Leaving Neverland is what is wrong with the US media

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Leaving Neverland is what is wrong with the US media

Post by Temprano26 »

At the start of March, Leaving Neverland premiered at the Sundance Festival about two guys who claim that Michael Jackson molested them repeatedly in 1989 to the mid-90s even with intense media scrutiny, all those other kids and staff at Neverland Ranch, being under FBI investigation for over 10 years and despite having a music career touring the world and recording. The FBI investigation is the only argument I need because if MJ was taking a kid to a hotel room under their watch he would have been shot. To believe that he outfoxed the FBI for all of those years would mean he was a criminal mastermind on the level of Whitey Bulger.

But go on the internet and research the facts yourself to know that these claims are falsehoods made by opportunists seeking a settlement from the Jackson estate. Look at the interviews with director Dan Reed, who gives gibberish answers when questioned critically about any of this. They don't want you to think critically; they want you to be overcome with emotions due to being parents with an instinct to protect children above all else or because of sexual abuse trauma, which is why Oprah filled her audience with abuse survivors who of course will not question the stories of Robson and Safechuck, who have no substance to prove much of anything.

When Michael Jackson died, I was in a vulnerable time filled with intense emotions anyway and his music was a way of getting through it from Smooth Criminal and Beat It to his Jackson Five material to everything else. I mourned losing such a phenomenal artist but I more lamented that the media created him into a caricature long after he was found NOT GUILTY on 14 counts! People still fish for reasons to assign guilt instead of being happy that in this instance kids were with a grown man and were totally safe. I first went to Costa Rica in 2010, still reading MJs biography in a hostel filled with people from France, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Finland but the one person who talked about him being a predator was from the US! Everybody else from every other part of the world talked about how much they loved his music. Either they have better critical thinking skills or their media does not need to keep alive a salacious sex story to sell tabloids.
pitbull
Freshman Poster

Re: Leaving Neverland is what is wrong with the US media

Post by pitbull »

Yes, this is true. America has a lot of sick people. Leaving Neverland is complete fiction.