Playing Online games with NA players vs Foreign players

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
DarthXedonias
Freshman Poster

Playing Online games with NA players vs Foreign players

Post by DarthXedonias »

I don't like playing games as much as I used to (most due to the crap video game companies do these days) but I still play every once in a while. Have any of you noticed the difference in attitudes when you play on north American servers vs say Foreign servers (especially Japanese ones)? I've noticed the difference definitely. It seems like no matter what the game if its with NA players its like they think they are the shit (even though that might not show up in reality), and if someone else messes up even a bit they go off the rails even if they have been messing up even more. In contrast I have played games with foreign people on foreign servers (mainly Asian ones) and the difference seems to be quite clear. I mean you still get some toxic asian players every once in a while but certainly not at the level of toxicity you get on NA servers. Its seemed like on the Asian servers you are expected to know your role (whatever class your playing ass) and if there become problems they then try to talk it out and keep things going. If stuff doesn't improve after a number of tries people usually vote abandon without hard feelings. NA it seems like a problem comes up automatically the insults start coming in which just makes these things just worst. If the guy getting insulted has a spine he usually says f**k this and just leaves the game.Everyone's experience is ruined because 1 or 2 people wanted to be a bunch of assholes on one person and that person left. Don't know if you guys have had similar experiences. I find Asian player approach to be way more constructive and beneficial than the NA player approach.