Non-Racist European Countries

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

publicduende wrote:
Banano wrote:None, they are not into asians I can tell you that, unless you dont look like an asian. Even hookers would prbbly reject you. I got friend who is asians and some prostitutes wouldnt sleep with him.
My God what an extreme judgment. What's wrong with being Filipino? So many handsome Filipino/as, some of whom with icon status (just see Mutya Buena and Myleen Klass in the UK, or Mark Dacascos in US).
filousophe, what about Italy? Italy has Europe's biggest community of Filipinos and Italians love Filipinos, the only have positive stereotypes about them: warm, honest, hard working, etc. I lived in Milan for almost 4 years and had a few Filipino friends. I have seen several mixed Italian/Filipino couples, I would say a 75% with a Filipino lady but quite a few with Filipino man as well.

As long as you are not entering Italy illegally and have decent prospects to have a good and independent life, our Filipino friend might be up to a few surprises...
Hi publicduende,

Italy is absolutely a good candidate - i just love the culture (even w/o the first-hand experience), as well as the ladies. man, i even have this one statement about Italy: country of refinement. haha.

but to tell you honestly, i've thought that there's a big chance of me being discriminated in italy - both in terms of romance and career perhaps. this is because of the general perception/impression that might have been brought about by the fact that most filipinos work there as domestic helpers. what i'm basically saying is that i'm pretty quite sure that some italians look down on us. but still we'll never know whether they constitute a huge portion of the italian population.

maybe it's time already that i gotta start focusing on the bright side instead. thanks so much publicduende :)
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

ladislav wrote:You forgot to mention how tall you were and also, may ask you what type of Filipino look you have? A Chinese type, a Spanish type, a pure Malay type?

Also, are you a Filipino or an American of Filipino descent. The difference is enormous as far as visas go and also how you will be received. Also, how well do you pick up languages? A lot of Pinoys think that English is universal and the whole world speaks it. They are in for a shock when they travel to other places and find out that ta-da- in other countries they actually prefer to speak their own languages and not English.

Also, how is your money situation and can you live there for some time?

Anyway, assuming you are a good looking Filipino who is above 5'7" and your features are somewhat Spanish influenced, you have enough money to travel and stay in countries for months or at least weeks. And that you have a passport that will allow you visa free entry or at least it would be easy for you to get a visa.

Well, then. The Baltic countries would be OK, particularly Estonia, I guess. Also Belarus and Eastern Ukraine. Some Asian guys have reported France as a good place, also. Winston had fun in Lithuania, too.
well, my physical features might be at a disadvantage. sad to say but i'm quite far from the so-called standards of beauty established by the west.

i only stand 5'3" and of Malay type. learning a european language is actually my personal project for the next few months. currently, i'm eyeing on french or german, (whichever will help me the most).

i've never gotten any impressions on baltic countries, belarus or eastern ukraine. those are just way too foreign to me (for now). but since you mentioned them, i shall read posts pertaining to them. thank you very much.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

filousophe wrote:Hi publicduende,

Italy is absolutely a good candidate - i just love the culture (even w/o the first-hand experience), as well as the ladies. man, i even have this one statement about Italy: country of refinement. haha.

but to tell you honestly, i've thought that there's a big chance of me being discriminated in italy - both in terms of romance and career perhaps. this is because of the general perception/impression that might have been brought about by the fact that most filipinos work there as domestic helpers. what i'm basically saying is that i'm pretty quite sure that some italians look down on us. but still we'll never know whether they constitute a huge portion of the italian population.

maybe it's time already that i gotta start focusing on the bright side instead. thanks so much publicduende :)
Well, there is a certain stereotypical, or should I say "default" association of a Filipino with the idea that he's either a cleaner/nanny or from a family of clearers/nannies. This doesn't seem to be your case though, as you present yourself as an independent young man who can afford himself a few options as to what country to settle. The main problem with Italy is attaining a social status via what in some north-European country passes for "meritocracy"...it's not who you are of what you do, but how powerful and well connected your family is. I guess Italy is not different from the Philippines on that respect. It must be said though that, since the vast majority of young Italians (girls more than men) are in the same boat in terms of social and financial security, they will surely never slap in your face that you're all alone in a foreign country trying to build yourself a life, including a love life. In fact all you'll get by being who you are is respect and inclusion.

In a nutshell: if you are qualfiied (degree level) you may enter as part of the inflated "quotas" of Filipinos that specific regions (eg. Lombardy, where Milan is) set in projection of their demand of Filipinos as a domestic/commercial helpers. I'm not too aware of the legal process, but can check out for you if interested. Once you're in Italy with a legal permit, your path will be as hard as a young Italian with no powerful connections.

As for girls, it's true that some Italian girls tend to be quite picky and snobbish, but there are also many pockets of good-hearted girls with more traditional values: family, solidarity, inclusion, protecttion of the weaker, etc. They are mostly found in "parrocchias", small communities of young and not-so-young people revolving around a Catholic church. Just make sure you avoid anything with the "CL", or "Comunione e Liberazione" label on them: they're a bunch of catholic freemasons, exclusive, strict and hypocrite as a cult.

I spoke to a few Filipinos in Milan, they said they would never swap their social and family condition in Italy with that of any other country, including countries such as Britain which appear to fare better in terms of welfare (eg. unemployment handouts) but are a harder nut to crack when it comes to demands of social integration.
DigitalNomad
Freshman Poster

Post by DigitalNomad »

nice post
filousophe
Freshman Poster

Post by filousophe »

reviving my old thread.

hello everyone. i'm currently looking at the prospects of visiting Nordic countries, namely, Sweden, Denmark, or Norway (might include Finland too even though i'm not sure if it's considered Nordic).

anyway, any tips on looking finding a girlfriend from the said Nordic countries? are girls in there, based on your experience, racist? what are the chances of them being open-minded and accepting me as a partner?

as i said, i'm only 5'3" and of the Malay type of Filipino. and i'm quite fluent with English.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

I don't think a 5' 3" Asian guy has a chance in hell in any Nordic country. Most Scandinavian women are taller than you are.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

I am also an Asian male planning on traveling to an European country soon. I am above average in height (by American standard) and fairly good looking. However, I am having a lot of problem in the USA. Are European girls just as "romantically" racist as American girls are?
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Most western Europe countries do discriminate against Asian men. The eastern Europe also to a degree but in individual basis you never know. It sucks to be Asian guy looking for romance if your into white girls.
loveblondes
Freshman Poster

Post by loveblondes »

filousophe wrote:reviving my old thread.

hello everyone. i'm currently looking at the prospects of visiting Nordic countries, namely, Sweden, Denmark, or Norway (might include Finland too even though i'm not sure if it's considered Nordic).

anyway, any tips on looking finding a girlfriend from the said Nordic countries? are girls in there, based on your experience, racist? what are the chances of them being open-minded and accepting me as a partner?

as i said, i'm only 5'3" and of the Malay type of Filipino. and i'm quite fluent with English.

Why are you asian guys so obsessed with european nordic women? you guys wont do nothing but wipe out those genes from planet eart.
"you lose money chasing women but you never lose women chasing money"
Franco
Freshman Poster

Post by Franco »

My gf Bella is half Italian. She says Italian men are very aggressive and she was attacked by a group of them and has serious anxiety issues from the assault. It was a group of 4 Italian men that were stalking her late night from the grocery store. She managed to break the legs of the two guys (she knows Taekwondo) but the other two men overpowered her and started beating her. The incident left her traumatized and she had trust issues for a very long time. Her ribs and face were all bruised up - but the emotional toll had long-term effects. She kept this a secret from me for awhile but when she finally told me - she broke down in tears because of the shame. I told her she was very brave to fight them off and that it was nothing to be ashamed about. She is a really sensitive but strong person inside.

She likes Filipino men because we're more gentle. Being kind to others is a good virtue to have. Don't be a woman beating asshole like those 4 bastards who attacked her or if your name is Floyd Mayweather.

Peace. Jah love.
Life is beautiful.
Geeza
Freshman Poster

Re: Non-Racist European Countries

Post by Geeza »

Appearance do play a part but are by no means the whole story. Become interesting, and build your confidence and you'll have success.

Come to London, you'll have a blast.
Sackler
Freshman Poster

Re: Non-Racist European Countries

Post by Sackler »

France
Poland
Possibly Hungary
UA/Russia to a lesser extent

Go visit and come to your own conclusion. Period.