If You Wanted to Go To Slovakia...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Fenix
Junior Poster

If You Wanted to Go To Slovakia...

Post by Fenix »

I had a long conversation with my friend from Slovakia. We were talking about men and women relationships and she said that Slovak women used to be loving, caring, etc. and now they all care about money and themselves. She said the same about the Slovak men. I am like, what the blue hell? So, if you wanted to go to Slovakia, maybe you need to rethink it a bit. I don't know if what she is saying is 100% but she has never lied to me. Slovakia is still relatively poor so I don't know why they are becoming money hungry and selfish. It is strange.
Last edited by Fenix on January 17th, 2012, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

They joined the EU that's likely why...

I have a friend named Ivana that lives in Slovakia. She's unique looking, very sexy actually. She had an Africa-American boyfriend at one point and lived with him in London. She was a stay-at-home GF, he wouldn't allow her to work, so she says.

I would say that some women want loaded men so you should be careful but my boy David banged some chick in Bratislava back in '07 while we were both in Europe.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

I was actually in Bratislava for a day trip and yes since joining the EU and currency in Euros things are much different. I do not know about girls I tried contacting girls from Slovakia on one website but after chatting for a week or so she stopped contacting me. I decided to move on. Besides she was thick (not in a good way though).

I think you can score in Slovakia but you might need to go into clubs or I guess look a special way. I look to African (Jamaican heritage) so I guess that I do not know experience in dating Slovakian woman.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: If You Wanted to Go To Slovakia...

Post by Jackal »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:I had a long conversation with my girl friend from Slovakia. We were talking about men and women relationships and she said that Slovak women used to be loving, caring, etc. and now they all care about money and themselves. She said the same about the Slovak men. I am like, what the blue hell? So, if you wanted to go to Slovakia, maybe you need to rethink it a bit. I don't know if what she is saying is 100% but she has never lied to me. Slovakia is still relatively poor so I don't know why they are becoming money hungry and selfish. It is strange.
I've never been to Slovakia, but if it's in any way similar to Hungary, it's possible that your girlfriend may have been exaggerating.

For example, I know Hungarians who say, "Oh, the big cities in Hungary are so dangerous now!" But these cities are not at all dangerous compared to American cities and still have very little violent crime. It's more that Hungarians now just have to take a few of the precautions that normal city people around the world have to take. Some people talk about the old days when they didn't even need to lock their houses and cars...

I think the same thing applies to relationships and people still talk about "the good old days." Sure westernization has made people a bit more selfish and focused on money, but family ties are often still stronger in these areas than they are in most western countries.

So when someone says "worse," you always have to think "well, worse than what?" What's "worse" for them might still be better than what's "average" elsewhere.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

She is likely from Bratislava or some other major city. The girls in the countryside are rarely like that in these countries.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

She's from Zlaté Moravce. I do have to take what you have to say in consideration, Jackal. It may be a little over the top.
Beliso
Freshman Poster

Post by Beliso »

I was in Bratislava (btw it's a beautiful city) not a long time ago and had a different feeling. All people were nice and caring, of course you never know if it's just a facade, and underneath they just want your money. It's good to be more careful, no matter about which country we are talking here!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Gold Diggers can be found in any country. Career Minded Women, not so much.

If they have recently joined the EU then their economic opportunities increased a 100 fold overnight. They can freely travel to other countries for work and this is what often happens. Being new they tend to work harder than native employees and find themselves rising quickly in some cases. However this comes at a price. Polish are view dimly by most Westerns for example.

Western Europe as a whole are full of recent EU members, Poland, Czech Republic, Estonian and Latvian women. Again some native men might date them and that's who they end up dating if not their own men. Save for home girl in Warsaw, I don't know many "Career" focused women from former Eastern Bloc countries. I detect a bit of Gold Digger in Irina.

She said in return for a "Comfortable" lifestyle she was willing to keep a clean home. Hmmm I'm still not sure what that means and needs further investigation.

Maybe I just need to find a girl that just wants me and the other stuff will sort itself out. They are out there, I'll just have to keep looking.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

Most women are looking for security and will take money over looks, its a fact and luckily as we all get older this is the case I guess hehe
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

ringspun wrote:Most women are looking for security and will take money over looks, its a fact and luckily as we all get older this is the case I guess hehe
Most? You mean most exposed regularly to Western Culture. Security can be defined several ways, the mistake most MEN make its whatever is in their wallet (or not).

You have to be a man in CONTROL of your situation. Do you know where you'll be in 2-5 years, 10 years? Do you have anyion direction? Career accomplishments are not always considered having direction....
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Re: If You Wanted to Go To Slovakia...

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

Phx wrote:I had a long conversation with my friend from Slovakia. We were talking about men and women relationships and she said that Slovak women used to be loving, caring, etc. and now they all care about money and themselves. She said the same about the Slovak men. I am like, what the blue hell? So, if you wanted to go to Slovakia, maybe you need to rethink it a bit. I don't know if what she is saying is 100% but she has never lied to me. Slovakia is still relatively poor so I don't know why they are becoming money hungry and selfish. It is strange.

It's happening all over the world now, there is no place left, the Jews have used their Media to brainwash the entire world now and everything of value is now gone. They have had everyone all over the world turn away from God, and now the only thing left is money and pleasure from sin, there is nothing left anymore anywhere in the world.

The Son of Perdition is now to show up, and most all people all over the world will in fact accept his mark and worship him as god.

Some of us will be put to death (thank God) for following after Christ, while the whole world rejoices in our deaths, because people by their very natures are evil and love evil and hate God and being told what to do by God, they love Satan who allows them to do whatever it is they want to do.

This world has always been my enemy all my life and is now a million times more my enemy, there are no good people left on this planet, everyone follows Satan now.

Devils Advocate
DevilsAdvocate
Freshman Poster

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

And just so the world doesn't forget, if we were to go back in time 50 years ago all of you would have yourself a wife and have some children and she would take care of the house and the children and you and you would work everyday to support your family, and watch your kids grow up and say daddy to you. You would be happy as a person. Christmas would come around and everyone would be in the Christmas spirit with songs and lights and Christmas trees everywhere, with commercials on TV about the Christmas and all the good wonderful things that go along with it.

And it doesn't matter whether you're black or white or asian or latino, makes no difference, everyone had families and children and had good lives.

Now the world is about to go into the great 7 year Tribulation, and at the end the king of this world is going to show up and make everything right, and that king is God's Christ....

And he is going to separate the wheat from the chaff....

The Jews are going straight to Hell, as Christ said they are, for all of them have rebelled against God and taught others to do the same. The only Jew who is saved are those who accept Christ and follow Christ, all others are lost to Satan, which I estimate makes up at least 90% of them.

Devils Advocate
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

djfourmoney wrote: If they have recently joined the EU then their economic opportunities increased a 100 fold overnight. They can freely travel to other countries for work and this is what often happens.
I think you are radically overestimating the effects of EU membership. The EU provides some advantages, but joining the EU doesn't miraculously improve a country and even if it does provide job opportunities in other EU countries, many people in Eastern European countries aren't educated enough or aren't motivated enough to take advantage of them or simply don't want to live too far from their families and friends even if they do have the necessary skills.

Another thing is that the EU consists of a complicated set of agreements and not all EU countries are participating in all of them yet. For example, Romania and Bulgaria are EU countries, but neither of them are members of the Eurozone (they don't use the Euro as their currency), nor are they members of the Schengen Area (you still have to show your passport at the border when you enter them from other EU countries). And Hungary is a member of the Schengen Area, but is not yet a member of the Eurozone.

Here's a nice diagram that illustrates some of this complexity:
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

djfourmoney wrote:
ringspun wrote:Most women are looking for security and will take money over looks, its a fact and luckily as we all get older this is the case I guess hehe
Most? You mean most exposed regularly to Western Culture. Security can be defined several ways, the mistake most MEN make its whatever is in their wallet (or not).

You have to be a man in CONTROL of your situation. Do you know where you'll be in 2-5 years, 10 years? Do you have anyion direction? Career accomplishments are not always considered having direction....
I just said most women want security? its true and yes I am totally in control of my situation financially hence why I wouldn't marry or ever go into financial suicide with a woman!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:Gold Diggers can be found in any country. Career Minded Women, not so much.
Interesting. Never thought about that. Two different types of "Material Girl"!

djfourmoney wrote: I detect a bit of Gold Digger in Irina.

She said in return for a "Comfortable" lifestyle she was willing to keep a clean home. Hmmm I'm still not sure what that means and needs further investigation.
This reminds me of my all-time favorite videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY