Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What Germans Can Teach Us About The Good Life

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What Germans Can Teach Us About The Good Life

Postby Winston » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:19 am

What German Wisdom Can Teach The Rest Of The World About The Good Life
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... 71867.html
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: What Germans Can Teach Us About The Good Life

Postby jamesbond » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Winston wrote:What German Wisdom Can Teach The Rest Of The World About The Good Life
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/1 ... 71867.html

This is one of the things I really like about Germany:

"Germans actually take more vacation time than citizens of any other European country. In a 2010 European Union report on holidays, Germany tied with Denmark for the number-one slot, with 30 days of paid vacation a year. The UK, by comparison, has an average of 24 days of paid annual vacation."

In America, a person get's one or two weeks of vacation time a year! That's ridiculous, American are the most productive workers in the world and they get the least amount of time off of any industrialized country in the world! WTF? :shock:

America truly is a "workaholic" country! It's not good for a person mentally, physically or emotionally to be working all the time. Most Americans hate their jobs and get little time off to enjoy themselves.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:12 pm

And don't forget the many Americans who get no paid time off. It all depends nowadays on whether or not one can find a job that isn't part time or temporary that actually affords some benefits like paid vacation time. My last job was considered temporary. I could request time off, but didn't get paid. Come to think of it, though, we could get one paid day every three months. But they didn't tell us that. I had to find out from coworkers who had been there a long time.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Robert77 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:27 am

i wouldnt look at germans for good living, they are robotic, overruled, germany is sterile looking and boring.... for good living i look at the latinos and southern europeans who often place family, friends, traditions and good food on top of everything.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Return to European Countries