Why is work a religion in America and you are expected to agree as if it were natural?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Why is work a religion in America but you aren't given a choice about it?! That's stupid and forced!

Post by Zambales »

jamesbond wrote:
January 1st, 2018, 6:56 am
CB8 wrote:
January 1st, 2018, 6:12 am
I especially hate jobs where you're forced to work on holidays, even if you're getting paid more. My coworkers will say, at least we're getting paid double. All I can think of is, what's the point of getting more money if we can't enjoy it on days like this?
It's funny how employers act like they own you when you work for them. And in a way, they do own you, it's sad but true!
Quite. They even want to dictate to employees by forcing this patronizing "team bonding" bullshit onto them. I go to work to make a living not to be harangued into bonding with colleagues who I'd rather punch.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why is work a religion in America and your job is your God?! It's stupid and forced!

Post by jamesbond »

This video hit's the nail on the head regarding the workaholic atmosphere in America.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
kavaking
Freshman Poster

Re: Why is work a religion in America but you aren't given a choice about it?! That's stupid and forced!

Post by kavaking »

Winston wrote:
January 1st, 2018, 10:11 pm
Did you guys know that in Japan, the corporation or company you work for is like your God, and the colleagues are like your family? Such a relationship in Japan is supposed to be lifelong. So it's a lifelong relationship. And you are expected to be glad to work 15 hour days for the company and give them your all. In return you get good benefits of course such as full healthcare, pensions, good salaries and stuff. But it's not worth it if you have no freedom or free time at all to enjoy your life. It's a total subservient relationship and you are supposed to love it and cherish it as your own God and family. lol. It's utterly insane.

My point is that being a workaholic or living to work should be a free choice, if someone loves their job so much that they want to live and breathe it, that should be their CHOICE. It shouldn't be an obligation or expectation as though that were the law of the universe. lol. That's stupid. Of course, if you are doing what you love and doing work that you are passionate about, that would be easy to put your all into. But I don't think most Americans are doing what they love, they just pretend to because American culture requires you to feign positivity at all times, even if it's fake. So they have to pretend to love their job because one must act positive at all times in America. It's a rule and religion.

Also, America is seen as the world. There's no life outside of America so leaving America isn't an option to even consider. So even alternative media and truthers never mention that the option to leave America even exists. Very weird.
Japan is a great country. I was in Tokyo in 2009. A lot of families there have worked for the same company for generations. In other words, if your grandfather and father worked at the Pepsi plant in Tokyo, chances are high that you'll be working there as well. You can get in the company just on the strength of your name alone. Winston is right about the work life balance there. Its terrible. A news woman at NHK died recently because she worked 159 hours of overtime. She was found clutched to her cell phone.
Feminism must be stopped!
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re: Why is work a religion in America and your job is your God?! It's stupid and forced!

Post by Mercury »

The average workweek in America is supposed to be only 40 hours long (8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and that's it). But Americans these days, they are working upwards of 80, 100, even 120 hours a week. They are working from the crack of dawn to midnight, all 7 days a week, even all 365 days a year. To make matters worse, American women want every man to believe that there is no life at all outside a luxurious and heavily fortified gated community. As though every single non-gated neighborhood were an all out war zone with ten thousand and more drive-by shootings a day.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

jamesbond wrote:
January 1st, 2018, 6:56 am

It's funny how employers act like they own you when you work for them. And in a way, they do own you, it's sad but true!
Hence the phrase/saying of "even when the boss is wrong, the boss is still right."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why is work a religion in America and you aren't given a choice about it?! It's stupid and forced!

Post by Winston »

Another stupid irony about all this is that when you go to a job interview in America, you have to impress the interviewer and try to ace the interview so you can get the job. Yet you make all that effort just so you can sit in a cubicle like a slave and live a very drab enslaving existence where you live for Fridays. That really sucks of course, even animals are freer than those who live such a routine, so why would you make such a great effort to ace the interview so you can become a slave and do something you'd rather not? lol. It's very ironic isn't it?

This is just one of many contradictions in America that make no sense and will make you insane, because you aren't living true to yourself and aligned with reality. Instead, you're living a lie and delusion. That's gotta take a toll on your mental health.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kairosan117
Freshman Poster

Re: Why is work a religion in America and you aren't given a choice about it?! It's stupid and forced!

Post by kairosan117 »

Your job and the hours you work can also dictate the quality of life you are allowed to live.
This is why I invest and do affiliate marketing. No boss! Nobody telling me what to do, me don't the task that was asked of me and nothing changes in my life.
:?: And here are 4 things Filipina do better than your SWJ Ex http://bit.ly/pinayfunfacts
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Americans hate their jobs more so than most people in other countries.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Interesting video explaining why Americans hate their jobs so much. Half of college graduates are working at jobs that do not require a college degree.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you think about it, it's also stupid that corporate America and American culture expect you to only take one or two weeks vacation every year to have fun and do what you want, and the rest of the 51 weeks of the year are supposed to be spent in a cubicle serving your corporation like a "happy slave" just so you can pay your artificial bills. As if the purpose of life is to pay bills, rather than to enjoy it and do what you want and love. Stupid concept. Who gives the f**k about bills? Why should your bills rule your whole life until you're old and over the hill and qualify for retirement? Why should one submit to servitude and slavery just to pay bills? Why should paying bills be the sole objective and purpose of life? It makes no f***ing sense and sounds like a total scam and enslavement. The more you think about it, the more stupid it is and the more it pisses you off and boils your blood, doesn't it? Do any of you get ponder these things and get pissed too and marvel the stupidity and foolishness of it all?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

And it's no wonder so many amusement parks, water parks, and places of fun that used to be highly abundant in the 1950s and even as recently as the 80s have been either demolished and turned into places of business, or abandoned and left to fall into ruin.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Winston wrote:
January 6th, 2018, 8:35 pm
Yet you make all that effort just so you can sit in a cubicle like a slave and live a very drab enslaving existence where you live for Fridays.
Very rarely. These days, many Americans not only work all 7 days a week, but all 365 days a year! In other words, they don't live for Friday because they have to work Saturday and Sunday, too. They are lucky to get a day or two off every decade!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
Another stupid irony about all this is that when you go to a job interview in America, you have to impress the interviewer and try to ace the interview so you can get the job. Yet you make all that effort just so you can sit in a cubicle like a slave and live a very drab enslaving existence where you live for Fridays. That really sucks of course, even animals are freer than those who live such a routine, so why would you make such a great effort to ace the interview so you can become a slave and do something you'd rather not? lol. It's very ironic isn't it?

This is just one of many contradictions in America that make no sense and will make you insane, because you aren't living true to yourself and aligned with reality. Instead, you're living a lie and delusion. That's gotta take a toll on your mental health.
I had jobs where they required their employees to work most major holidays, and working every other weekend was also required. Very little vacation time, even if you could find enough people to cover you because the bosses often just wouldn't give permission regardless.

In addition to that, there were so many rules that are hard to adhere to if you want to complete each day's tasks, and constantly people scrutinizing and looking over your shoulder so they could find a reason to write you up and fire you. Spot inspections are common, similar to the military.

I honestly don't know how anyone could make lifelong careers out of those jobs, but somehow they manage.

And this was supposed to be a career type field which I chose, but it was closer to McDonalds or Walmart in that it was hard to get benefits and some employers were trying diligently to withhold health insurance. Others would decrease the hourly wage if you elected for health insurance, and on and on.

Then regardless however you handled a situation, some employers would always demand an explanation, even if things worked out. In their minds there is only one way to do things, even though that's not written anywhere. Constantly having to explain things when things didn't work out well and when they actually worked out fine.

Thankfully the Lord has liberated me from this.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Mercury wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 10:07 am
Winston wrote:
Yet you make all that effort just so you can sit in a cubicle like a slave and live a very drab enslaving existence where you live for Fridays.
Very rarely. These days, many Americans not only work all 7 days a week, but all 365 days a year! In other words, they don't live for Friday because they have to work Saturday and Sunday, too. They are lucky to get a day or two off every decade!
I used to work with people who would work two jobs and maybe get one day off a week, so they could earn $50,000 a year. I don't know how they had time for wife and children or girlfriends or dating. Just always working 16 hour days 6 hours a week. Some would work overnight shifts and then stay up all day to work day shifts.

The ironic thing though is that some people are so brainwashed, even saying to me, "This is the richest country in the world." Well okay, but has it trickled down to you or to those other men who are working this job? Blindness.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Pinayhunter
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinayhunter »

I never bought in to the Jewish scam of work worship. To me, a job has always been an unpleasant ordeal that has to be endured in order to survive. It’s one thing if you’re an entrepreneur or something, coming and going as you please. But to be a full time employee for 10, 20, 30+ years :shock: - I don’t understand how people can tolerate it.

A good example of how messed up America has become with its fetishization of work: even children of the wealthy are expected to hold down jobs! In fact I’ve known several of these people. Instead of spending time with their families, enjoying hobbies, and contemplating the wonders of the universe, they’re just moving money around and staring at spreadsheets all day. America really is bizarre.