Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Look! Camaraderie/Body Contact at Concerts in Europe

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Look! Camaraderie/Body Contact at Concerts in Europe

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 am

Why is it that at concert performances in Europe, the audience often stands and joins hands with the person next to them, or puts their arms around the person next to them, while swaying together. I remember that when I was in Poland at a student concert, the audience around me would do that too. We would all join hands or put our arms around each other's shoulders during the music. How come that is common in Europe, but in the USA or Taiwan, people are way too uptight to do that? lol

Here is an example of a concert by Andre Rieu:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGzAiSQTDw[/youtube]

Also, I wonder why male musicians, composers and conductors usually like to have long hair. Why don't they like buzz cuts or crew cuts? lol
Last edited by Winston on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby E_Irizarry » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:47 pm

This post may fall onto blind eyes, mute keystrokes, and deaf ears. I think that there's a lot of hyperpseudo masculinity in America that teaches men "Oooooh that's so homo, dude"

"No homo, but you look better in another outfit" etc. and etc.....∞ examples right?

And in Europe, people are more pansexually liberated sotospeak due to the cultures over there I'm guessing.

Everything began in America with the prudes ie. Pilgrims and Puritans. Until this day, American country subconsciously emulates those humble beginnings.

And if it's not another woman or if the woman isn't a glorified Christian, then they will not hold hands with another anonmynous man in the crowd due

to fear media tactics that those women have been inoculated with.

I cannot think of anything more profound.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby Andrewww » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:07 am

Because Americans are paranoid and believe that everyone is out to get them.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 pm

Here is another great example of what I mean. Check out this Andre Rieu performance in a courtyard in Italy called "Romantic Paradise". As his orchestra plays lively romantic tunes, the audience joins hands, holds each other, hops around with hands on each others' shoulders, sheds tears of emotion for the music, etc. Why are they so expressive and not afraid to have body contact with other strangers around them? How come people there aren't uptight like in North America and NE Asia? Watch it and you'll see what I mean. The music is very romantic, moving and uplifting. It'll brighten your mood for sure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxevg712Xec[/youtube]

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby steve55 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 am

Winston, I dont see the audience connecting in the 1st video. What do you mean? I would like to find a video depicting what you mean so I can add it to my site under the lack of connecting section. The 2nd video doesn't play.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 am

steve55 wrote:Winston, I dont see the audience connecting in the 1st video. What do you mean? I would like to find a video depicting what you mean so I can add it to my site under the lack of connecting section. The 2nd video doesn't play.

Did you watch the whole first video? It's not in the first few minutes. You gotta relax and watch the whole thing. There are many clips where the audience is doing exactly what I'm talking about. Watch it all and you will see. If you want, I can tell you exactly where some of those scenes are.

The second video still plays. If not, go to the link directly at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxevg712Xec

If you're gonna add it to your site, I'd use the second video, because it's more up close and personal and you see more of the audience doing things together.

Winston
Site Admin

Return to European Countries