Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Even Julia Roberts is happier abroad? lol

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Even Julia Roberts is happier abroad? lol

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:43 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0879870/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03686.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjay5vgIwt4[/youtube]
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Repatriate » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:15 am

Winston, a lot of superstars and the like move abroad permanently. Brad Pitt and Jolie have a large estate in France that they live on most of the year. Depp moved to France a long time ago and married a French woman. I think Terry Gilliam totally renounced his U.S. citizenship in favor of U.K. citizenship. There are a lot of others too that live abroad.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:45 pm

So why do so many superstars like to move abroad? Aren't their lives in the USA and Hollywood a total "dream come true"? What more do they need that Europe would offer them?

But of course, as we all know, celebrities can't be too truthful. They can only say politically correct things to reporters and the media. So if Depp has reasons about why his life in France is better than the US, or why he likes the culture there better, he can't just say it straight out. lol

Btw, that Julia Roberts trailer was for a movie called "Eat Pray Love" where she goes on a journey of self-discovery by traveling around the world. She plays a character who is happier abroad. But as to whether the real Julia Roberts is happier abroad or not, I can't say. But then again, even if she was, she can't just say it straight out. Celebrities can't risk damaging their reputation by criticizing their own culture. To do so would be "biting the hand that feeds you".

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby zboy1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Winston, Johnny Depp has said some incredibly anti-American statements while abroad; so have many other celebrities as Repatriate as mentioned. Google what Kate Hudson, Harry Belafonte, Sean Penn, and especially Gwyneth Kate Paltrow (lives in U.K.) have said about America. I think the fact many American celebrities get the see the world outside of the U.S., opens their eyes in a lot of cases to the B.S. that goes on in this country.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMhQv6gf1s[/youtube]
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Ok I just saw the film "Eat Pray Love" with Julia Roberts. Not bad at all. It captures the spirit of travel.

The scenes in India where she tries to meditate are funny, and something we can all relate to. There was also a scene in Rome in a barber shop where a guy gives Julia Roberts a rant that Americans don't know how to enjoy pleasure, only entertainment, and how they don't know how to truly live. It was very accurate and I'm surprised that a movie would broadcast such typical comments made by Europeans.

But I got to wonder, how come they would make a movie about a wife escaping the rut of her marriage to travel the world and meet many handsome charming men who all treat her like a princess, but they don't make any films about a guy who leaves his wife to go meet many charming women with positive results?

Also, Julia Roberts looks over the hill now, and it shows. It's not likely that handsome foreign men would fall for her character like that and chase her to try to win her love. Yeah right.

Winston
Site Admin

Return to European Countries