Y'all are right about British people

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Winston wrote: But most Brits I've met are a lot more DOWN-TO-EARTH than Americans. They are NOT the same. I don't see why you people keep thinking they are. Strange.
Why do you think that these Brits "that you've met" are in any way representative of Brits in general? You do know that Great Britain has the most snobby class system in the west and those on the top are anything but down to earth.

Also, I have seen people categorize Brits and Americans together as members of the Anglosphere and there are striking cultural similarities. While they may not be the same, I place British society and American society in the same category, societies that have gone to feminist sh.t of which I want no part!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

loveblondes
Freshman Poster

Post by loveblondes »

KokujinKrusader wrote:The British people that I met in China were rather nice, and at least to my face, the majority of the White expats that I encountered were much nicer than I expected based on what I have encountered online. The biggest assholes towards me were the Muslims, Indians, and some of the Russian dudes that dance at clubs in Xi'an. Didn't have a problem with the British; they seemed really supportive and helpful.
I guess experiences with brits vary a lot based on the social classes. The UK is by no means an egalitarian society like the Scandinavian/Nordic countries, the Netherlands or even Germany. The UK is clearly a social-class based society with a lot of elitism and disparity (more disparity in education rather than economical, unlike the US). So you have a group of people who sticks with the idea of britons becing assholes, drunk and respectless because they met those lower-class britons in stag parties in eastern europe or some cheap resorts in Spain or Greece thanks to lowcost airlines such as easyjet. On the other hand most of the well experiences regarding brits come from those people who met them in far away places from home such as Latin america or Asia, those brits are more culture ridden and not thinking in pleasure, getting drunk or getting laid, they are a world of difference. In the Uk there is a clear division between upper class, upper-middle class and working class.
"you lose money chasing women but you never lose women chasing money"
loveblondes
Freshman Poster

Post by loveblondes »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: But most Brits I've met are a lot more DOWN-TO-EARTH than Americans. They are NOT the same. I don't see why you people keep thinking they are. Strange.
Why do you think that these Brits "that you've met" are in any way representative of Brits in general? You do know that Great Britain has the most snobby class system in the west and those on the top are anything but down to earth.

Also, I have seen people categorize Brits and Americans together as members of the Anglosphere and there are striking cultural similarities. While they may not be the same, I place British society and American society in the same category, societies that have gone to feminist sh.t of which I want no part!
So you rather ruin other non-anglo countries by going there, increasing the competition and spoiling women? because lets be honest, nearly all the guys from the anglosphere who post there have inherited many attributes from those cultures because they were born and grown up there, unless they were living in a completly isolated bubble which I highly doubt.
"you lose money chasing women but you never lose women chasing money"
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Re: Y'all are right about British people

Post by pandabear »

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

pandabear wrote:

Really a great find PandaBear.

Reminded me of this guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrBean
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBean[/youtube]

I think the willingness to be self-deprecating is GENERALLY an Anglosphere cultural thing, and the Brits are tops.

My personal favorites are
(1) Brits - Scottish, English
(2) Americans - White, Jew, Black
(3) Australians

Most other ethnicities really aren't very funny. They do have a sense of humor, and will laugh AT something that looks funny, but don't really know how to tell a joke. Whereas, we seem to have the courage to look for the joke in something. Brits most of all.

But the Brits have something else that Americans don't. They are okay with being CRUEL. Something you see on TeakDoor or the British Expats Forum. Or the way the guys on the "Top Gear" TV show on BBC are always ragging on each other.

We Americans may not be quite as funny, but one thing we DO have, is that we are very good sports. Like when you see Benny Hill doing a sendup of an American cowboy, you laugh, right? We don't get all serious about it, or offended.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Ive been staying in a hostel in miami, and every culture is chill and approachable except for the brits. Their women are just like american women, but uglier and with an accent. Some of the guys are cool, but most of them are just stuck snobs. Our roommates are british and they are really unfriendly and keep to their clique.
As a Brit I would actually agree with you, whenever I am abroad I always make friends with Americans or Australians, I find the British have attitude for no real reason, we are not all like this though but the women are very much like this, and guys who think they will come here and find an English Rose will only find an English Thorn!
mpdxc
Freshman Poster

Post by mpdxc »

saw this "documentary" about "troll hunting" by this vlog chick

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xdY99CoCx0[/youtube]