 1-2 gallons of non fluoride water. I sent a letter to the white house about it and I got zero response but about four days later the chemical leftovers at the bottom were PITCH BLACK! It's usually a yellowish brown spot, never black!They added more chemicals than before instead of shutting it down and then I realize that they provide more fluoride to low income neighborhoods than richer neighborhoods by looking at the fluoride map. These sickos made my thyroid sick and I feel they need to pay! haha

I suffer from insomnia too and dont go to bed until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning, I wans't like this before and when I lived in the caribbean I had more energy, felt more alive just like you are describing. These bastards poision the food and the water

The moment you fly anywhere else your body detoxes and feel a moment of release! It's so real!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I have not noticed. But one place I lived for 7 years or so in the US did not have flouride in the water anyway. I can be a bit of a night owl in the US and overseas, anyway.

Is there a better way to get it out without distilling the water? Distillation does not always produce 100% H20, since other substances may boil out with the water, too.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
October 11th, 2017, 1:45 pm
Yes it's the fluoride, I use a water distiller and the stuff that's on the bottom it's disgusting. I have to run the machine everyday for 3 hours just to get 1-2 gallons of non fluoride water. I sent a letter to the white house about it and I got zero response but about four days later the chemical leftovers at the bottom were PITCH BLACK! It's usually a yellowish brown spot, never black!They added more chemicals than before instead of shutting it down and then I realize that they provide more fluoride to low income neighborhoods than richer neighborhoods by looking at the fluoride map. These sickos made my thyroid sick and I feel they need to pay! haha

I suffer from insomnia too and dont go to bed until 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning, I wans't like this before and when I lived in the caribbean I had more energy, felt more alive just like you are describing. These bastards poision the food and the water.

The moment you fly anywhere else your body detoxes and feel a moment of release! It's so real!

The amount of fluoride they put in the water in America is ridiculous. There is no need for it as it just causes certain allergic reactions in some people.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
October 11th, 2017, 1:45 pm

They have been putting fluoride in water for decades now. The effects of that on the human body can be dangerous but nothing has been done to rectify the situation.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Re: Anyone else have sleep problems in America but not abroad?

Post by WilliamSmith »

Yeah I've never been able to drink tap water in America, the water fortunately gave me enough of an allergic reaction that I avoided it in favor of bottled water and used water purifiers even before I'd learned a little more about the fluoridization agenda. There's also !@#$loads of estrogen mimickers and excitotoxins that f**k people up in all sorts of American foods, drinks, and other products (and the endless toxic perfume and cologne clouds, blech), very likely linked at least in some significant part to the disastrous decline in USSA males' testosterone levels and the resulting impact on them being more than a little confused about which gender they are, and so on. :)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/