Why can't Asians hold deeper intellectual conversations? Why are they never interested in higher truth or philosophy?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why can't Asians think or hold intellectual conversation

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
You're playing devil's advocate and twisting data. It doesn't change the facts. You KNOW I'm right. Asians only copy and memorize and follow and obey and CONFORM. They do not think for themselves. Everyone knows that. Check out this book that plays off the common perception of Asians being unable to think.

Can Asians Think? Understanding the Divide Between East and West

You don't see the big picture. You're arguing with technicalities that do NOT change the facts.

Let me ask you something Momopi that my China WeChat group FAILED to answer.

Can you name one Chinese woman who is known as a great chess player or philosopher? I'll bet you can't. Because there aren't any. On the other hand, I can name historical women from Europe or Russia that were great philosophers and authors, and modern ones that are great chess players. Even today you can find women in Europe or Russia that play good chess or can talk about philosophy. I know because I have. But in China, the women can only talk about practical matters. Their skills lie in Accounting and Finance, which is what Chinese are typically good at. We all know this and observe this. You can't debate it Momopi. You know I'm right. I'll bet you $100 on it.

Btw, $100 is not a small fee. Maybe it is in LA but it is not in most of the world. LA is not the world you know.

Chinese women aren't the kind of women that are good in chess or philosophy. That's just a FACT. Why debate it? Why attack me for it? It's just the truth? Why don't people love the truth like I do? Go to any public park in China for example, and you will see tons of old men playing chess. But you will NOT see any young women or girls playing competitive chess in China. Just go to ANY public park in China and you will see. It's undeniable. You cannot get around this Momopi, even your geek skills cannot weasel out of this fact! Haha! GOTCHA!

Some guys in my HA WeChat group got defensive at this as though it was insulting to hear the above. I don't know why. I guess people are not logical. None of the above should be offensive to anyone, it's just the truth. Plain and simple.

I get the sense that Asians only like to memorize and copy and follow and most of all, CONFORM. They do not think for themselves at all. ALL my Taiwanese relatives are like this Momopi. ALL OF THEM! How do you explain that? Just because you know a FEW exceptions in LA does NOT, and I mean NOT, debunk a general pattern. Understand? Comprende? Agree?

So what you debating? You have not given any reason to believe that MOST or the majority of Asians can think for themselves. You have not. You're just arguing to be a geek without any valid points Momopi. Come to think of it Momopi, can YOU think for yourself? If so, can you give us some examples where you were able to think for yourself, without applying info you memorized somewhere? Or any articles you've written that are freethinking?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Momopi,
You're playing devil's advocate and twisting data. It doesn't change the facts. You KNOW I'm right. Asians only copy and memorize and follow and obey and CONFORM. They do not think for themselves. Everyone knows that. Check out this book that plays off the common perception of Asians being unable to think.

Can Asians Think? Understanding the Divide Between East and West

You don't see the big picture. You're arguing with technicalities that do NOT change the facts.

Let me ask you something Momopi that my China WeChat group FAILED to answer.

Can you name one Chinese woman who is known as a great chess player or philosopher? I'll bet you can't. Because there aren't any. On the other hand, I can name historical women from Europe or Russia that were great philosophers and authors, and modern ones that are great chess players. Even today you can find women in Europe or Russia that play good chess or can talk about philosophy. I know because I have. But in China, the women can only talk about practical matters. Their skills lie in Accounting and Finance, which is what Chinese are typically good at. We all know this and observe this. You can't debate it Momopi. You know I'm right. I'll bet you $100 on it.

Btw, $100 is not a small fee. Maybe it is in LA but it is not in most of the world. LA is not the world you know.

Chinese women aren't the kind of women that are good in chess or philosophy. That's just a FACT. Why debate it? Why attack me for it? It's just the truth? Why don't people love the truth like I do? Go to any public park in China for example, and you will see tons of old men playing chess. But you will NOT see any young women or girls playing competitive chess in China. Just go to ANY public park in China and you will see. It's undeniable. You cannot get around this Momopi, even your geek skills cannot weasel out of this fact! Haha! GOTCHA!

Some guys in my HA WeChat group got defensive at this as though it was insulting to hear the above. I don't know why. I guess people are not logical. None of the above should be offensive to anyone, it's just the truth. Plain and simple.

I get the sense that Asians only like to memorize and copy and follow and most of all, CONFORM. They do not think for themselves at all. ALL my Taiwanese relatives are like this Momopi. ALL OF THEM! How do you explain that? Just because you know a FEW exceptions in LA does NOT, and I mean NOT, debunk a general pattern. Understand? Comprende? Agree?

So what you debating? You have not given any reason to believe that MOST or the majority of Asians can think for themselves. You have not. You're just arguing to be a geek without any valid points Momopi. Come to think of it Momopi, can YOU think for yourself? If so, can you give us some examples where you were able to think for yourself, without applying info you memorized somewhere? Or any articles you've written that are freethinking?
Winston, you're hilarious. Responding to a post momopi submitted over half a decade ago as if he wrote it in the last few days!!!

What hallucinogenic are you smoking man? I've been told by Steve Neese and others that you do the same thing with emails sometimes.

It's as if time is not linear for you but rather you bounce in and out at different points on the timeline arbitrarily.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Rock wrote:What hallucinogenic are you smoking man? I've been told by Steve Neese and others that you do the same thing with emails sometimes.
It's as if time is not linear for you but rather you bounce in and out at different points on the timeline arbitrarily.
Starchild5 has him on tulsi leafs too :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Obviously our rulers want little drones like Droid, why else would they be moving the modern world to the East ??????, they want the Europeans done away with........
Time to Hide!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Let me ask you something Momopi that my China WeChat group FAILED to answer.
<snip>

I'll take that $100 (hopefully in USD and not pesos). You really should Google women chess players in China before making such claims. The current Women;s World Chess Championship title is held by 侯逸凡.

Look up Hou Yifan 侯逸凡, Xie Jun 謝軍, Zhu Chen 諸宸, Xu Yuhua 許昱華, and Wang Lei 王蕾.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2 ... nship_2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2 ... ampionship
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_in_China

P.S. I don't think it's really proper for women to approach and play chess with random old men in a park over there. In Asia women who approach groups of men playing board games in the park are sometimes seen as prostitutes selling their wares.

China:
http://www.thatsmags.com/china/post/413 ... or-old-men

(NSFW)

Korea:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchus_Ladies

"Bacchus Ladies (Hangul: 박카스 할머니; RR: bagkaseu halmeoni) are elderly Korean prostitutes who solicit in parks and plazas in Seoul for sex in nearby motels. They traditionally made a living by selling bottles of the popular Bacchus energy drink in the parks where elderly men gather for a chess game and a chat with their friends. The women are in their 50s, 60, even their 80s.[1] The price of selling sex is about 20,000 to 30,000 won ($18-26) or even less if the man is a regular client.[2][3][4][5][6][7] In a testimony, about 400 women work in Jongmyo Park in Seoul. The younger men in their 20s to 40s are also becoming their clients.[8][2]"

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27189951
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Rock wrote: Winston, you're hilarious. Responding to a post momopi submitted over half a decade ago as if he wrote it in the last few days!!!
What hallucinogenic are you smoking man? I've been told by Steve Neese and others that you do the same thing with emails sometimes.

Hopefully it's not the beginning of another multi-year rut for him.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on July 30th, 2019, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desembarazarse
Freshman Poster

Post by desembarazarse »

Winston wrote: Even today you can find women in Europe or Russia that play good chess or can talk about philosophy. I know because I have. But in China, the women can only talk about practical matters. Their skills lie in Accounting and Finance, which is what Chinese are typically good at.
Personally, I'd rather have a wife who had a good understanding of Accounting and Finance than chess and philosophy, ceteris paribus. If she were proficient in plumbing, carpentry, and/or auto repair, that would be great, too. Of course, these things are less important than finding someone who is young, healthy, and can communicate with me.

Also, I'd rather have a wife who could play Diplomacy than chess.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why can't Asians hold deeper intellectual conversations? Why are they never interested in higher truth or philosophy

Post by Winston »

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

If you look at all the people in the videos below on a website introducing Gnosticism - an esoteric version of Christianity that was banned and suppressed by the early Catholic Church, and later revealed in the Nag Hammadi texts of the Lost Gospels - you will notice what I've said before, that everyone into higher truth and higher consciousness and esoteric truth, are either WHITE or EAST INDIAN. You never see any Orientals like Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese or Taiwanese into those things, no way, they are only interested in making money and practical things. lol. Click here and you will see what I mean:

https://rememberingthegnosticmovement.com/video/

As you can see, everyone in the video list is white except for one East Indian girl. So you see, I was right. It's just a simple fact, not racist at all. Why does no one else but me have the guts to point out stuff like this? So weird. Why is it so hard to have guts to mention something so obviously openly? Why is everyone else so scared to point out anything like this? It's not racist or stereotyping, just truth, obvious and apparent truth and patterns. What is everyone's problem?

So now that you all see that I'm right, why is this?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Why can't Asians hold deeper intellectual conversations? Why are they never interested in higher truth or philosophy

Post by Neo »

Probably the best conversation a man can ever have, is one on one conversation with himself, inside his own mind. Talking to other people is very often disappointing. I wouldn't expect anyone to relate to my expressed thoughts, and often times, you'll find that many people simply do not care about deep topics, or because they may be way too self-involved, all they care about is opposing everything you say whether you're right or wrong.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's another example.

Check out all the many speakers listed at this big UFO conference in the USA called "Contact in the Desert". There are many big names in the UFO community there with their photos, including George Noory of Coast to Coast AM, David Wilcock, Graham Hancock, Linda Moulton Howe, the producer of Ancient Aliens on History Channel Giorgio Tsoukalos, Erich Von Daniken, etc.

http://contactinthedesert.com/speakers/

Again, notice that NOT ONE is ASIAN OR ORIENTAL! NOT ONE! They are all white, and a few look like they may be East Indian, Hispanic or Middle Eastern, I can't tell. But none are Chinese or Japanese or Korean or Cantonese or Taiwanese for sure.

BINGO! So you see, I'm RIGHT! Why can't some of you admit it? Why do you some of you debate this or play devil's advocate? Why can't you just admit the obvious truth? How many more examples do you need? Why can't you be honest and stop being buttheads? The fact is, ASIANS are simply NOT into this kind of stuff, like esoteric truth or higher truth or stuff outside the box, etc.

@momopi why are you so full of haughty Asian pride that you can't even admit that I'm right, even when it's super obvious? You admitted to me once that Asians only like intelligent conversations about practical subjects, not abstract subjects. Remember? So deep down, even you know that I'm right. The examples and patterns I showed you all above are obvious.

Btw, maybe I should contact the Contact in the Desert group and accuse them of racism and discrimination since they have no Asian speakers, and demand that I be listed as one, or else I can play the race card on them. lol. That would be a way for me to get into their roster maybe. haha. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:15 am
Probably the best conversation a man can ever have, is one on one conversation with himself, inside his own mind. Talking to other people is very often disappointing. I wouldn't expect anyone to relate to my expressed thoughts, and often times, you'll find that many people simply do not care about deep topics, or because they may be way too self-involved, all they care about is opposing everything you say whether you're right or wrong.
True. Good points. Most people cannot have deep conversations. Not even some of the guys here can. However, I have met a few that can, such as Mr S, Alex, and other expats in the Philippines. I even met a human encyclopedia type like Momopi, but is a white military vet in Angeles City, who can hold the deepest conversations I ever met. Wow you should have heard our last four hour conversation! It was amazing and deep and original. Like Socrates and his students talking at the round table. Not only was he a human enclopedia type like Momopi, but he had a lot of life experiences and stories to share, like Morgan Freeman, not just book knowledge like Momopi. When you meet a guy like Momopi, you can tell he's book smart and a great memorizer, but he's not full of life stories like Morgan Freeman, and he doesn't bear the scars of having gone through heaven and hell either.

I find that older men who have been through heaven and hell and have many countless stories to tell, and are very down to earth (not braggarts or bullshitters or fake), like Morgan Freeman types, usually conclude that "yes there is a higher power, whether you want to call it God or not" and are not into organized religion, and believe that "there are no coincidences and that everything happens for a reason". They have many stories to tell that support these conclusions too, including stories related to telepathy and the supernatural, which are well documented and not unusual at all. They are definitely NOT atheist like Momopi is. Once a man gains enough wisdom and life experience, he stops being Atheist even though it's "cool and hip" to be Atheist, which is why younger men tend to be Atheist while older wiser and more experienced men tend to be the opposite.

Anyway, my point is that the men I connect with best, tend to be WHITE. So most of my friends are white. Right now I'm talking to an American girl from Atlanta that is like a female version of me and a HAer too, who is WHITE as well. So both men and women that I connect with best are WHITE. Why is that? That's not a coincidence. Asians simply cannot connect on a deeper wavelength and are not freethinkers like I am. This is obvious. So why are devil advocates like momopi trying to debate this? Even though deep down they know I'm right?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
June 19th, 2016, 10:58 am
Winston wrote: Let me ask you something Momopi that my China WeChat group FAILED to answer.
<snip>

I'll take that $100 (hopefully in USD and not pesos). You really should Google women chess players in China before making such claims. The current Women;s World Chess Championship title is held by 侯逸凡.

Look up Hou Yifan 侯逸凡, Xie Jun 謝軍, Zhu Chen 諸宸, Xu Yuhua 許昱華, and Wang Lei 王蕾.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2 ... nship_2016
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2 ... ampionship
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_in_China

P.S. I don't think it's really proper for women to approach and play chess with random old men in a park over there. In Asia women who approach groups of men playing board games in the park are sometimes seen as prostitutes selling their wares.

China:
http://www.thatsmags.com/china/post/413 ... or-old-men

(NSFW)

Korea:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacchus_Ladies

"Bacchus Ladies (Hangul: 박카스 할머니; RR: bagkaseu halmeoni) are elderly Korean prostitutes who solicit in parks and plazas in Seoul for sex in nearby motels. They traditionally made a living by selling bottles of the popular Bacchus energy drink in the parks where elderly men gather for a chess game and a chat with their friends. The women are in their 50s, 60, even their 80s.[1] The price of selling sex is about 20,000 to 30,000 won ($18-26) or even less if the man is a regular client.[2][3][4][5][6][7] In a testimony, about 400 women work in Jongmyo Park in Seoul. The younger men in their 20s to 40s are also becoming their clients.[8][2]"

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27189951
Ok fine @momopi. I guess some Chinese female world chess champions qualify as "being good chess players". So technically, you win the bet. PM me your PayPal email address and I'll send you $100.

But why do we never hear about any Chinese female chess champions on the news? No one seems to know about it. Also, are these women only good against other women? Are they good against men? Could they beat me?

My point still stands though. I've never met any Chinese female good at chess or even likes it. And I'll bet you personally do not know any either. That's a bet I'm sure to win. So you get my point. These Chinese women who are good at chess and compete in tournaments must be far less than one in a million. No one here probably knows any of them.

Also, you twisted my point about Chinese playing chess in public parks into naughty geeky humor again. :P My point is, any Chinese female can go to a park and ask to play chess with the older men. It doesn't have anything to do with selling services or P4P. Why can't an older Chinese woman go to a park and challenge the men or ask to play? I'm sure the men don't mind.

Moreover, there are a few older women there who are the wives of the men playing chess. Why don't those women play too? Why do they only watch their husbands play chess? You see my point? You never see any Chinese women play chess. It's considered a waste of time for them and they find it boring and their minds are not geared toward logical thinking. The female mind is hardwired differently, as we all know.

Anyway, back to the point in the OP. I wasn't talking about Asians having intelligent conversations about things like pop culture or practical things like real estate, investment, etc. I know Asians who can talk about those things, including yourself. I was talking about esoteric topics like higher truth - Gnosticism, UFO's, New Age stuff, Philosophy, original ideas and theories (like me and Alex have), etc.

You even admitted yourself Momopi, that Asians like to have intelligent discussions about practical things only, not about abstract topics. So you admitted that I was right by saying that. Remember?

I'll even bet that you Momopi, cannot hold an intelligent discussion about Gnosticism, Hermeticism, Metaphysics, Philosophy, etc. Nor do you have any original theories of your own. Right? Without looking at Google, you probably don't even know who Helena Blavatsky or Manly P Hall are. Or what Gnosticism even is. Right? If we were sitting in a park and you didn't have access to Google, you could not discuss such subjects. See what I mean?

Furthermore, a few more questions. If you think Asians are smart, then:

- Why are Asians in Asia so horrible at giving directions? They always point in one general direction and cannot conceptualize enough to give step by step, turn by turn directions, like Americans and Europeans do. And yes this is true even when they are speaking in their own NATIVE ASIAN LANGUAGE TOO! So this has nothing to do with language. Chinese and Filipinos admit this about their own people too, that they suck at giving step by step directions and are not articulate the way WHITE people are. Rock noticed this too, and he said the Japanese were an exception, they are the only ones in Asia that like to give step by step directions. Strange. Makes Asians look stupid.

- How come in China, no one in any convenience store or hotel can understand me when I say in Chinese "the white powder you use to wash clothes" or "the soapy things you use to wash clothes"? Anyone can deduce that I must be talking about laundry detergent. Even in Angeles City the store girls are able to figure out what I mean. I tested it on them once for fun. But NO ONE I ask in Mainland China, using MANDARIN, can figure out that I must be talking about laundry detergent? How can anyone be that dumb????? It's inexplicable. Beyond imagination. You'd think average people in China could put two and two together, or understand a basic description. But no, you gotta use the exact Chinese word for "detergent" or else they are lost.

So you see, Asians are not as smart as White people imagine them to be. See my point? I could give many more examples of course. Why can't you just admit that Asians are very different than Whites in many ways?

- How many Asians do you know who have magnetism and charisma on the radio or TV compared to whites and blacks? I can't think of any. Certainly not compared to the most talented captivating white and black talk show hosts. Asians simply cannot project the type of voice and charisma that whites and blacks can who are talented in public media.

onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I think now, a lot is to do with Asiatic languages. I know with Vietnamese especially, but I think it's to some extent the same in Mandarin, the languages firstly are very general, and secondly in English proper communication basically always answers "Who, what, when, where, why?" I was drinking a Taiwanese bottle of tea in USA, and it said "Plum green tea" and an older Chinese guy I know read the Chinese characters and said "Berry green tea." I said it said plum below. He told me Chinese is very general, and berries are just berries, and usually blueberries, raspberries, etc, aren't distinguished much the way we do it in the West in English. So you can see this in sort of the chabudouism you see especially amongst the mainland.

In Vietnam, not that it's China, but it's so close in some ways it might as well be, I had tons and tons of communication issues. At first I thought it was just English, but I found the problem was for lack of better terms, once stuff is transliterated, people basically talk to each other like blacks do with ebonics. Conversations sort of are simple and a lot of times people basically bark orders back and forth at people, and when giving instructions there's just not a lot of context or detail a lot of the time. The idea is a lot of times context is supposed to be inferred. It's just very hard to get the details you need even speaking the native language, because people will give a command or a statement without giving a full context. Even reading Vietnamese news articles, most were only 3-4 paragraphs long, and I never saw really anything super complex and long like a Vietnamese Atlantic, and even showing my girlfriend articles from Time Magazine, she thought they were excruciatingly long compared to Vietnamese articles.

I read about an American teacher in North Korea explaining the American concept of a persuasive essay to the kids there, and them not understanding it. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... erica.html He blamed it all on the Kims and Communism, but I think now it's a much deeper oldschool thing. Russians and Eastern Europeans under Communism still managed to write essays. In fact if you read Russian literature, even written in the USSR era, it actually tends to be very verbose and detailed. While maybe it's in the Asian brain or soul, I doubt that as most well read English speaking Asians I met overseas I could have a non-stupid conversation with, not necessarily about aliens and Gnosticism or something, but at least an intelligent back and forth. I think it's just something way deeper in the languages and culture that causes this weirdness.

Some quotes from the article about essays.
A quick look at the articles in the daily newspaper revealed the exact same tone from start to finish, with neither progression nor pacing. There was no beginning and no end.
“What was so strange?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” he said, pausing thoughtfully. “I looked at it as an essay, and I realized that it was different now. Writing in English and writing in Korean are so different, but then it is also the same, and I kept thinking of the essay structure as I was writing it, and it made me feel strange.”

I did not question him further, but I thought I understood. It must have been deeply confusing to approach his writing on Juche like an essay. In his country there was no proof, no checks and balances—unless, of course, they wanted to prove that the Great Leader had single-handedly written hundreds of operas and thousands of books and saved the nation and done a miraculous number of things. Their entire system was designed not to be questioned and to squash critical thinking. So the form of an essay, in which a thesis had to be proven, was antithetical to their entire system. The writer of an essay acknowledges the arguments opposing his thesis and refutes them. Here, opposition was not an option.
Again, he blames Communism and Kim alone, but I think it's still deeper and only when Western culture got introduced to Asia did Asia really advance. Even Sun Yat Sen basically wanted to take the good things of Western culture and apply them, and Japan upon adapting some elements of Western culture took only a few decades to become a world power, going from not even having enough matchlocks for the army to having battleships and airplanes.

http://www.michaeledits.com/close-enough.pdf
Don't know if anyone's read this classic Chinese story about Mr. Chabudou, it's fun.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Rock wrote:
April 28th, 2016, 9:44 am

That's another Asian trait for Winston. Time isn't conjugated in Mandarin or most Asian languages like English, so no thinking in time. Winston is the Asian he hates. :lol:

EDIT:
I must also really be a white egg. I'm responding to you almost 3 years later. loooooooooooooooooooooool.