The most ridiculous justification for fat acceptance so far

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mattyman
Junior Poster

The most ridiculous justification for fat acceptance so far

Post by mattyman »

Gday, been a while since I posted here, this is something that had me in stiches. You know how the fat acceptance brigade are forever trying to lower standards of beauty and normalize obesity, you wouldn't beleive this justification for it. That plus size is representative of the average woman in a society. OMG! Just because something is an average does not necessarily mean it's healthy and should be aspired to. The reality is that in the USA & UK 70% & 60% of adults are overweight respectively, a similar percentage does not get the recommended 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day, people eat way too much sugar, way too much fat, and portion sizes are ridiculously big. In a cafe the other day there was an overweight woman who was eating enough carbs to keep me going for at least 3 rides of 20 miles. Just because it's normal isn't grounds for taking away people's incentive to better themselves.

Also, this 'overweight is normal' argument may not hold any weight (no pun intended) in a low obesity country like Japan, Switzerland or Italy. In those countries, the average adult is within a healthy weight range.

Check out this chart;
http://www.superskinnyme.com/body-fat-percentage.html

I'm sure most men who're being honest would consider the woman with the 45% body fat to be 'fat'. The reality is, in anglo countries, especially amongst the working classes, a shocking percentage of women are within that fat range or greater.

What the fat acceptance bgrigade don't get is that there's a difference between healthy, overweight and anorexic. They seem to think anything that's not in the overweight category causes anorexia; bullshit.

Another thing about fat acceptance is discrediting the body mass index. Whilst it's true that BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass vs. fat mass, a) one type of mass is healthy nd one is not and b) all kinds of excess mass in women are not sexy to men be it fat or muscle. Most men will tell you that they don't turn their heads in the streets to women who look like either Hulk Hogan or the Michelin man's wife. When was the last time you saw a guy's head turn to a woman like that? Never right?

There are pros and cons of fat acceptance. The thing that I personally think could be dangerous about it is that it could encourage denial about weight problems & dismissal of advice from organisations like the World Health Organisation and the NHS. I don't want to be living in WALL.E world!

I could drone on all day about this topic, but for now I'll keep to the points mentioned in this post.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: The most ridiculous justification for fat acceptance so far

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Fat acceptance makes me cringe, no question about it. First, it preaches that fat people are oppressed by thinner people (they have a thing known as "thin privilege"), and that they should be treated like . Secondly, you can't have health at every size. In reality, there's absolutely nothing healthy about being obese, but yet liberals and SJWs preach that you can be obese and healthy at the same time. FAR from the truth.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Women naturally carry more body fat, our society has become lazy as well. I was reading like 84 % of black American women are obese and that is way out of proportion.

Look on the bright side, when this whole thing collapse's we will all go on a diet weather we like it or not....
Time to Hide!
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Moretorque wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 4:19 am
Women naturally carry more body fat
Well yeah, but if you're an endomorph body type, male or female, you're going to have more body fat than if you were say an ectomorph or a mesomorph.
our society has become lazy as well.
Actually, U.S. society has been sedentary for a long time, in big part because most Americans live in suburbs and are forced to drive. Processed foods are everywhere. And life in the U.S. is stressful, fast-paced, and workaholic.