Why Men Still Defend Marriage

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Re: Why Men Still Defend Marriage

Post by Nailer »

MrMan wrote:
September 16th, 2018, 8:23 pm
When I got married, more money suddenly opened up for me. I don't believe I am limited to mathematical calculations, and God answers prayers and has gotten me out of financial jams in the past and provision came in after the kids did. o it.
How did being married result in you getting more money? Did she come with a dowry?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

jamesbond wrote:
October 20th, 2018, 10:05 pm
Some men defend marriage by saying, "Just Marry a Traditional Woman." Well, that may not work either.
Well, that may not work either... yes, true. To marry a 'traditional' woman - what does this means? Maybe somebody can explain what means 'traditional'?

And 'traditional' or 'not traditional' etc. etc. does not mean anything when facing a divorce in a Western family court...

I see more the problem regarding marriage not with 'not traditional enough local women' but with existing pro-feminist law enforcement which is biased against men. Nowadays the legal situation in Western countries about marriage is a clear turn-away for any Western man with a brain, except he is really superrich and can afford any divorce without getting poorer....

For men like me the solution was to disconnect, to get away first of all from Western society - and after that to consider marriage. - At least this was OK when I was still young, more than 4 decades ago. I never had anything to do with local Western women while living still in EU.

I strongly advice NEVER bring your foreign wife back to your own country. Many stories about women who changed their behavior considerably after living only a few months in the 'new world'.

Where to go abroad however is another tricky question, it depends on your individual situation, you cannot survive so easily in a foreign country, facing visa regulations, job restrictions, language problems, missing medical insurance, lower living standard etc. etc. To integrate abroad among locals is not always a simple task either.

Some men I met decided to remain single - clearly into MGTOW up to about 50 y/o and then took their savings and moved on into retirement to abroad. Unfortunately they too often failed.

Many of them were divorced men and financially broken and when they arrived in Asia, I told them their money is not enough...
Life in Asia is not so cheap as some Western men expect it to be...they got yellow fever - my 'traditional' bargirl is different - all money gone LOL - and had to go home again...or they decided to jump out of a window in a high rising building...
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Nailer wrote:
October 21st, 2018, 1:13 pm
MrMan wrote:
When I got married, more money suddenly opened up for me. I don't believe I am limited to mathematical calculations, and God answers prayers and has gotten me out of financial jams in the past and provision came in after the kids did. o it.
How did being married result in you getting more money? Did she come with a dowry?
When we were first getting married, I had one, one month bonus in my contract. My employer had written the English of the contract up poorly, but actually they were giving two months salary instead of one. That's just one example. No, she did not come with a dowry. In her culture, the man and/or his family pays for the party and any expenses related to the party. I think that's how it should be, especially considering the number of daughters I have. :) Us guys should not be for sale.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Nailer wrote:
MrMan wrote:
I don't believe in any God, especially not in a God who gives me money ....
I can only say, getting married, my family with 2 children created seriously more expenses to me and for sure it did not result in more money.
However I should not complain as I had a regular job and a fairly good salary. I am not dissatisfied or unhappy.

I am sure however, without marriage and alone, I would be now, 40 years later, financially significantly better off. Even if everything is working out nicely with creating a family, it surely does not result in a better income - more likely the opposite.

But this is life, you cannot change your past.
As adults we are responsible for our own decisions, you have to decide, you cannot have just 'everything', you have to make a choice.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Nailer wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Husband allowance? :lol:
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Nailer wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Don't believe him. This charlatan routinely types anything to try to lure more men into Cuck City (marriage) and religious mindlessness.

Anyone with half a brain knows that disposable income DECREASES with marriage and family over time, bonuses and god-given windfalls aside.

Pretty much when you hear any religious man like this touting the benefits of marriage for men, send them the below then write them off.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

According to faith, when your needs increase, God increases your supply to cover your needs. So while single a man may be at a certain level, provided for by God. After he gets married and has children, God finds a way to increase the amount of money because of the increased need.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 3:34 pm
According to faith, when your needs increase, God increases your supply to cover your needs. So while single a man may be at a certain level, provided for by God. After he gets married and has children, God finds a way to increase the amount of money because of the increased need.
Or the other explanation is that people give you jobs on the basis that you will be a slave, since your life will be ruined if you decrease your income and piss off wifey.
Last edited by Cornfed on October 24th, 2018, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Some jobs pay by experience, but some of the jobs I've had paid a flat rate regardless how many years experience a person had. I know on applications a person can put down whether they are single or married. I don't honestly know if how many children a person has is taken into account. I would think that would make the candidate less likely to be hired (knowledge of the applicant having children), seeing as insurance costs would be higher. I don't think everyone has the enslavement mentality that some people think everyone has.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 2:13 pm
Nailer wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Don't believe him. This charlatan routinely types anything to try to lure more men into Cuck City (marriage) and religious mindlessness.

Anyone with half a brain knows that disposable income DECREASES with marriage and family over time, bonuses and god-given windfalls aside.

Pretty much when you hear any religious man like this touting the benefits of marriage for men, send them the below then write them off.
Contrarian expat is the extremist here. If everyone followed his advice, society would crumble. If all the early 20's guys followed his advice, no one would have kids, so you guys wouldn't have any teenagers when you are his age to pay to date you, or you could find some bastard girls from the sperm that got around the condoms who were raised by single mothers. There is a lot of that now, but if there were no kids raised by fathers out there to put some stability into the schools and the fabric of society, things could be a lot worse. He benefits from the society he is trying to tear apart, and to some extent his lifestyle depends on it.

FInancially, two-income homes can earn more money and reduce costs on housing and other things. God's provision is more than just counting costs. There are opportunities that come our way that we do not have control over. Some things we can exercise some control over. Other things we cannot.

I wonder if your kneejerk reaction, CE, has anything to do with a deep-seated fear of Hell.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:
October 24th, 2018, 6:13 pm
Contrarian expat is the extremist here. If everyone followed his advice, society would crumble.
If you are talking about Western society, it is already doing a great job of crumbling on its own. No need for me to sacrifice myself like the Quixotic, TradCuck married to a post-wall, Asian prostitute that is you.
MrMan wrote: FInancially, two-income homes can earn more money and reduce costs on housing and other things.
The fact that you use "can" conceals the fact that such is extremely rare. Very few women agree to live an austere existence when they could easily
nag husbands into spending up their lifestyle. Men end up buying more house than necessary, more car(s) than necessary, and more miscellaneous purchases to please their wife-masters. Married people are generally people in deep consumer debt and they must work all of their lives like wage-slaves just to keep the wife-master content. You need to stop lying to yourself about marriage before you can even think about stop lying to the younger men about it.
MrMan wrote: God's provision is more than just counting costs. There are opportunities that come our way that we do not have control over. Some things we can exercise some control over. Other things we cannot.
Yes, stupid people tend to attribute things they cannot understand or control to "god's provision." Religious myths such as this one exist so people who don't think very well don't have to think at all. "I got a tax refund all because of god. I lost it all when I lost my wallet all because of god. My business succeeded all because of god. My business got sued and later failed all because of god." Do you consider yourself a moron because of god too?
MrMan wrote: I wonder if your kneejerk reaction, CE, has anything to do with a deep-seated fear of Hell.
Intelligent people don't sit around fearing little red men with horns and pitchforks. I'm not sure why you did not grow out of that in the pre-teen years, but it obviously still has a hold on your psyche for some reason. Do you still believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny as well? They are all variations of the same, "Do as I say or bad things will happen to you" malarkey to which only children and morons subscribe. That being said, I'm not all surprised you're still running around as an adult scared of the devil and hell. :lol:
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Some married men regret getting married in the first place. :shock:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

jamesbond wrote:
November 19th, 2018, 7:12 pm
Some married men regret getting married in the first place. :shock:

I have no sympathy for men who married and now regret it. They deserve everything that happens to them.

These are the same guys fooling the younger generation to do the same thing. May they die in the misery that karma inflicts upon them.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

There's a married dude approx. 55 yo who lives near me who gives his wife all his money and in return he gets just over $5 back per week. I see him all the time doing errands for his wife and his kids. Gets treated like a gopher.

His wife has several sisters and all their husbands get treated similarly - apart from one. He stands up to his wife and because of this he's really disliked by the female contingent within the family.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Defending marriage is one thing. Defending an arranged marriage is another.

A friend of mine did just that. He's been paired up with a 5/10 with big ears and an attitude, for the past thirty years. I said to him. If you had a choice would you choose your current wife or the most beautiful woman in the world with a fantastic personality?

He opted for his wife! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The muppet!

Of course he was lying but would he admit to it? Nay! :roll: