Many years of solitude the norm in western countries?

Share funny jokes, stories or comical content.
mrrobin
Freshman Poster

Many years of solitude the norm in western countries?

Post by mrrobin »

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0waMV_4Fc9s[/youtube]

Found the animation pretty funny.

Is it really the new normal to have "years of solitude" in the Westernized world
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Many years of solitude the norm in western countries?

Post by jamesbond »

mrrobin wrote:[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=0waMV_4Fc9s[/youtube]

Found the animation pretty funny.

Is it really the new normal to have "years of solitude" in the Westernized world
This video makes a lot of sense.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I know one woman who is about 5'11''. Her family is from Croatia, but of course she is Croatian-American. Very dark skin almost Arabic in appearance. I've been around her as men complimented her on her beauty. She goes out. Yet she can't find a boyfriend. She hasn't told me why. Unfortunately we are not each other's type. So we both remain single.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Adama wrote:I know one woman who is about 5'11''. Her family is from Croatia, but of course she is Croatian-American. Very dark skin almost Arabic in appearance. I've been around her as men complimented her on her beauty. She goes out. Yet she can't find a boyfriend. She hasn't told me why. Unfortunately we are not each other's type. So we both remain single.
If she is really good looking you can bet she has guys asking her out. She is probably just very picky about what types of men she want's to get involved in. The more options a woman has, the more picky she is going to be.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Adama wrote:I know one woman who is about 5'11''. Her family is from Croatia, but of course she is Croatian-American. Very dark skin almost Arabic in appearance. I've been around her as men complimented her on her beauty. She goes out. Yet she can't find a boyfriend. She hasn't told me why. Unfortunately we are not each other's type. So we both remain single.
Well if you have no intention of ever being serious with her, make a deal to slip her the long one :lol: :lol: :lol:

I met one croatian girl in germany. She did not look like that at all. Very pretty. She chose to hang out with the saffers as she said we were a lot more fun and non PC. But I was married then so any other kind of fun was out of the question for me. I was there on business. I remember it well as I flew back to SA the day after 9/11 when most flights were blocked, but not to africa. Any one who was like that girl, arab looking, would have been given a very hard time at the airport :lol: I still had a pocket knife in my pocket, as was normal back then, and they let me on, just saying next time put it in your luggage.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

jamesbond wrote:
If she is really good looking you can bet she has guys asking her out. She is probably just very picky about what types of men she want's to get involved in. The more options a woman has, the more picky she is going to be.
I dont know. Some old man we worked with kept trying to set her up with his tennis coach. And I overheard one time when someone suggested to her that she go with me, but she declined that suggestion. (I was approaching their desk as they were talking and overheard them.)
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

What's simple is true, it's occultic but I have to say it - it's true. As above so below as within so without.
You have to understand this.
If you're happy, you'll find that happiness around you.
Etc. etc. with negativity, gloom and anger.

It's not the same thing as the Secret, this is hermetic.

Try it!
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I just witnessed (gave the gospel) to a homeless man (while I was out trying to look for a woman). He said he is homeless not because he is crazy because he isn't (when I witness to most homeless people it seems like their mind turns to mush and out comes gibberish). He said he came home one day and his wife was committing adultery with another man. He said he did something bad but wouldn't tell me what it was (it wasn't murder). During the divorce he lost everything, including his children. Sad. But now he has treasure in heaven. I can't wait to find out what Christ is going to do to his ex-wife, the adulteress.

Salvation is easy. Once the person realizes that it is a free gift simply for believing in Christ, and that because it is a gift, it is unmerited: it can't be lost and neither is it earned. It's by grace.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Adama wrote:I just witnessed (gave the gospel) to a homeless man (while I was out trying to look for a woman). He said he is homeless not because he is crazy because he isn't (when I witness to most homeless people it seems like their mind turns to mush and out comes gibberish). He said he came home one day and his wife was committing adultery with another man. He said he did something bad but wouldn't tell me what it was (it wasn't murder). During the divorce he lost everything, including his children. Sad. But now he has treasure in heaven. I can't wait to find out what Christ is going to do to his ex-wife, the adulteress.

Salvation is easy. Once the person realizes that it is a free gift simply for believing in Christ, and that because it is a gift, it is unmerited: it can't be lost and neither is it earned. It's by grace.
Adama, as a friend even though I never met you and dont know you, do NOT go out looking for women. You will only meet bad ones. Just be yourself and the right one will come, When she comes and you doubt, then prayer for wisdom will help. Do NOT believe homeless people and beggars. They will have a sob story to try and get something out of you. That is not believing in Christ. They are only believing they can fool you. If they wanted your faith they would be in church. Don't let your loneliness blind you.

I don't expect you will listen to this. I just hope it works out for you as my path is not yours.

Be blessed boeta.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Kradmelder wrote:
Adama wrote:I just witnessed (gave the gospel) to a homeless man (while I was out trying to look for a woman). He said he is homeless not because he is crazy because he isn't (when I witness to most homeless people it seems like their mind turns to mush and out comes gibberish). He said he came home one day and his wife was committing adultery with another man. He said he did something bad but wouldn't tell me what it was (it wasn't murder). During the divorce he lost everything, including his children. Sad. But now he has treasure in heaven. I can't wait to find out what Christ is going to do to his ex-wife, the adulteress.

Adama, as a friend even though I never met you and dont know you, do NOT go out looking for women. You will only meet bad ones. Just be yourself and the right one will come, When she comes and you doubt, then prayer for wisdom will help. Do NOT believe homeless people and beggars. They will have a sob story to try and get something out of you. That is not believing in Christ. They are only believing they can fool you. If they wanted your faith they would be in church. Don't let your loneliness blind you.

I don't expect you will listen to this. I just hope it works out for you as my path is not yours.

Be blessed boeta.
How is it that you tell me not to testify to lost sheep? I did not give him any money. Nor did he ask me for any.

And salvation has nothing to do with church attendance. Probably for you that's your stumbling block.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Kradmelder wrote:

Be blessed boeta.
By the way, I will not be taking any advice on women from you. In the future, please refrain from giving me your advice. I don't want it.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Adama, ask yourself is they your way working? Are you happy? we all know the answer to that. If not ask yourself why. Only you can answer that. It has nothing to do with your physical appearance I am sure.

None of your negative emotions can have any impact on people that are happy in their spirit, so save it.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Kradmelder wrote:Adama, ask yourself is they your way working? Are you happy? we all know the answer to that. If not ask yourself why. Only you can answer that. It has nothing to do with your physical appearance I am sure.

None of your negative emotions can have any impact on people that are happy in their spirit, so save it.
Daily you testify of your hatred for humanity, and you describe how you sin against God in detail everyday. I do not take advice from ungodly persons.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

I really have to admit, computers are my biggest problem (I'm sure I share this boat with tons of billions of people across the planet). Still, I'm honest with myself I admit it's isolating - a waste of time, sucking in. Computers make you feel like shit, but it's like time warp. You can't stop though you know it's bad for you.

Forums are by far the worst thing, and I'm trying to manage that right now. I'm close to just banning myself from it - getting off it completely, this dynamic is not healthy. All these people you see on forums here, not healthy either. Please tell me if I'm wrong... It's incredibly isolating and that is not normal - we keep subjecting ourselves to this rather than have real interactions because on face it's easier, but we know it's wrong. It's the worst thing ever.... Pull yourself out of that habit. It's easier to escape than face life. It's like a drug addiction, it addles life. It pulls you right out of real life into a life of isolation and you stop normal interacting - that becomes normal substitute for you. Don't let it become you.

Why were computers given to us and the masses, the world wide web. People were so productive before that, they were communicative, they weren't unmotivated, dysfunctional victim - mentality autistic like, incredibly tangentially-intelligent introverts..... with dysfunctional quiet lives. I think those results point to the reasons why.

Why does the www in Hebrew translate to 666?? Why the hell does APPLE computers have a giant apple on it with a chunk taken out of it. The computers gave us knowledge...like the tree in garden of eden.
Why is JEW York called the Big Apple?
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Eric wrote:I really have to admit, computers are my biggest problem (I'm sure I share this boat with tons of billions of people across the planet). Still, I'm honest with myself I admit it's isolating - a waste of time, sucking in. Computers make you feel like shit, but it's like time warp. You can't stop though you know it's bad for you.
Dude tell me about it, I stayed till 4am last night struggling with a Linux installation, I'm also juggling with three other programming projects.
It's so important to take a few days off and unplug. I think this is part of publicduende's problem too, it seems he is spending too much time working, it can get really isolating like you say.

Eric wrote: Forums are by far the worst thing, and I'm trying to manage that right now. I'm close to just banning myself from it - getting off it completely, this dynamic is not healthy. All these people you see on forums here, not healthy either. Please tell me if I'm wrong... It's incredibly isolating and that is not normal - we keep subjecting ourselves to this rather than have real interactions because on face it's easier, but we know it's wrong. It's the worst thing ever.... Pull yourself out of that habit. It's easier to escape than face life. It's like a drug addiction, it addles life. It pulls you right out of real life into a life of isolation and you stop normal interacting - that becomes normal substitute for you. Don't let it become you.
This forum is real bad on that.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?