Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What are German/Swiss women like?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: What are German/Swiss women like?

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:47 pm

The vast majority of men who live in Germany, at least those who are over 40, do not approach women. Indeed to do so marks you as a beta loser. Women will throw themselves at you if you are over 40 and look like you are a "good catch". I have had women that I have met on the tram give me their numbers and ask me to call. One woman I met at my tram stop? We were 5 minutes at the stop waiting for the tram and 10 minutes on the tram.

She had given me her number. Told me the days her husband was usually out of town. Her address. How she was ssssssooooooo lonely and needed some "company". I am not kidding.

I have had women simply come and sit at my table in a restaurant and throw themselves at me. The fastest I have been asked if I was looking for a wife was THREE MINUTES.

Of course, I look a little "older and distinguished" so I am getting the 35-40s THROWING themselves at me. I am a bit overweight for what I would like to be...no James Bond.

The ONLY woman I have approached in Germany was the woman who went on to later become my fav#1. The only reason I approached her was that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen and I wanted to tell her so. I didn't want to date her as she was not from my cultural background. She was very surprised that all I wanted to say was how beautiful she was and no more...that does not happen to her often. Apart from that? I NEVER approach a woman no matter HOW HARD she tries to attract my attention.

It is a "power" game. If I wait for her to come to me then all the standard questions are answered. She has to approach me. Period.

The women know that any man who approaches her first is a beta loser smuck. They know that if they want an alpha he is NEVER going to approach her first....this is what happens in a post feminist society.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 pm

jamesbond wrote: That's another reason why it's so hard for women to meet men in Germany. :D

James,
it is NOT HARD for a woman to meet a man in Germany. She just has to be prepared to date betas.

I was in a bar with a mate and his mate from the USA recently here. This is not a pick up joint...its just a regular bar. Anyway. This woman comes in. Shes about 40. She buys herself a glass of wine and sits at the bar alone. This beta loser approaches her and they talk for 5 minutes and she disses him. Next beta loser approaches her and they go off together to some local hotel most likely.

The guy from the USA was like "Man, does that happen often around here?" My friend and I confirmed... "No, that is very unusual, it is not very often a beta smuck will actually approach a woman like that, he must be really desperate."

The guy didn't look tttoooooo bad...but a man to approach a woman like that in a bar is very unusual here. I have no idea what it is like in the 20s crowd.

Mostly in the about 40 crowd the woman would have to be approaching men. As long as she has the gusto to approach men she will do ok. But she is not going to find a husband that way. She is going to find a guy like me or one further down the scale. Men are happy to date women for a while but they are marrying far less frequently now. The birth rate is half what it was 40 years ago.

In the 30s crowd the women complain bitterly about finding men. It is "all the men want to drink beer, play computer games and watch football. They all have low paying jobs not suitable for a family. Its impossible to find a man ready to settle down and have a family any more."

If I had a euro each time I have heard that!!!

I think one reason I get attention is that I was such a great father and husband and it shows. Women are always asking me if they can have the chance to change my mind about more babies and I tell them they are welcome to. Women are looking for man-slaves and they are in short supply in Germany.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesbond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:13 pm

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:A man to approach a woman like that in a bar is very unusual here. I have no idea what it is like in the 20s crowd.

Mostly in the about 40 crowd the woman would have to be approaching men. As long as she has the gusto to approach men she will do ok. But she is not going to find a husband that way. She is going to find a guy like me or one further down the scale. Men are happy to date women for a while but they are marrying far less frequently now. The birth rate is half what it was 40 years ago.

In the 30s crowd the women complain bitterly about finding men. It is "all the men want to drink beer, play computer games and watch football. They all have low paying jobs not suitable for a family. Its impossible to find a man ready to settle down and have a family any more."

If I had a euro each time I have heard that!!!

I hear what you are saying but I have absolutely no interest in women in their 40's, I am only interested in women in their 20's and maybe early 30's. From what I have heard, women in Germany who are in their 20's and 30's go YEARS without meeting men, because men simply do not approach them.

This is music to my ears, because that means there are more women available in that age group. Here in America, most women in their 20's and 30's have boyfriends and the ones that don't have boyfriends are getting asked out almost every day! :shock:

You would not believe how aggressive men in the US when it comes to meeting women. We have "pickup artists" here who go to seminars and learn how to approach women in bars, clubs, bookstores and grocery stores. So, if you live in big city in the US like I do, the women you meet are getting asked out almost every day! This creates a nightmare dating scene for men, because women's standards are off the charts when it comes to meeting men.

I much prefer to meet women in countries where the woman are not getting asked out every day. This is why Germany is so intriguing, the men don't pursue women, which means more women will be available and they will be open to meeting men in bookstores and grocery stores. Try meeting women in bookstores or grocery stores in the US, it simply does not work! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:39 am

Think Different wrote:He also said that the Swiss women are about as exciting in bed as a dead fish (I have no personal experience with them however)....

GLAD TO HEAR IT!

:wink:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:32 am

Hi James,
I have been hit on by women in their 20s in Germany. Trust me. There is a REASON why men are not interested. Of course this is not ALL of them as I have only been hit on by a few women in that age group.

One polish chick I have met a few times socially? (She is a social acquaintance of "Sue"). I saw her at a restaurant in the fall last year. (In Germany the "bars" are mostly also good restaurants...it is not like the US or Australia or UK).

So I asked her what she had been up to over the summer. She said she had been a groupie for a US band and traveled around europe all summer having sex with the band members to pay her way. Charming. Not a hint of bother about the statement. She might as well said "working at Aldi saving for my school fees".

So I suggested she might change the topic of conversation. So she talked about how much her hamster missed her while she was away. I am NOT kidding you.

I asked my fav#1 what the hell that was all about. She just said "western women have nothing between their ears". For her Polish counts as "western".

Another 28 year old romanian woman hit on me and her major topic of conversation was all the "hello kitty" merchandise she owned. I am NOT kidding. This is what these women talk about.

My czech lady friend was 30 and her topics of conversation were much more realistic and enjoyable to be a part of.

I did meet one 22 year old woman who did seem to have her head screwed on correctly....just met her once....have not seen her around again. But at 48? What am I going to do with a woman the same age as my former daughter? As pretty as 22 year old women are, it would not feel right to me. This girl actually looked like my former daughter a little as well.

I went on ONE date four years ago with a woman who owned her own chemist shop. She as the daughter of a senior political figure here in Germany. Never married. No children. She had the cartier watch and the gucci handbag. Never wanted for anything in her life. Now she wanted a "husband" and I was looking for wife 2.0 at the time. Met her on match.co.uk.

I have never met an angrier and more sour woman in my life. Over the phone she came across quite fine but we scheduled to spend the weekend together with me staying at a hotel. It was a 5 star as that is the only hotel she knows about apparently.

Anyway....during lunch on the saturday she actually said "I hate my grand mother" So I asked why that would be.

"During the war many people moved their valuables out into the forrest and lived in the forrest to protect their family valuables from the bombings. My grand mother would not leave the family home. So in one of the bombings the family home and all our valuables were destroyed. If she went into the forrest I would stand to inherit much more money than I do now."

I was SHOCKED that someone could say that. I immediately crossed her off as a "possible wife 2.0" but I did have the rest of the weekend already planned...so I decided I would "listen and learn" as to her attitudes and opinions....boy did I get an education. There is no sane man alive who would touch this woman as a "wife" and I guess that is why she was never married.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby OzGuy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:07 am

German women definitely respond more positively to flirting and compliments. Why? because they aren't used to it, German men rarely flirt or tell them how beautiful they are. Anglo women hear it on a daily basis. If you try and flirt with an Anglo woman, or even give her a compliment, she will probably call you a "creep".

I have been flirting with a German woman and she loves it! Flirting with her makes her giggle and smile. If you were to flirt with an Anglo woman she would have a hostile look on her face, with the expression of "get away from me".
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am

OzGuy wrote:German women definitely respond more positively to flirting and compliments. Why? because they aren't used to it, German men rarely flirt or tell them how beautiful they are. Anglo women hear it on a daily basis. If you try and flirt with an Anglo woman, or even give her a compliment, she will probably call you a "creep".

I have been flirting with a German woman and she loves it! Flirting with her makes her giggle and smile. If you were to flirt with an Anglo woman she would have a hostile look on her face, with the expression of "get away from me".

Yes, anglo women DO NOT want guys flirting with them (unless the guy is rich and famous). Most attractive anglo-women already have boyfriends, so if you flirt with them, this will piss them off.

Compare this to women in Germany who DO NOT have guys flirting with them. If you are friendly and flirtacious with a german women she will appreciate it and not think you are a creep.

You don't have "pickup artists" in Germany teaching men how to do "day game" and how to go "sarging" in order to meet women. In anglo-countries, there is a whole sub-culture of guys who pay thousands of dollars to learn "game" so they can meet women in bars, clubs, bookstores, grocery stores and shopping malls. This does not exist in Germany thank God, so the women there are not getting hit on every day like they are in the US, UK, Canada and Australia.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby OzGuy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Another quote by an american woman about German men:

"The phrase "going Dutch" is a misnomer. "Going German" would have been more appropriate. Be sure to bring money because it's likely you'll be splitting the bill. Also, don't expect any romantic frills. There will be no door opening, no pulling your chair out, no letting you order first, no car door holding. You may even take public transportation to get wherever you're going. Germans aren't exactly suave daters."

A friend of mine gave me good advice - she said "if at the end of the meal he says to the waiter "getrennt, bitte" ... never go out with him again. It's a good rule of thumb.

I went out with a German guy who would walk through every door before me, and then just tip it open with his finger on his way through for me ... wow! he tipped it just enough to stop it from slamming in my face. When I asked him about it, he said it's because there could be something dangerous inside the place (restaurant, Berghuette etc.), and the man needs to walk in first to make sure it's safe. Sure, there could be raging Wildschweine inside that might attack me ...

I'm living in London now, and I love how all the men jump back when the lift arrives - for the ladies to step inside first. Now that's what I call chivalry!!! ) I like it! Makes me feel like royalty!

What? you mean you had to get public transport to your date instead of being picked up? Oh you poor princess!

Gotta love how she hates the fact that she has to "bring money" haha.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:36 pm

LOL!! She is being treated like a man in Germany and she does not like it....she wants "chivalry"...she wants to be "treated like royalty"!!! LOL!!

And women wonder why we no longer take them seriously? Women wonder why we call them hypocrites in the west?

A guy from The Spearhead who lived in the US took a trip to Berlin. He said he was shocked at how the women treated the men they were with nicely. He had never seen it before in his life. I, for one, see women treat their men very nicely at social functions I have attended as well as just observing people in restaurants. I have always been treated pretty well by women in Germany no matter where they come from. (There are VERY few UK women in Germany). (The woman who did the "crazy woman" thing being a conspicuous exception.)

Public transport is standard in Germany. Especially among the young as they could not possibly afford a decent car. Cars are expensive to run here compared to public transport. And the public transport is so good owning a car as a single man is a waste of money. We all have to get a bit of exercise anyway. So going on a date and taking public transport is normal.

Indeed, one time I actually had to rent a car and was with a lady friend for the weekend we walked everywhere anyway. The car sat in the car park all day sunday.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesbond » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Here is more info I found from women who live in Germany regarding the dating scene there. :D

"It occurs to me that in over a year of living here in Germany, not a single man has asked me out, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what I'm doing to scare them off!! I was in England for the holidays and got asked out a few times but nothing here in Germany."

"Should I be a bit more forward? I really miss the sheer ease of being flirted with in France or Italy, where I know the rules of the game and feel far more in control!"

"It's hopeless. Been here 5 years and have never noticed the slightest sign of interest from a German male. I can't stand them anymore. Yes, the Germans flirt subtly. But it's too goddamn subtle in my opinion. I would happily ask a man out, and have done so with several Anglophones. Give me France any day. It's passion and fun up front."

"The answer is simple: Germans have no "asking girls out" culture. We become friends first and avoid showing any particular interest in dating except for special way of "staring" and certain little signs of thoughtfulness from both sides. If that ends in a relationship-good, if not, we stay friends or just don't meet any longer."

It's interesting how some of the women said that when they were in England, France and Italy, they had no problem meeting men. In those countries men flirted with women and approached women and asked them out. Not so in Germany, where the men are more reserved and passive. Which is good for men, it means there are more women who are available and open to meeting men.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby OzGuy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:38 pm

When Anglo women go to Germany, they know what its like for the average man in Anglo countries! I say it serves them right!
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 pm

OzGuy wrote:When Anglo women go to Germany, they know what its like for the average man in Anglo countries! I say it serves them right!

I agree! Here are some quotes from women living in Germany describing how difficult the dating scene is for them.

"It's a general german culture phenomenon. Dating, flirting, asking someone out the way we are used to having is virtually non-existant here. They tend to be friendly and show no indication of wanting anything other than friendship and then, years later, out of the blue declare their undying love for you."

"But come to think of it, in all my years in Germany, I've only had two German boyfriends and in those two cases we were sort of thrown together."

"I'm going to take a risk, get the guy's number and ask him out!!!"

"I am male from the UK and after moving to Germany was actually surprised at how forthcoming some of the German women are on several occasions after discovering I was English they asked for my phone number."

"Just recently we have been comiserating about the lack of German men's attentions! I too am wondering what is wrong with the dating situation here! Been in Germany since January, (8 months now) and not one guy has shown any interest!"

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby OzGuy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 pm

I have been trying to figure out the darn gender divide in Switzerland.

As a young woman from Canada, I feel completely comfortable in my skin about acting in "un-feminine" ways - doing things like skinny dipping, laughing/shouting loudly, having belching contests for fun, and being otherwise hyper/vulgar when among good friends (male or female). In Canada I'm considered pretty normal (if a little outgoing). There's not a big behavior divide between Canadian men and women.

But it seems to me that Swiss girls are different.
I've spent a lot of time in Switzerland, and all the girls I've met so far seem so....well, just so dang gentle, they're all beautiful, mature, stylish, polite and cute. (Swiss men, on the other hand, behave more or less the same as Canadian people).

It makes me feel awkward sometimes... like a big loud elephant among gazelles, even though I myself am very petite and can be ultra-feminine when I want to be.

My Swiss boyfriend says I'm just inventing things in my head... but I KNOW there are some messed up gender things going on in Switzerland. For example:

-Sooo many Swiss women are housewives.
-Military service is mandatory for men, but not women.
-Women didn't get the VOTE until SEVENTIES, for crying out loud....

So.... am I crazy, or is there some truth to this?

Sounds great! Here the girls are similar to what she described in Canada... rude, aggressive (even violent), loud, vulgar, etc. It would be so refreshing to actually meet a real woman.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Postby OzGuy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 pm

My daughter is at a pivotal age - 11 - and I have been watching how the Swiss girls around her this year have influenced her development. Most obviously, gone are the tie-dye tees and flower power pants! It's pretty chic over here, and now it's all about skinny jeans, hoop earrings, ballet flats.

I find the girls quiet, discreet, graceful, and restrained compared to their anglophone counterparts. They are quite aware that they are pretty, and now my daughter is, too. But they are also gracious, confident without being necessarily haughty, and capable.

I certainly think Swiss girls and women behave in a more feminine way than your average American gal. But these scarf-bearing men wearing baby blue shirts with yellow blazers with all that gel in their hair - are arguably more feminine, too. And graceful, discreet and courteous.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:49 am

Here are some more quotes from women living in Germany describing how difficult the dating scene is for them.

"I am American, and I have no problem asking a guy out. I actually did ask a German out already but got rejected due to him having a girlfriend. Ouch, but OK. However, no guy even flirts with me enough to warrant an invitation most of the time!"

"Being a woman from America and now living in Germany I am lonely damnit! And I have to admit, I miss the attention I received from men back in the US."

"These effing *ppl* do not know how to flirt. They do not know how to ask girls out. Grow some balls you pussies and hit on me."

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to European Countries