What do you think of Italy?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

unemployment in spain is not the focus on my comment.... my comment is italy actually sucks, though still is better than america..... if he wants a sunny mediterranean country with a really fun way of life, go to spain, skip italy...
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston
Site Admin

Re: What do you think of Italy?

Post by Winston »

Wow. Check out the gorgeous architecture in Italy in the Rick Steves travel videos below. Wow! How can you leave that for Asia which has drab ugly architecture in comparison, thus proving that the Asian soul is not rich, beautiful and refined like the Italian soul is? Isn't that crazy and an illogical move? I mean in Europe you have it all, friendly open freespirited approachable girls AND gorgeous soulful architecture too! The best of both worlds. The closest to paradise! How can you beat that? lol. What could be better right? How can you need to escape that?! I can't imagine!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... eves+italy

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out what someone sent me by email about Italy. So you see guys, this just goes to show that everyone's EXPERIENCE and view and what they attract and their destiny, etc are DIFFERENT. So we can't predict anything for certain about any one specific guy and one specific place. Right? Some guys do have a very positive experience in Italy, at least at first. Even if it's only temporary, it's better than nothing and very eye-opening, that's for sure.
Hi Winston,
I am only 17 years old, but I can already tell I don't belong in America. I have no real close friends or relationships. Even the "friends" I do have, I do not connect with. I act completely different in school than whom I actually am as a person. I agree with pretty much every one of your viewpoints on America. I recently took a trip to Italy and it was the best two weeks of my life. The social scene of my age/town and what people my age want to do is pathetic. It's all about partying and random pointless social events. However in Italy, girls their that were my age invited me to go to museum galleries on the weekend. The entire trip and European culture was completely eye-opening. This website has just confirmed all my doubts about America. I enter my final year of school next year and due to the fact that European universities are cheap, I will go to university there. I'm not sure if your aware of Freiburg, Germany but the university there has NO tuition. This compare to America where tuition is through the roof setting one up for a life of debt. Thank you for creating this website were American misfits can find out there is a better life out there. I just wanted to know when you started to realize that America wasn't for you.
How can a university in Germany have no tuition? What's the catch?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:16 am
Many public universities in EU are free or collect only very small fees.
However they are often very crowded.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:17 pm
Winston wrote:
So i can join a university and study european history or drama for free? Wow. How? Would that entitle me to a student visa too?

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 1:47 am
Yohan wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 11:17 pm
Winston wrote:
So i can join a university and study european history or drama for free? Wow. How? Would that entitle me to a student visa too?
For example Universitaet Wien: (University of Vienna Austria)

https://www.univie.ac.at/en/about-us/go ... -overview/
https://hist-kult.univie.ac.at/en/
Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies

These webpages are in English, so check it out for yourself

https://studieren.univie.ac.at/en/tuition-fee/

As US-citizen you will have to pay a fee (approx. USD 900,- per semester)
Students who are citizens of a non-EU/EEA country pay a fee of 726.72 Euro plus the Students' Union fee of 20.20 Euro per semester (total sum of 746.92 Euro) unless one of the following exceptions applies...
Be aware, there is an entrance exam
https://studieren.univie.ac.at/en/degre ... procedure/

Austria is a German speaking region:
For the admission to any bachelor, diploma or master programme instructed in German you must have a proof of German language proficiency.
You need a proof of German language proficiency at level A2 when applying for admission.

About German language test
Do not expect it is so similar to English....

basic = A1, A2,

This is A2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhW8LIR1VEE

advanced = B1, B2

https://www.osd.at/en/exams/oesd-exams/ ... at-c1-zc1/

For C1 listen to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCwdJ5-YIjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEUKwckglkc

C2 would be fluent almost similar to a native speaker.
Berg
Freshman Poster

Post by Berg »

Italy is very beautiful and I personally like Italy actors and actress
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Italy's best days are behind it. Where to begin?

-Irreversibly low birth rates coupled with more and more people leaving to find employment abroad is leading to a demographic time bomb.

-Infusion of swaths of third world migrants who work the lowest levels of the service industries (if at all) are changing the landscape.

-Has been consistently languishing behind the rest of the EU in terms of economic growth.

-Thru self-reported data, Italians are considered the least happy people in Europe:
https://www.thelocal.it/20160317/italia ... be-unhappy
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

I think Italy is a very nice country with beautiful women and scenery.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

SilverEnergy wrote:
November 25th, 2020, 6:33 pm
I think Italy is a very nice country with beautiful women and scenery.
I agree with you the black man invented it all... Happy Thanksgiving.
Time to Hide!
Berg
Freshman Poster

Post by Berg »

Italy actress is so gorgeous and so tall and their face is always glowing.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@hypermak

How was your move back to Italy? Does it look the same as before? Any chaos or paranoia? Can u show me around if i go to Italy? Lol

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 10:12 pm
@hypermak

How was your move back to Italy? Does it look the same as before? Any chaos or paranoia? Can u show me around if i go to Italy? Lol
It was smoother than I expecteed. I am still technically quarantined, but that only means I have reported where I am (home, with my family), I had a test on arrival and will have a second test at the end of the period.

Veneto my region is a "yellow zone", which is the softer set or lockdown restrictions. Our bakeries and restaurants are doing pretty well, in fact better than we thought. We are only supposed to serve at the table/counter until 6 PM, after which it's delivery only. At least 50% of restaurant clientele has always been lunch patrons anyway, so we still have that customer pool.

Not much chaos. People are still shopping normally, wearing masks (no face shield though, unlike in the Philippines). Of course things might always get worse if we get "downgraded" to "orange" or "red" zone.

If you wanted to visit this part of Italy, maybe you'll be around Venice or Verona (the city of Romeo and Juliet), just let me know! :)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do you mean u live near venice and verona hypermak? Wow verona looked so lovely in the 1968 movie of romeo and juliet. U must be in paradise with all that medieval architecture, old towns and cathedrals.

Are you gonna work as a chef in Italy now?

Is everyone wearing a mask there?

If i am in italy are u gonna make excuses and say that you're too busy to see me? Lol. Or will u make time to show me around and introduce me to all your soulful camaraderie Italian friends?