Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why can't Asians hold deeper intellectual conversations? Why are they never interested in higher truth or philosophy?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

globetrotter
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1023
Joined: November 20th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum

Post by globetrotter » February 28th, 2011, 5:44 am

I was having coffee with a woman and we were discussing Americans.

She noted that '...Americans are impatient, selfish and quick to anger..'

Does that spot-on insight appear to be unintelligent to you? From a Chinese woman in the PRC?




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



dreamer82
Freshman Poster
Posts: 130
Joined: December 9th, 2010, 4:23 am

Post by dreamer82 » February 28th, 2011, 8:28 am

I have met a couple women from the PRC and I found them to be very pleasant. Both of them are fairly recent immigrants and if they had said that Americans are quick to anger, impatient, etc. I might give them some weight. If she had never left the PRC then I would doubt their credibility.

The things that Winston says seem very accurate to me. One of the Chinese woman seemed pretty interested in me but one problem is my lack of ambition. She is very studious, even after acquiring a Masters in china. she is no spring chicken but even so, it all study study study. I couldn't go deep conversation wise. But she is still very charming and thoughtful.

The other girl was very cute. She was here to get a Masters in physics. When I asked her what she wanted to do afterwrds, she said "Cooking". This was her real love. That made me question why she was so hell bent on physics. Maybe she meant cooking, as in nuclear warheads. No, she was charming. I think her mother demanded the M.S. despite her wishes and she dutifully complied.

I never heard them say anything negative about Americans. In fact, the older woman passed her citizenship test and seems very proud. I'm not defending the US because I'm kind of lonely and am considering leaving.

When i was in Korea teaching english, an young Korean guy pulled aside at the bookstore and chatted with me, mostly to practice his English. It turned into a lecture about the moral depravity of the US. I just kind of pretended to agree but he wasn't tolerant of any of my objections. Later that afternoon, some korean dude cut in line and gave a dirty look.

Falcon
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1857
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 12:59 am

Re: Why can't most Asians hold intelligent conversations?

Post by Falcon » May 27th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Winston wrote:None of my 53 cousins can hold intelligent conversations.
You have 53 cousins? That's a lot for a Taiwanese family. I know they're not all first cousins, but still.

I only have 3 first cousins. Taiwanese, like Japanese, are having low birth rates these days.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28267
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Why can't most Asians hold intelligent conversations?

Post by Winston » May 29th, 2014, 8:57 am

Falcon wrote:
Winston wrote:None of my 53 cousins can hold intelligent conversations.
You have 53 cousins? That's a lot for a Taiwanese family. I know they're not all first cousins, but still.

I only have 3 first cousins. Taiwanese, like Japanese, are having low birth rates these days.
Yes they are all first cousins. But I have not met all of them. Some are out of touch long ago.

I know you're an exception Falcon, but that cousin Taylor I told you all about in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=22672

is a typical example of what I mean about an Asian who is successful career-wise and did well in school, but cannot hold any intelligent meaningful conversation at all, and has never had an original thought. Talking to him is like talking to a plant. He has nothing to say about any topic. Yet he got straight A's in school and passed medical school, and his parents are very strict and treat their household like a military operation.

One time I even asked him "Have you changed in the past 10 years?" and all he could say was "I don't know." How can a guy not even know if he's changed in the past 10 years? Strange.

Falcon, go to the link above and tell me what you think.

fschmidt told me that he met some medical school students, and found that all they did was memorize formulas and were incapable of thinking. That sounds like him alright.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

bladed11
Freshman Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:14 am

Post by bladed11 » June 1st, 2014, 2:25 am

The part of the brain where creativity resides is the frontal lobe region behind the forehead.

Europeans have much taller foreheads than Asians, who typically have rounder heads.

Basicly.. I am white with i.q of 142 and probably higher now. Even though I don't seem very intelligent...

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 28267
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 1st, 2014, 5:15 am

bladed11 wrote:The part of the brain where creativity resides is the frontal lobe region behind the forehead.

Europeans have much taller foreheads than Asians, who typically have rounder heads.

Basicly.. I am white with i.q of 142 and probably higher now. Even though I don't seem very intelligent...
I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'm not like other Asians because I'm an old soul or an alien soul?

The thing about IQ tests is that they do not measure deep thinking, awareness, or freethought.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

bladed11
Freshman Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:14 am

Post by bladed11 » June 4th, 2014, 10:08 am

Winston wrote:
bladed11 wrote:The part of the brain where creativity resides is the frontal lobe region behind the forehead.

Europeans have much taller foreheads than Asians, who typically have rounder heads.

Basicly.. I am white with i.q of 142 and probably higher now. Even though I don't seem very intelligent...
I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'm not like other Asians because I'm an old soul or an alien soul?

The thing about IQ tests is that they do not measure deep thinking, awareness, or freethought.
Yes, I.Q tests are simply problem solving. Depth is emotional, which will likely be more important in the future. For now it's a cold business world.

bladed11
Freshman Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: September 3rd, 2013, 1:14 am

Post by bladed11 » June 4th, 2014, 10:15 am

Maybe this is part of the reason too

Image

Robert77
Freshman Poster
Posts: 354
Joined: July 20th, 2012, 10:34 am

Post by Robert77 » June 4th, 2014, 11:42 am

IQ is overrated.... IQ simply means you know a lot of facts , you're book smart...

truly intelligent people have high EQ'S and high IQ'S..... a high EQ's helps you deal with people, you learn how to get what you want to get from others, high EQ's allow you to dominate others manipulate others, you also tend to be more street smart.

in asian cultures there is a lot of pushing towards individuals having high IQ's, but little regard is given to EQ

as a result you have a lot of book smart geeks who are great at getting a 9 to 5 job and making money doing what they know how to do but who do not know how to interact with the world and often fail to fulfill the social aspect of their lives.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help

Robert77
Freshman Poster
Posts: 354
Joined: July 20th, 2012, 10:34 am

Post by Robert77 » June 4th, 2014, 11:50 am

bladed11 wrote:The part of the brain where creativity resides is the frontal lobe region behind the forehead.

Europeans have much taller foreheads than Asians, who typically have rounder heads.

Basicly.. I am white with i.q of 142 and probably higher now. Even though I don't seem very intelligent...
what you just wrote here makes you look pretty unintelligent
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help

Rayn
Freshman Poster
Posts: 168
Joined: June 11th, 2012, 2:37 pm
Location: Malaysia

Post by Rayn » June 16th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Robert77 wrote:IQ is overrated.... IQ simply means you know a lot of facts , you're book smart...

truly intelligent people have high EQ'S and high IQ'S..... a high EQ's helps you deal with people, you learn how to get what you want to get from others, high EQ's allow you to dominate others manipulate others, you also tend to be more street smart.

in asian cultures there is a lot of pushing towards individuals having high IQ's, but little regard is given to EQ

as a result you have a lot of book smart geeks who are great at getting a 9 to 5 job and making money doing what they know how to do but who do not know how to interact with the world and often fail to fulfill the social aspect of their lives.
Actual high IQ Asian here. (Mensa member even!)

While I agree that high IQ folks are very book-smart I disagree that getting a typical 9-to-5 job requires booksmartness. It has a lot more to do with how you're good at following employer's orders, being docile enough NOT to argue against them, being good at getting along with co-workers in office and coping with their power-playing/attention-grabbing shenanigans, etc, etc. Those are all EQ stuff. A common complaint from employers here was how graduates seem to flash their high GPA degrees but have near to zero capacity of thinking critically and creatively on what they have learned - or supposed to have learnt in the first place. In other words, a virtual lack of booksmartness.

I have been chronically unemployed and finally settled into being self-employed for this very reason.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2215
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Post by NorthAmericanguy » June 19th, 2014, 12:21 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:That has not been my experience. I found that Asian males are more likely to be oriented towards intelligent conversation. There are exceptions however. I find that Asian women tend to be more influenced by mass media and pop culture.
I concur.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2215
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Re: Why can't most Asians hold intelligent conversations?

Post by NorthAmericanguy » June 19th, 2014, 12:38 am

Winston wrote:This might sound a bit racist and pointless, but it's true.

99 percent of Asians can't hold intelligent conversations. Even educated ones can only talk about pop culture stuff, what they hear in the mainstream media, and general cosmopolitan subjects. They can't think for themselves or outside the box. No free thought at all.

So even among educated Asians, this is true. They can't really think for themselves and have no independent thoughts. They only parrot politically correct statements and understand only simple practical things (as Mr S put it).

None of my 53 cousins can hold intelligent conversations. All they know is work and practical things. No independent thoughts or knowledge of any philosophy or deeper subjects. None of them have any blogs or wrote any articles or books. No rich inner life. (well ok, maybe one is an exception)

If you meet my cousin Dennis, the one that just got married and is an MD, you will find that he can only recite things he learned in medical school. He has no independent thoughts of his own.

Why is this? Why am I so different from the rest?

It's not like I am even that intelligent. My IQ is 120, just a little over average. And I didn't get good grades in school, at least not consistently, for I wasn't good at memorizing tedious data for tests as my mind would wander and I couldn't stop it.

The difference is, I think for myself. I recognize and resist brainwashing and propaganda and mind control. I love knowledge and wisdom. I am curious and ask a lot of questions, which lead to answers and thus more knowledge and understanding. I tell the truth as it is, not how I am programmed to see things.

I know these are fruitless questions. But I still wonder, WHY?!
Winston, I believe that Asians are the most intelligent race. They were developed and had advanced civilizations before any other race. However, unlike Europeans, they decided to stick among themselves on their own land, and considered all outsiders barbarians, so they never colonized the Earth like Europeans did.

And I'm sure you heard of Marco Polo. When he arrived in China, he saw for himself how developed Asians were, and commented if anybody were smarter then the Chinese as he was so blown away at how advanced they were.

Lastly, do you speak Mandarin, or Cantonese? I only ask because I wonder if you can find more stimulating and intelligent conversations with people who speak either of those languages.

Jackal
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1229
Joined: March 4th, 2008, 4:24 am
Location: Hungary

Post by Jackal » June 19th, 2014, 2:11 am

I think the answer to all this is obvious: All these tendencies of Asians to remain bland and boring and to fit in with the group come from the heavy Confucian influences on Asian cultures. Even outwardly westernized Asians probably still retain some of these Confucian influences which they subconsciously absorbed from their parents.

Here's a research paper about the Confucian influence on Japanese and Korean college students. There are some accurate observations in the conclusion.
http://ehlt.flinders.edu.au/education/i ... /paper.pdf

Here's another interesting paper about Confucian influences in modern Asian culture:
http://yoritomo.arts.kuleuven.be/bestan ... rsonal.pdf

So, I don't think that it is so much the case that Asians "can't" hold intelligent and interesting conversations. It is just that, due to Confucian influences, they regard group harmony (conformity) to be much more important than showing off any original or unusual thoughts which they might have.

User avatar
starchild5
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2172
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 11:32 am

Post by starchild5 » June 19th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Being Asian, I agree...However, We should not dismiss Freemasons, Illuminati etc....Even though they have gone to the dark side, they are really brilliant.

In India, The writers, philosophers I admired the most turned out to be freemasons. I didn't know they were before, especially Vivekananda....All Yoga, deep spiritual philosophy of India were created by deep thinkers thats why its so dangerous....Don't do yoga...It will lead you exactly to the evil...BUT its impossible to believe this because these kind of thingies were created by deep thinkers who served the dark force not guys with high IQs

Most Asians, Europeans who are exceptionally brilliant, deep thinkers etc are claimed by the dark forces...We don't get to meet them in open forums, They become the unseen, unknown administrators of their race.

As I have said before, Winston is an exception as he has chosen to serve the light side....Otherwise, if he had chosen to go to the dark side, he would have been on a Rothschild or higher level easily.....They don't like deep thinking personalities from any race to mix up with people and stimulate their thought process.

The dark side knows the power of deep thinkers than most of humanity does. Can you Imagine, 100 Asians who think like Winston, open minded, deep thinking personalities roaming around the streets of Asia, sharing their philosophies in local language...They are not stupid...They won't allow it..They control the planet earth to the T than we are led to believe

Deep thinkers gets post not in NASA or CIA but in Space or underground basis...They are allowed inter galactic travel, they can get everything in this world if only they serve the dark side...The darkness is not stupid...it values deep thinkers more than what humanity does or care...

High IQ is slavery....Darkness values...Deeper Souls..It wants as many of it on his side to administer the world

----------------

Guys like Winston are rarity in Asia with his level of soul development and then choosing to serve the light..Its very hard to do that...

Also, some members will think...It has nothing to do with conspiracies etc...You just have to imagine every other Asian thinking like Winston.....Asia will be free, there wouldn't be any more slavery....They would ideally not like deep thinkers to mix up with dumped down society on a positive level.

The Buddhas, Confucius, Hindu Philosophy, Yoga etc of Asia who are considered Deep thinkers, Philosophers really served the Dark Side....You will find more truths, greater evolutionary path on this forum and from Winston than them. However, they were deeper souls too, they create things that are too hard to understand simply, their thoughts are too overwhelming for most of humanity to comprehend, their whole emotional vibe is too high...they just follow it...that is why its too hard to break their way of thinking than guys with High IQ and the reason they are deserved by the darkness.

Just look at the contradiction. Even though Asia had more spiritual thought process, Spiritual gurus and leaders, it is also one of the most dumped down, Ignorant places on earth...How can u explain it?, if these so called gurus did not serve the dark side...All thought energy of those who follow Asian gurus and thinkers are being directed to the negative,....People in Asia are devolving not evolving following their great spiritual leaders. If not, Asians would be already free with so many spiritual teachers around. But that is not the case.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Rants and Raves”