15 Reasons to Date a Single Mom

Share funny jokes, stories or comical content.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

I feel like they are trolling us...
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Chaps, the article title says dating" a single mom, not "marrying" one. Yes, I'm sure there are a lot of single moms whose life was defined by slutty, irresponsible behaviour, mindless fun and their kid(s) and limited resources are but a reminder of the consequences of that conduct.

Objectively, there are also lots of single moms who chose to keep the baby after their boyfriend vanished or refused to man up and face their responsibilities. They are the same moms who brave the storm with incredible courage, dedication and spirit of sacrifice. They juggle their parenting duties with a full-time job, becoming smart and resourceful in the way the manage their time and their finances. Yes, they might have limited time to date, yet that doesn't necessarily mean they will have forgotten how to be a woman, let her hair down and and enjoy a night of steamy sex.

I think that's the kind of single mom the article is hinting at. Nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps the US and the UK are full of single moms who have nothing but an increasingly shaky welfare system to rely on. In places like Latin America, the Philippines and even Mediterranean countries like Italy and Spain, not even the most abject poverty will deprive a fatherless child of the love and support of their extended family, that usually including at least one or two male role models.

I was lucky enough to have been raised in a complete and loving family, with more than one maternal and paternal figures (grandparents, uncles and aunties, older cousins) to look up to. Yet, if I had been raised by my mom alone, my grandparents and extended family would have embraced me in the same way they did and made my dad's absence almost irrelevant.

All I am saying is: a single mom cannot be judged outside her social/family context. I heard many of you waxing lyrical on some of the single moms from Russia or Latin America whose photos grace this or that dating site. Winston & C. going all poetic on how innocent and wholesome and sweet and caring they seem, almost as if their roles as mothers reinforces their roles of (potential) girlfriends and wives.

And, frankly, a man who would never give a single mom a glance without even trying to understand who she is and why she is raising a kid alone, is probably the same kind of man who got her pregnant and left her in the cold. Or perhaps he is so handsome, successful and busy fending off female attention, that he can afford to write off the entire category.

So guys, let's not be hypocritical and paint everybody with the same broad brush.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

The WKs just can't help themselves. :roll:
From the bottom up ...

publicduende wrote:And, frankly, a man who would never give a single mom a glance without even trying to understand who she is and why she is raising a kid alone, is probably the same kind of man who got her pregnant and left her in the cold.
I'll re-check and see if I've knocked any of the poor dears up, lately. :roll:
publicduende wrote: I heard many of you waxing lyrical on some of the single moms from Russia or Latin America whose photos grace this or that dating site. Winston & C. going all poetic on how innocent and wholesome and sweet and caring they seem, almost as if their roles as mothers reinforces their roles of (potential) girlfriends and wives.
I've found some of Winston's lyrical waxing about perfect, innocent goddesses truly cringe-worthy. And have said so. :)
publicduende wrote:Objectively, there are also lots of single moms who chose to keep the baby after their boyfriend vanished or refused to man up and face their responsibilities. They are the same moms who brave the storm with incredible courage, dedication and spirit of sacrifice. They juggle their parenting duties with a full-time job, becoming smart and resourceful in the way the manage their time and their finances.
Our own media spares no effort in regaling us with missives about how heroic our population of single mothers are, but, thanks for the reminder.
With all this horse merde, you should have included a pony.

publicduende wrote:Chaps, the article title says dating" a single mom, not "marrying" one.
If it had said "marrying", that would scare off too many Beta-provider men.
I have a couple of books written by the company founder (from my more idealistic days). Care to guess what they promote?
This company is a matchmaking site, but calls itself a dating site. Their aim IS marriage.
Unlike most dating sites, you CAN'T go through and look for pretty faces, etc.

If anyone else cares, I'll make a separate post on how the "service" works vs how it's promoted.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

xiongmao wrote:Spent the night with a couple of Thai single moms. We went in a bar and most of the dancers were also moms.

Moms are good because at least you know other guys thought there was something worth a look.
You'll feel safer around Thai moms. At least you know their not ladyboys.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote:Becoming the step-wallet ...
:lol:
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

publicduende wrote:Objectively, there are also lots of single moms who chose to keep the baby after their boyfriend vanished or refused to man up and face their responsibilities. They are the same moms who brave the storm with incredible courage, dedication and spirit of sacrifice. They juggle their parenting duties with a full-time job, becoming smart and resourceful in the way the manage their time and their finances. Yes, they might have limited time to date, yet that doesn't necessarily mean they will have forgotten how to be a woman, let her hair down and and enjoy a night of steamy sex.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7TWhukY_o0
[/youtube]How many of the brave heroines can we put you down for? :P
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Teal Lantern wrote:
publicduende wrote:Objectively, there are also lots of single moms who chose to keep the baby after their boyfriend vanished or refused to man up and face their responsibilities. They are the same moms who brave the storm with incredible courage, dedication and spirit of sacrifice. They juggle their parenting duties with a full-time job, becoming smart and resourceful in the way the manage their time and their finances. Yes, they might have limited time to date, yet that doesn't necessarily mean they will have forgotten how to be a woman, let her hair down and and enjoy a night of steamy sex.
How many of the brave heroines can we put you down for? :P
That's just dumb. I don't know how old you are, but from your posts I can tell what age your emotional development stopped at, or backtracked to. About 15. Keep being ashamed of your "idealistic days" where you would at least hold a shred of grace, empathy and common sense. Welcome to the New You: brash, PUA-ish, deluded and judgmental. A remarkable change you should be proud of.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

publicduende wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
That's just dumb. I don't know how old you are, but from your posts I can tell what age your emotional development stopped at, or backtracked to. About 15. Keep being ashamed of your "idealistic days" where you would at least hold a shred of grace, empathy and common sense. Welcome to the New You: brash, PUA-ish, deluded and judgmental. A remarkable change you should be proud of.
You see a PUA-ish claim on this thread or any other, by me, you point it out. :!:
"Keep being ashamed ..." -- Um, no. Never said I was ashamed of having been more idealistic.
Less experience == more idealistic. Naturally.
You wanna go with "U can't handle a ste-wong, in-de-pen-dent wummin...", next? :roll:
"deluded and judgmental" -- Oh, dear me. Not All Dark Alleys Are Like That.

I'm in-country and can see what is going on and compare notes with others. My views have matured to match the REALITY of the laws and SEEING how they are enforced and WATCHING what people are going through. It doesn't match your pollyanna thinking, but keep stamping your wishful feet.

You gallop into the thread on your trusty steed "NAWALT", defending undeserved honor, then get irritated that those of us LIVING in the culture and dealing with its lopsided rules don't all fall in line with your view from the OUTSIDE. That's what's dumb.

bonus: Another heroic mom
Mom superglued injured son's genitals
не поглеждай назад. 8)

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Teal Lantern wrote:Our own media spares no effort in regaling us with missives about how heroic our population of single mothers are, but, thanks for the reminder.
I second that. I am sick to death of all the news stories, songs and movies about "heroic" single moms. Why isn't it heroic for a woman to save her virginity for the man she marries, and then stay loyal to him and care for her kids afterward?
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

publicduende wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:
Once again, you have proven what a judgmental, slanderous shithead you are Publicduende. From YOUR posts, you clearly have little emotional development yourself. If you did, then you wouldn't be so quick to judge. Let me ask you, if YOU had any "shred of grace, empathy, or common sense," as you like to put it, then why is it all I ever see from you when you write is judgment and condemnation on men in here that you don't know the first thing about even when it is not warranted? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we are living in DIFFERENT circumstances than you are? We live DIFFERENT lives than you do in DIFFERENT cultures which makes a huge f***ing difference in how we interact with women in each corresponding society and the environment? These things matter. You don't seem to take these into account. Do you think we are all stupid and don't know that some single moms have been burned? I think the answer is yes. You are an arrogant shit that thinks you know everything about the world. That is how YOU talk. Dude, you are 39 years old. When are you going to grow the f**k up? You don't even know the guy, and yet you think you have some divine right to judge him and others on this forum like the hypocrite you are based on what exactly? One f***ing post about single moms? Do you bother to ask WHY these types of posts are made from the point of view of the OPer? No you don't because your immediate response is trying to make someone sound like he means something that he did not. That is called slander. The more I follow your posts, the more sickening your own hypocrisy becomes. The fact that you can't even admit that you are a hypocrite is proof that you have some growing up to do. I admit that I am one sometimes, but I do the best I can to check myself at the door before I talk about something. YOU on the other hand don't even bother to put any effort into it. YOU have no restraint on anything that you say to people. No wonder you are pissing so many people off on here. Perhaps the one that owns the delusion is none other than yourself?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Hero wrote:
Teal Lantern wrote:Our own media spares no effort in regaling us with missives about how heroic our population of single mothers are, but, thanks for the reminder.
I second that. I am sick to death of all the news stories, songs and movies about "heroic" single moms. Why isn't it heroic for a woman to save her virginity for the man she marries, and then stay loyal to him and care for her kids afterward?
Oh come on now, I was referring to the fact many single moms work hard to raise the children on a (perhaps shitty) full-time job and make ends meet every month. That's what I mean, if it wasn't clear enough. Nothing wrong in being pregnant without getting married, but if it's the man who goes away, what is she supposed to do? Abortion? Giving the baby up for adoption? Some of them do it, but so many others don't and have to live with the consequences of that event. While the man is often nowhere to be found and free to continue f***ing around.

Not that I have much incentive anymore in posting on this forum, but it ain't helping that every time I pop in I find a lot of posters with the same mix of cynicism, fake masculine pride, MRA, PUA, sexism/racism and plain social dysfunction. If this is what the US of A have become, I guess it's wasteland across the board.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

publicduende wrote:Oh come on now, I was referring to the fact many single moms work hard to raise the children on a (perhaps shitty) full-time job and make ends meet every month. That's what I mean, if it wasn't clear enough. Nothing wrong in being pregnant without getting married, but if it's the man who goes away, what is she supposed to do? Abortion? Giving the baby up for adoption? Some of them do it, but so many others don't and have to live with the consequences of that event. While the man is often nowhere to be found and free to continue f***ing around.
Surely you realize that in the vast majority of cases, solo mothers get that way as a result of sex with dirtbags they know darn well are not going to marry and support them (the dirtbags having an obvious reproductive advantage in modern society and therefore being seen as attractive) or by having their provider husband evicted by the pigs in order to have sex with the aforementioned dirtbags. You seem to want to come on here and say the stupidest things possible.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Guyver wrote:Once again, you have proven what a judgmental, slanderous shithead you are Publicduende. From YOUR posts, you clearly have little emotional development yourself. If you did, then you wouldn't be so quick to judge. Let me ask you, if YOU had any "shred of grace, empathy, or common sense," as you like to put it, then why is it all I ever see from you when you write is judgment and condemnation on men in here that you don't know the first thing about even when it is not warranted? Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we are living in DIFFERENT circumstances than you are? We live DIFFERENT lives than you do in DIFFERENT cultures which makes a huge f***ing difference in how we interact with women in each corresponding society and the environment? These things matter. You don't seem to take these into account. Do you think we are all stupid and don't know that some single moms have been burned? I think the answer is yes. You are an arrogant shit that thinks you know everything about the world. That is how YOU talk. Dude, you are 39 years old. When are you going to grow the f**k up? You don't even know the guy, and yet you think you have some divine right to judge him and others on this forum like the hypocrite you are based on what exactly? One f***ing post about single moms? Do you bother to ask WHY these types of posts are made from the point of view of the OPer? No you don't because your immediate response is trying to make someone sound like he means something that he did not. That is called slander. The more I follow your posts, the more sickening your own hypocrisy becomes. The fact that you can't even admit that you are a hypocrite is proof that you have some growing up to do. I admit that I am one sometimes, but I do the best I can to check myself at the door before I talk about something. YOU on the other hand don't even bother to put any effort into it. YOU have no restraint on anything that you say to people. No wonder you are pissing so many people off on here. Perhaps the one that owns the delusion is none other than yourself?
Hmm, this must be another one of my magic powers, that of resuscitating dormant posters from the dead.

Now, where do you see the judgement and condemnation? We obviously don't know each other in person and "judge" each other on what we write here. If you, TL or others write posts that are nothing more than a rehash of the same tired stereotypes about Western women, American women, single moms, betas and manginas, what kind of response do you expect to receive? Not just me, but ANYONE with a quantum of common sense and knowledge of how things work outside their little gardens will tell you EXACTLY the same thing: you're taking a part and assuming it's the whole, you're generalising, you're exaggerating and projecting on the basis of preconceptions, fringe theories and stereotypes.

How exactly do you define your "inside" as opposed to my "outside"? You think the pool of single moms in the US is that different from that in the UK, where I have been living for over 15 years? You think I have never seen council estates packed with welfare single moms, the flats and £23K/year in benefits they get as a reward for popping two or three random children who will probably grow up as deprived and dysfunctional as their parents? You think I don't read newspapers and walk around and observe?

The only reason why my take on single moms (as on quite a few other subjects) is different from yours, is because I don't like to generalise and, precisely when my knowledge is uncertain and incomplete, I prefer to keep an open mind and reject final judgements, especially when they sound unnaturally cynical and cruel.

For one last time, all I am saying is: single moms may well be a disturbing social phenomenon by the law of large numbers, yet when looking at each woman individually, they might have something different to tell you from your narrow definition. Single moms are women and, as such, they come in all sorts of flavours. There are underschooled, dumb methheads from deprived neighbourhoods who are single moms, and there are smart girls who got accidentally knocked up by their boyfriends and had the courage to keep their babies and reshape their lives around them, giving them all the love and support of an affectionate, if incomplete, family. Perhaps they have their extended families next to them, or perhaps they will have to brave the storm all alone.

Mind you, I am not adding a poetic vein, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

The problem I see here is not with this specific topic. It's with the chronical lack of tact, empathy and common sense, or the simple intellectual laziness that leads many of you to find solace into a nest of stereotypes and generalisations, finding further comfort in seeing that a majority shares the same views. Feminism, Zionism, big government and even the odd conspiracy thrown in, are a comfortable cushion.

That your have your own circumstances, society and ways to interact with women isn't much of an excuse, if you want to make your points on a public forum open to people the world over. There are books, the web, and - for the more adventurous of you - actual travelling for opening your minds to the bigger picture. The more you open up, the more balanced your views will become. This much I guarantee you.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:
publicduende wrote:Oh come on now, I was referring to the fact many single moms work hard to raise the children on a (perhaps shitty) full-time job and make ends meet every month. That's what I mean, if it wasn't clear enough. Nothing wrong in being pregnant without getting married, but if it's the man who goes away, what is she supposed to do? Abortion? Giving the baby up for adoption? Some of them do it, but so many others don't and have to live with the consequences of that event. While the man is often nowhere to be found and free to continue f***ing around.
Surely you realize that in the vast majority of cases, solo mothers get that way as a result of sex with dirtbags they know darn well are not going to marry and support them (the dirtbags having an obvious reproductive advantage in modern society and therefore being seen as attractive) or by having their provider husband evicted by the pigs in order to have sex with the aforementioned dirtbags. You seem to want to come on here and say the stupidest things possible.
That is very possible, especially in certain areas. This though doesn't mean you should bash on every single mom out there. Unless you have Hollywood stud or billionaire status and have plenty of first-choice hotties around you, what is wrong with meeting a few single moms and judging them for who they are? Just apply your discernment and common sense. Two mental muscles that don't really get much exercise if you continue to dish out sweeping generalisations.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Our own media spares no effort in regaling us with missives about how heroic our population of single mothers are, but, thanks for the reminder.
With all this horse merde, you should have included a pony.
:lol: