Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Mobile Theme       Dark Theme

Seattle Freeze - Can America get any more antisocial?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Eric
Experienced Poster

Re: Seattle Freeze - Can America get any more antisocial?

Post by Eric » May 6th, 2017, 1:24 am

I've tried and tried to adapt here - but I'm never happy. I might be autistic or something...I'm willing to admit that. I just appreciate and find other cultures more 'real' and less paranoid and alienating.
I often feel like an alien here.
I definitely haven't dated in years, and I'm sure this has something to do with it. Even my friendships suffer here. There just seems to be nothing under skin deep, here.

I just get tired of acting when going out. I wished the "scene"was different. A bit less narcissistic and paranoid ...and honestly not everything based on "attraction" of men and women to the insane degree. We should have some civility...Nothing wrong, but that eems like there's all there is.
I've found just get it out of your head that you want anything different - you will just make yourself miserable while here. Just try to 'nod to the culture' and get what you can out of it while you are here. Take the good with the bad, and try to glean some depth out of it also...that's the hard part.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!